LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Someone's just asked Duncan if his dad was a racing driver! He said no and sounded puzzled. Who was the caller thinking of, I wonder?
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    "Oh...my...Pic....asso". Had more than enough of this ludicrous advert now. Car adverts get worse...who thought that was a good idea?

The "Oh...my...Pic....asso" ad was doing my head in today. I'm glad you've raised it as yet another absurd car advert.

Does anyone remember the loony Volkswagen ad some years back where listeners were subjected to loud mooing noises, (sounded like a flipping farmyard) due to the car having leather seats?
    Forum Member
    redvers36 wrote: »
    I think you may be right. The whole subject of what took place in Rotherham and how it occurred is not something that James O'Brien wishes to face up to. Accordingly he runs around in circles......

Sounds like 'our' James. Deliberately I've avoided listening to him over Rotherham, didn't want to torture myself unnecessarily (:D). From what I've read on here J O'B's sideways take on the topic was fairly nauseating. Thank god I escaped it all. Yay!
  • Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    Sounds like 'our' James. Deliberately I've avoided listening to him over Rotherham, didn't want to torture myself unnecessarily (:D). From what I've read on here J O'B's sideways take on the topic was fairly nauseating. Thank god I escaped it all. Yay!

You can imagine how much capital Brian would be making of these events if they had fitted his skewed agenda? His 'sideways' look at topics has become transparent. I wonder what nonsense he will be pontificating on this morning. I doubt it will be criticism of his chums.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! If I recall correctly, the 'talk' started at 10am with Ian Collins (amongst others) and ended at 1pm and then started again at 10pm-1am (James Whale) and then 1am-5 or 6am with Mike Graham. Different presenters, including Duncan Barkes were on at weekends. The rest was sport. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

You are quite correct, I came on to say I have no idea what happened to Duncan Barkes between TS and LBC:confused: On TS he was an interesting and interested presenter and I don't think I will get too much opposition when I say that is no longer the case, he does have his moments but they seem few:confused:
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank heaven J O'B is returning to the Rotherham story. It would be a disgrace if the UKIP story drove it off the LBC agenda, which, listening to Ferrari, appeared to be happening.

Let's see:

J O'B - tick
    Ferrari - tick
    LBC - tick

I might get away with mentioning the news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, top trolling from Brian. He just can't accept any points that don't fit his particular narrative. He is shameful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What news on Steve's manky eye? I haven't heard him mention it, so presumably it's clearing/cleared up.
  • Maxx_SilverMaxx_Silver Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    The "Oh...my...Pic....asso" ad was doing my head in today. I'm glad you've raised it as yet another absurd car advert.

I like the "soundtrack of cat" and don't want to be told to "be more dog" and find that advert annoying too. My cat would definitely not approve either...
  • Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member

Does anyone remember the loony Volkswagen ad some years back where listeners were subjected to loud mooing noises, (sounded like a flipping farmyard) due to the car having leather seats?

Oh I remember that so well!!! It used to make me want to scream and bang my head on the table. I seem to remember that around the same time there was another advert where a trumpet used to blare loudly but I can't remember what it was for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damian McBride in for Ken (with Dave) on Saturday.
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone here use the "listen Live" function on the website, I did but it seems to have packed up on me.?
    Is the content of the station UK only.?

I have found another "method".;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    balthasar wrote: »
    Does anyone here use the "listen Live" function on the website, I did but it seems to have packed up on me.?
    Is the content of the station UK only.?

I have found another "method".;-)

I get this when I click Listen Live. It's working fine. Martin's our 'radioplayer' expert but he's probably still in bed! :D

http://app.musicradio.com/lbclondon/on-air/player/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get this when I click Listen Live. It's working fine. Martin's our 'radioplayer' expert but he's probably still in bed! :D

Thanks GS, I tried it through your link and it is working fine.
    The problem must be my end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick sitting in for Ollie:

nick abbot ‏@NIAbbot 23m
    coming up from tonight - 14 shows in a row
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent call to Brian discussing the predicament faced by Tesco. Brian LET him speak as well, all the best with his endeavour finding work, a bright spark.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, yawn ! I have been out and about already this morning! Just wending through the messages on here while I am listening to LBC on line!!!
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damian McBride in for Ken (with Dave) on Saturday.

Ian Payne for Iain Dale next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent call to Brian discussing the predicament faced by Tesco. Brian LET him speak as well, all the best with his endeavour finding work, a bright spark.

I thought on LBC , the only people who are allowed to speak without interruptions are the tearful types and the shouty brigade, anyone reasonable seems to get 30 seconds airtime, some presenters do buck the trend though.
  • BurlyBeaRBurlyBeaR Posts: 5,696
    Forum Member

When you need more spaaaaace...
    Your own log cabin
    Hand crafted
    The creative livin' way

The guy who sings this ditty puts more feeling into than seems appropriate for a advertising jingle. It's almost heartfelt. Very incongruous.

And have you seen the price of Creative Living's log cabins? :o
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    That Picasso advert gets right on my wick! Makes me think of poncey trendy new Spitalfields people and how they might speak to each other.
    Forum Member
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    When you need more spaaaaace...
    Your own log cabin
    Hand crafted
    The creative livin' way

The guy who sings this ditty puts more feeling into than seems appropriate for a advertising jingle. It's almost heartfelt. Very incongruous.

And have you seen the price of Creative Living's log cabins? :o

Perhaps he's hoping for an audition on X Factor. :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Picasso advert gets right on my wick! Makes me think of poncey trendy new Spitalfields people and how they might speak to each other.

Absolutely spot on!
  • Noel CanardNoel Canard Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's so cringeworthy.

And listening to JHB is just horrendous. She always sounds panicky and keeps on swallowing after every sentence.

Really shocking how she came to be a radio presenter.
  • Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    It's so cringeworthy.

And listening to JHB is just horrendous. She always sounds panicky and keeps on swallowing after every sentence.

Really shocking how she came to be a radio presenter.

I liked JHB to start with - but her 'gulping' is absolutely awful! >:(
This discussion has been closed.