Simpsons tapped out

Comments

• spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how many 12 hour tasks! lol
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Was an update earlier just seems to be Gil(EA) trying to get you to buy donuts
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Shame it wasn't to stop the "Cannot reach server. Maybe if you hit retry..." bit that comes up (at least twice) whenever I try to play.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    ^ Shame it wasn't to stop the "Cannot reach server. Maybe if you hit retry..." bit that comes up (at least twice) whenever I try to play.

Glad that's not just me - seems to have been last few months that it has gotten significantly worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if anything is coming up soon? The recent krustyland tasks were rather dull
  • tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    Glad that's not just me - seems to have been last few months that it has gotten significantly worse.

Seems to be a general problem judging by forum comments in general.

BTW thanks for the doughnut when I visited you this morning. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Gil deal to Get School Bus and some playground stuff cheaper, but beware no confirm donut spend prompt on this one.

I was going to get this soon anyway, so it kinda made my mind up.

Good day for me on my five day reward mystery box too - 30 donuts.

Woohoo!
  • uls2000uls2000 Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New update on Apple App Store has brought in the "Barbarian" looks like the start of a Stonecutters type special event!
    The description of the app update suggests there's rewards for "visiting" (pillaging?) friends' Springfields so think I'll appreciate new friends- feel free to add ctkn2000
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's also more land available now, the top priced square is $1.5 million & it costs over $10M if you want all the newly available squares. Which is quite the price rise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    There's also more land available now, the top priced square is $1.5 million & it costs over $10M if you want all the newly available squares. Which is quite the price rise.

That's pricey! I'm still saving up again after buying the Sit and Rotate. Think I'll hold off the new land until I see what new buildings unlock via tasks in this latest update, so far the castle is the only one I've got.

Shame they didn't increase they max amount of boardwalk tiles too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody gonna talk about the latest tasks with castles etc etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody gonna talk about the latest tasks with castles etc etc?

Tumbleweed rolls by.....
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am still trying to figure it out! Lol. So much going on in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's more complex than some events and seems to be taking longer to get some unlocks, more of a slow burner. It is running through to October..

Frustrating that the building unlocks don't correlate with the character tasks though. Boxingham Palace is in my inventory as I have enough Elixir/gold, but Bart's task hasn't started for the full unlock yet.

Design wise I think the stone walls from the park work quite well, as do the campfire and ancient burial ground.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    those red things you use are a bit weird..I used one to "protect" my town but it didn't seem to acknowledge in the task book thing so I have to do it again but I don't have any now and I dont want to buy any with donuts.

I have just built Lisa's recycled castle but the event isn't giving me much excitement. It is also a bit annoying waiting for nerds.

Is it best to use as many nerds as possible for one building to destroy or even them out over a few buildings? Any suggestions?
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    It's more complex than some events and seems to be taking longer to get some unlocks, more of a slow burner. It is running through to October..

Frustrating that the building unlocks don't correlate with the character tasks though. Boxingham Palace is in my inventory as I have enough Elixir/gold, but Bart's task hasn't started for the full unlock yet.

Design wise I think the stone walls from the park work quite well, as do the campfire and ancient burial ground.

Yeah, I have the castle recycle but can't use it yet. Oh well, I'm sure that this will figure itself out before too long.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    those red things you use are a bit weird..I used one to "protect" my town but it didn't seem to acknowledge in the task book thing so I have to do it again but I don't have any now and I dont want to buy any with donuts.

I have just built Lisa's recycled castle but the event isn't giving me much excitement. It is also a bit annoying waiting for nerds.

Is it best to use as many nerds as possible for one building to destroy or even them out over a few buildings? Any suggestions?

I have exactly the same problem.
    I contacted EA, and they do seem to be aware of it, so hopefully they will be able to sort it out. They gave me a load of flannel about re-starting the game, but it didn't work.

If anyone would like to add me, I'm Azura67.
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have exactly the same problem.
    I contacted EA, and they do seem to be aware of it, so hopefully they will be able to sort it out. They gave me a load of flannel about re-starting the game, but it didn't work.

I tried it again but it still didn't acknowledge. 2 of my castles were being attacked and it did manage to clear them but not acknowledge on the log book
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't work out some parts of the event. For example, what reason is there for upgrading homer/lisa?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    I can't work out some parts of the event. For example, what reason is there for upgrading homer/lisa?

^ I've only just started this - so I can't vouch for it - but it apparently gets you more elixir.
  • MimiMoonlightMimiMoonlight Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    I'm quite enjoying this new event for now, but can see myself getting fed up with it after a while, as I have with others. It seems a lot of my friends have given up playing the game, so if you're looking for another town to invade, please add me (I think a lot of people on here already are on my friends list though!) - username is same as on here :)

On a side note, I don't know if it's someone on here, but I've noticed one of my neighbours has got over 40,000 gold coins already...how is that even possible?!?
  • EBD3000EBD3000 Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the tasks now need me to upgrade all three castles so need loads of Elixar. However I only get small amounts at a time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite enjoying this new event for now, but can see myself getting fed up with it after a while, as I have with others. It seems a lot of my friends have given up playing the game, so if you're looking for another town to invade, please add me (I think a lot of people on here already are on my friends list though!) - username is same as on here :)

On a side note, I don't know if it's someone on here, but I've noticed one of my neighbours has got over 40,000 gold coins already...how is that even possible?!?

Sent request to add you.

I'm guessing those with all the unlocks have either spent a bucketload of cash to EA for donuts or gone the alternative, non EA upgrade routes...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Bit lost in this one have to say, not sure what on earth is going on!

everestfan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EBD3000 wrote: »
    All the tasks now need me to upgrade all three castles so need loads of Elixar. However I only get small amounts at a time.

On Wednesdays, you can swap doughnuts for elixir. (You also get 4,000 bottles of it when you get 9,500 bits of gold.)