have "we" actually got a TECHNOCRATIC government?

jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
Forum Member
✭✭✭
since it's a "merging" of two parties ideals?

also should there be another election if such another coalition become necessary?

Comments

• PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    since it's a "merging" of two parties ideals?

also should there be another election if such another coalition become necessary?

No to part 1 and I don't understand part 2
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    If we had a technocrat government George would not be chancellor.
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    We have the opposite type of government - a government of amateurs with no outside experience of the portfolios held, and who can be in charge of two or more depts in the course of one parliament, entirely at the whim of the PM.

The embarrassing bungling which has gone on since 2010 is the result. Most ministers are overpromoted and well out of their depth, including the Chancellor, who wouldn't have that job if he wasn't the PM's best buddy.
  • Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    Airam wrote: »
    We have the opposite type of government - a government of amateurs with no outside experience of the portfolios held, and who can be in charge of two or more depts in the course of one parliament, entirely at the whim of the PM.

The embarrassing bungling which has gone on since 2010 is the result. Most ministers are overpromoted and well out of their depth, including the Chancellor, who wouldn't have that job if he wasn't the PM's best buddy.
    This has been the case since long before 2010; certainly throughout my entire life.
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarisse76 wrote: »
    This has been the case since long before 2010; certainly throughout my entire life.

But everything was peachy before May 2010 and the world's woes are all down to the tory toffs...didn't you know that? :D
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    apaul wrote: »
    If we had a technocrat government George would not be chancellor.

who would be?
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    I was commenting on the CURRENT government.

The question was, 'have "we" actually got a TECHNOCRATIC government?'.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technocrats are generally sense people who know what they doing...in which case we have one of two possiblities right now

1) A govt with no clue what it's doing

2) A govt knows exactly what it's doing
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technocrats are generally sense people who know what they doing...in which case we have one of two possiblities right now

1) A govt with no clue what it's doing

2) A govt knows exactly what it's doing

a very good point. since osborne doesnt know anything about economics. im continually gobsmacked that he took history, and not PPE !