Playstore errors

petequespeteques Posts: 508
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all,
Is it just me or does anyone else get a playstore error when they try to download? It says (app name) cant download due to an error (941). When i try to download again it works.
Odd.
Pete

Comments

• GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peteques wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Is it just me or does anyone else get a playstore error when they try to download? It says (app name) cant download due to an error (941). When i try to download again it works.
    Odd.
    Pete

My phone was doing that the other day. Very annoying.
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had it this morning on my Galaxy Tab. It always works the second time.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Yup, same. Had it both on Nexus 5 and Xperia Z tablet.

Again, worked second time. Seems fine now though.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My S5 had been doing it for the past few days but it works on the second go.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Likely the update does not play 100% well with your device.
    You could maybe go to Apps and clear the cache in Google Play (maybe Google services too) and then click uninstall Updates in Google Play.

But it is no biggy so unless you are an avid downloader, just leave it and a future Store update may clear it anyway.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Likely the update does not play 100% well with your device.
    You could maybe go to Apps and clear the cache in Google Play (maybe Google services too) and then click uninstall Updates in Google Play.

But it is no biggy so unless you are an avid downloader, just leave it and a future Store update may clear it anyway.

It seems to have stopped now. If wasn't bothering me anyway.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been having the same on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 tablet and my Galaxy S5.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This does happen occasionally. The usual fix is to clear the cache on the Play Store app.
  • Peter_CarlosPeter_Carlos Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    peteques wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Odd.
    Pete

Well, I would say this error can be easily vanished just try heading over to the settings>application manager>Clear the Cache and the Data stored by Google Play Service and the Google Play Store application. Once done try restarting your device and then again try open the PlayStore and try downloading the application i don't think its going to give you an error.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine seems glitchy for the last week or so, I've cleared the cache (and reinstalled updates) but still occasionally getting errors.
    Forum Member
    Mine seems glitchy for the last week or so, I've cleared the cache (and reinstalled updates) but still occasionally getting errors.

Can you let us know about the error code you are receiving ? I think I can help you out if you let me know about the error code that you are getting. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't happened to me today but the next time it does I'll post it up.
  • Michael09Michael09 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here not sure what that's about?
    Forum Member
    My Nexus 5 and Xperia Z Tablet has started doing it again the last few days.

Interestingly enough, it only stared after the last play store update.

You can try deleting your Google account and re-adding it, but its more likely a bug with the play store. Googling shows many people recently with the same issue.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    My Nexus 5 and Xperia Z Tablet has started doing it again the last few days.

Interestingly enough, it only stared after the last play store update.

You can try deleting your Google account and re-adding it, but its more likely a bug with the play store. Googling shows many people recently with the same issue.

Yes, it's definitely a recent problem. Never had a problem before, but its recently started on my phone and tablet, also on my wife's phone. All devices started doing it as the same time.

Tried clearing the cache from Play Store. Makes no difference.
    Forum Member
    It hasn't happened to me today but the next time it does I'll post it up.

Well, I am afraid but I can't see the error code showing up over your post still. :o
    Forum Member
    Well, I am afraid but I can't see the error code showing up over your post still. :o

It's error (941). Clearing the cache or deleting the Google account and re adding it won't do a thing.

It's a Google play store problem that will apparently be fixed soon.
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    It's error (941). Clearing the cache or deleting the Google account and re adding it won't do a thing.

It's a Google play store problem that will apparently be fixed soon.

Well, I guess this error can be fixed I have been running over various other forum, I guess @OP can try this one, rather than waiting for a fix to arrive. Try going to the application manager and scroll to the “Download Manager” and open it then click on “Force Stop”, “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” and then again clear the cache and the data stored by the PlayStore app also uninstall the updates installed. It will be going to get fixed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen it since I last posted. Agreed though it did coincide with the update to play store.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a different issue in the Play store. Whenever I open it, it takes on a mind of it's own. Going into apps I never pressed on, going back randomly and going back to my home screen randomly. Weird thing is, it doesn't happen on any other app.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Since google play services and YouTube have updated on my android tablet, I'm getting silly messages whilst wanting to post a comment along the lines of unfortunately, google play services has stopped. Very very miffed about it, been trying to look at YouTube videos to get to the root of the matter, but when I absorb the advice it seems pretty futile as it plays games again with me. Don't understand bug fixes, more like bug unfixes. :( >:(