Corrie cancer scare

callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-street-plot-spoilers-cancer-4123415
Steve will be caught inspecting his arm by girlfriend Michelle Connor before admitting he thinks he's developed the illness

Coronation Street's Steve McDonald is to have a cancer scare.

The ITV soap landlord and taxi driver - played by Simon Gregson - is to discover a suspicious-looking mole on his arm and jump to the worst conclusion, leaving his family and friends horrified at the prospect of him developing skin cancer.

Steve will be caught inspecting his arm by girlfriend Michelle Connor (played by Kym Marsh) before admitting he thinks he's developed the illness.

He confesses: "It's a mole and what's more, it wasn't there before, I'm sure of it.

"I could have skin cancer, I've been Googling it, it's classic melanoma.

"I'm not imagining it and I know why it's there.
However, Michelle will assume her partner is being overdramatic and - along with his mum Liz - will order him to go to the doctors to find out once and for all.

Seeing as Steve is treated like a joke I don't think they will go for a serious storyline. Just more excuses for him to go over the top and Liz and Michelle standing berating him for his foolishness.

Comments

• BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could be an explanation to his off behavior recently.

It will probably pave the way for a Jim return if Steve has a scare.
  • danlrwilliamsdanlrwilliams Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    There's already a thread on this.
  • theiceman2014theiceman2014 Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last thread was vile and if corrie are making a comedy cancer storyline then that is ****ing vile and disgusting.
  • danlrwilliamsdanlrwilliams Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    The last thread was vile and if corrie are making a comedy cancer storyline then that is ****ing vile and disgusting.

'A comedy cancer storyline'? Please expand on this...
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

After every hospital appointment, the CS editors insert a rimshot sound effect.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    I truly don't mean to sound unsympathetic but I really would like a rest from cancer story lines in every soap, not just Corrie. I've gone through it now with two close family members and it's bloody hell, believe me. Other illnesses are available.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The last I read people were joking about Michelle and Liz's reaction and how they bully/mock Steve. Somehow this has been twisted into people mocking cancer :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    The last I read people were joking about Michelle and Liz's reaction and how they bully/mock Steve. Somehow this has been twisted into people mocking cancer :confused:

Well said Ber.

I'm assuming anybody who can fathom how to work a computer couldn't possibly be that dense that they'd mistake folk mocking the Corrie scriptwriters for folk mocking cancer.

;-)
  • MyBeautifulHairMyBeautifulHair Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    I truly don't mean to sound unsympathetic but I really would like a rest from cancer story lines in every soap, not just Corrie. I've gone through it now with two close family members and it's bloody hell, believe me. Other illnesses are available.
    I couldn't have put it better myself, pegasus 2. I can't speak for other cancer patients, but during my two battles with 'the dragon', there were so many cancer storylines, ranging from insulting to hurtful. The farce breast cancer scare for Maria started it...Brenda on Emmerdale...the less said about Hayley's demise the better. I had to stop watching Emmerdale during the Donna storyline. Now a cancer scare is going to be part of Steve's mid-life crisis? Pick on somebody else for a change please. >:(>:(:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't have put it better myself, pegasus 2. I can't speak for other cancer patients, but during my two battles with 'the dragon', there were so many cancer storylines, ranging from insulting to hurtful. The farce breast cancer scare for Maria started it...Brenda on Emmerdale...the less said about Hayley's demise the better. I had to stop watching Emmerdale during the Donna storyline. Now a cancer scare is going to be part of Steve's mid-life crisis? Pick on somebody else for a change please. >:(>:(:cry:

Very upsetting to hear you've been through all that MbH, you're one of Uncle Q's "favourite birds" as you know.

I hadn't realised, bless you.
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    (((((MBA))))) keep strong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very upsetting to hear you've been through all that MbH, you're one of Uncle Q's "favourite birds" as you know.

I hadn't realised, bless you.
    Thank you, UQ. You're such a sensitive man, always thinking of others with a kind word for all. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (((((MBA))))) keep strong.
    Thank you, pegasus2. I'm doing well right now and I'm incredibly grateful, looking upon even the most miserable days as gifts. I realize that I was somewhat remiss in my post by not mentioning our friends, families and other loved ones and the incredible burden they carry. These people too are affected by the overuse of cancer in 'entertainment'. They can't get away from it, it's everywhere. Like you said, there are other diseases. xo
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what kind of sympathy he'll get from Michelle
  • Debb1eDebb1e Posts: 451
    Forum Member

Really sorry to hear that. Hope everyone is bearing up OK. God Bless XX