Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,146
    Forum Member
    What a stupid messed up cow that Frances was in that two parter denying to the hilt that she was luring girls for that sex offender when all along she seems to have been completely in on it but why?! What was so great about that goon?

Did Jimmi's "niece" Isla, knowingly take those drugs? I ask as she didn't seem to take his phone calls even though she knew he was trying to get her an urgent appointment at the hospital, told her mum she was fine so did she deliberately take the drugs and wasn't she bothered about her heart?

On Barry, I hope he has got himself a girlfriend now, I'm a bit surprised that Howard seems to be treating Barry in the same way as Rob treats him! They all need to be told every now and then "Be Nice"!
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    What a stupid messed up cow that Frances was in that two parter denying to the hilt that she was luring girls for that sex offender when all along she seems to have been completely in on it but why?! What was so great about that goon?

Did Jimmi's "niece" Isla, knowingly take those drugs? I ask as she didn't seem to take his phone calls even though she knew he was trying to get her an urgent appointment at the hospital, told her mum she was fine so did she deliberately take the drugs and wasn't she bothered about her heart?

On Barry, I hope he has got himself a girlfriend now, I'm a bit surprised that Howard seems to be treating Barry in the same way as Rob treats him! They all need to be told every now and then "Be Nice"!

Re your first point - some people really are that stupid and obsessed over someone who really isn't all that much.

I got the impression that the tablets were put in the tea - they showed the other girl stirring the pot and looking annoyed when her boyfriend was laughing with Isla, so I assumed she'd put them in there in anger.

I hope Barry finally gets some romance.
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,403
    Forum Member
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed. Lets hope she lives far away and he sods off with her.

Oh no Dan, don't say that we all need a Barry in our lives. He adds to the mix really well and they are usually very tolerant of him. Let him have some fun please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Re your first point - some people really are that stupid and obsessed over someone who really isn't all that much.

I got the impression that the tablets were put in the tea - they showed the other girl stirring the pot and looking annoyed when her boyfriend was laughing with Isla, so I assumed she'd put them in there in anger.

I hope Barry finally gets some romance.

Yes a lot of people do get bowled over by scumbags, they deserve to be out of our lives and be locked up too. I remember reading in the 90's how a certain infamous criminal gets loads of female attention by the way of "love letters and I think this particular criminal married one of his admirers in jail too! Shouldn't be allowed imo.

On Isla, yes you may be right but I think she was still showing a very carefree attitude to her health. She didn't seem happy with what Jimmi told her and that is understandable to an extent but not wanting to try and get her problem fixed?! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    Yes a lot of people do get bowled over by scumbags, they deserve to be out of our lives and be locked up too. I remember reading in the 90's how a certain infamous criminal gets loads of female attention by the way of "love letters and I think this particular criminal married one of his admirers in jail too! Shouldn't be allowed imo.

It is amazing how many lifers and men on death row have women writing to them, and often marrying them :confused: each to their own, but it baffles the h*ll out of me :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is amazing how many lifers and men on death row have women writing to them, and often marrying them :confused: each to their own, but it baffles the h*ll out of me :confused:

I think women liking the "bad guy" thing plays a part in it.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one not really liking Heston's storyline? The only part I have liked so far was the conversation with Kevin where he mentioned Heston's past abuse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Am I the only one not really liking Heston's storyline? The only part I have liked so far was the conversation with Kevin where he mentioned Heston's past abuse.

You mean you didn't notice me moaning about it?! Stand in the corner with your hands on your head! :D (teacher punishment in schools in case anyone miss understands)

I didn't like it because its too repetitive. I get how Heston's traumas are not going to just go away but he first went into this mode over Marina, then he got burgled shortly afterwards and went through it again or he continued in that mode but now he's goton paranoid about the risks of getting burgled again even though he is in a new house.

I know that doesn't make him immune from being burgled but on the whole the chancess of being burgled are low aren't they? Thankfully I've never been through it. Anyone know what the actual stats are on the chances of being burgled or how many people do?

They've now moved it on that he might have a major health problem and that might have been triggering his latest worries in general.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed today's episode. Heston's hospital visit was done with humour (especially him reading the celeb mags in the waiting room), and I really love Niamh and Al... :D His face when he saw the list... :blush:
  • Options
    davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not more dragging out of the Al & Niamh story. FGS it's boot knocking time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davestoke wrote: »
    Not more dragging out of the Al & Niamh story. FGS it's boot knocking time!

I'm sure it will all work out in the end - patience :D

What is boot knocking time? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Poor Barry. I thought he might have found romance at last, but unfortunately Matilda needs help :(
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top favs now Al, Niamh, Mrs T, Karen

Bottom runners, Jimi, Mandy, Howard, Daniel
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Top favs now Al, Niamh, Mrs T, Karen

Bottom runners, Jimi, Mandy, Howard, Daniel

I'm beginning to warm to Al - I did feel sorry for him when he found out Niamh had a date - his face just fell :( I have warmed to him before, but he's gone and done or said something really smug which put me off. I hope he doesn't again.

I didn't like Kevin when he first started, but after the Lauren incident he became my favourite.

I love Mrs T - she's such a good person. I do like Niamh.

'Teenage' Karen is a pain in the rear end.

Jimmi is boring, Mandy ditto.

I like Daniel and Zara - I think the way the actors have portrayed the development of the characters has been really believable. Daniel has matured into a really responsible man and good dad.

I like Howard - he's good comic material.
  • Options
    WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to warm to Al - I did feel sorry for him when he found out Niamh had a date - his face just fell :( I have warmed to him before, but he's gone and done or said something really smug which put me off. I hope he doesn't again.

I didn't like Kevin when he first started, but after the Lauren incident he became my favourite.

I love Mrs T - she's such a good person. I do like Niamh.

'Teenage' Karen is a pain in the rear end.

Jimmi is boring, Mandy ditto.

I like Daniel and Zara - I think the way the actors have portrayed the development of the characters has been really believable. Daniel has matured into a really responsible man and good dad.

I like Howard - he's good comic material.

I pretty much agree with all of this however I like Jimmi's brand of boring. I think sometimes it brings some balance to the show.
  • Options
    4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs T is def my favourite. I would love Mrs T to meet someone, I was gutted when the vicar turned out to be an arse. Niamh has fitted in very well and I really like her already. I'd love to see her and Al live happily ever after. I'm obviously a hopeless romantic. :blush:
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,403
    Forum Member
    I'm getting worried about Heston, I hope he gets some good news soon.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, their favourite bit of road was used again for the dropping the guy off the cab scene. It's been a while, although I don't watch nearly as much as before so it could have been in other episodes I've missed.

I expect Zara's mystery guy to be an old friend from Uni, more than likely gay. She seemed to have loads for a while and we haven't had one for ages either.
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to the poster who said Zara was taking dancing lessons!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really don't understand Zara. She said dancing was 'really not my thing', then proceeds to have dancing lessons. The whole point of Daniel wanting to learn to dance was so that they could do something together, so why on earth didn't she just go with him? :confused:

I don't know why Toni was looking so disappointed. She knew that Daniel wasn't interested in her for any other reason than the tango. Their tango, by the way, was about as sensual as being hit by a wet flannel.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to the poster who said Zara was taking dancing lessons!

c'est moi ;-)
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand Zara. She said dancing was 'really not my thing', then proceeds to have dancing lessons. The whole point of Daniel wanting to learn to dance was so that they could do something together, so why on earth didn't she just go with him? :confused:

I don't know why Toni was looking so disappointed. She knew that Daniel wasn't interested in her for any other reason than the tango. Their tango, by the way, was about as sensual as being hit by a wet flannel.

I think Zara didnt want to do the dancing but then got jealous over the Toni/ daniel thing so being Zara decided to do the same thing only better , I am slightly worried thatI worked out that that's what she would do based on the principle that's what I would do :blush:;-):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always felt that Toni was dancing the tango by numbers. 1. Lift leg. 2. Gaze into Daniel's eyes. 3. Lift leg again etc. It never seemed to have a real flow to it. Somehow Zara made it look easy and by golly she certainly made it sensuous!!!
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't really understand it either... it came across in the end that she just wanted to beat Daniel and Toni in the competition and so it seemed awkward to me.

If she was jealous, it would have made more sense if everyone was dancing at the end, and she interrupted Daniel and Toni, surprising him that she had been taking dancing lessons all along and had a dance with him... or something :confused::p
  • Options
    auntiemauntiem Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    I think Zara didnt want to do the dancing but then got jealous over the Toni/ daniel thing so being Zara decided to do the same thing only better , I am slightly worried thatI worked out that that's what she would do based on the principle that's what I would do :blush:;-):D

Pleased don't be worried - you've just got her character sussed and that is why I like reading your posts. More, please more.... ;)
This discussion has been closed.