Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Search of a Midnight Kiss. The opening scene was very, very funny - 7/10:D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - Slow burning but I like that. You tend to get it more in UK/European movies. I think it would be a very different film if it was a US 'type/style' production.

Taken 2 - Not a patch on the first one.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Iron Man 3 - 7/10 although much of that score is for Ben Kingsley! It was much better than Iron 2 overall.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Heat - 8/10; side splittingly funny.
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casablanca 10/10

I have never seen it before and I'm not really in to black and white films per say. However, I decided to watch it and enjoyed it immensely. Bogarts oft criticised acing was exceptional in the film and the change of his naivety( in Paris) to the cynical Rick in Casablanca was amazing.

I also really liked the song combat scene with La Marsiallé
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,163
    Forum Member
    The French Line (1953) - 5/10
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm drifting off into tv land, but.........

I just watched the almost nine hours mini-series 'Shogun' from 1980, which I had not seen before. Some good acting, especially from the Japanese cast members (Yoko Shimada in particular. She was superb.), but I definitely won't be sitting through it again. Another one to trade in.
    Forum Member
    What a pile of wank!

Insidious - I can't believe that some people are saying it's one of the scariest and best horrors of recent times. (ok, maybe I can because recent horrors have all been a bit shit).

It had a few of the usual 'scares' which I would compare as the equivalent of a cat jumping into shot. That was it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    The Impossible - JA Bayona (2012) - A good solid disaster movie. great performaces from the 3 children. 6/10
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anatomy of a Murder - 7/10. Great court-room drama. Some minor technical issues (awkward editing, mostly) made me want to claw my eyes, hence the drop from 8/10 to 7/10.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    WALL-E

Beautiful movie. Brought tears to my eyes, even though I'm rock hard.

A perfect film basically. If you don't like it, you have no heart.
    Forum Member
    WALL-E

Beautiful movie. Brought tears to my eyes, even though I'm rock hard.

A perfect film basically. If you don't like it, you have no heart.
    I agree. One of the best Pixar movies imo.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Die Hard 2

Epic, as good as the first imo. Full of action, wit and one of the greatest endings in action movie history. They don't make 'em like this anymore, more's the pity!

9/10
  • MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Worlds End after planning to for a few weeks. Was well-scripted with some laugh-aloud moments. The ending was superb, totally unexpected, 10/10.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dead Man's Shoes [2004]. Director: Shane Meadows

7/10

Slightly-plotted revenge drama starring and co-written by Paddy Considine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad Lieutenant (2009) - Alright, but I probably won't be watching it again.

About time I had a clearout of DVDs that I'm not likely to watch again, before they all become completely worthless like VHS.

I thought it was excellent though, strangely, I've never yet felt compelled to watch it again.

I also liked the Harvey Keitel film of the same name.
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    World War Z. 0/10.

No.. Just.. no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Star Trek: Into Darkness

Fabulous, just a work of art. Loved the mirror they held up to Wrath Of Khan too. And Cumberbatch was excellent as the baddie, can't wait to see him rock up in the second Hobbit. My film of the year even tho it's only September. Can't see this being beaten :)

9/10

So I rented this on cable having read this and there's nowt on telly tonight.

I really wasn't keen on the first one. Lot's on shaky running about in an oil refinery, no plot and a meaningless baddy.

This one. Just about the best film I've seen in years. Much much less running about, far more plot and a proper baddy.

10/10 I'd say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The World's End. 2/10.

Bloody dreadful. Easily the worst thing Simon Pegg and Nick Frost have ever done. Endless fights and shouting and Pegg's character was obnoxious and one dimensional. Won't be watching that again.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elysium . Not bad 7/10 . Nowhere near as good as District 9 though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Saw Elysium as well the other day. It was better than what I was expecting. If I was to compare it to anything, I'd say it was a cross between Shrek and Johnny Nmenonic. 7/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Iron Man 3 - 9/10

Best solo Marvel film so far, IMO.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FirstChibi wrote: »
    Saw Elysium as well the other day. It was better than what I was expecting. If I was to compare it to anything, I'd say it was a cross between Shrek and Johnny Nmenonic. 7/10
    Shrek ? How ? :confused:
This discussion has been closed.