Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely.

Comments

• Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless it actually *is* a new series, I can't stand people who call yesterday's Doctor Who the first episode of a new series. As far as I can tell*, it's the continuation of 2012's series.

* - Amazon has the DVDs with Jenna-Louise Coleman as the assistant listed as "Series 7 Part 2".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keys falling out the pocket in my handbag so I have to put down all the bags of shopping I'm carrying and rummage around for them. Happens all the time! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Today in asda there are shop assistants filling up with those trolleys and standing right by the shelf you want, chatting away..Also they leave the trolly in the way and cant get the the shelf..Also when i got to the till, a woman was faffing with her purse and money saying sorry i wont be long ..really pisses me off, especially if im rushing to get the bus :(
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a new one today - people who "borrow" stationery from your desk (that you paid for yourself) when you're not at work and then try to claim that you've simply "lost" the stuff.

Guess who that happened to today.
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Websites that spread an article over 10 different pages eg Top 10 lists
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Mr Teacake wrote: »

Ugh that annoys me as well.:mad:
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went on one Trivia site about movies to find out one or two top ten lists and it had that much spam connected to it that I just gave up.
  • Options
    Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New toilet rolls.... more precisely trying to unravel new toilet rolls and effectively ripping about 3 layers of it :mad:

Similar thing with tin foil when there is a little sticky label which never ever comes off properly :mad::mad:
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lazy people in supermarket car parks who leave their used trolley next to their car then drive off because they cant be bothered to push it 20 feet back to where they are kept. :sleep:
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypocritical people - :rolleyes:

Two faced people, ya know. The type of people who act a certain way here (not DS of course, hypothetically) and there, yet act totally different elsewhere - Not in your presence, and so on.

The type of people who are nice to your 'face' but go other places to have a laugh/slag you off etc...

People who play games, i guess that's what i'm trying to say. That's what 'annoys' me intensely. :mad:
    Oh well lol :eek:
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    I went on one Trivia site about movies to find out one or two top ten lists and it had that much spam connected to it that I just gave up.

Likewise I recently looked up the top 10 health benefits of chocolate and gave up :(
  • Options
    AudioRebelAudioRebel Posts: 32,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being woken every Sunday morning at 7am by the sound of next doors 16 month old (weekends-only) visiting grandson banging about.
    Little sh!t. :mad:
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Mr Teacake wrote: »

That's a different one :)

But yes, you're right, - or ones that have the 'number 1' at the top of the page, a bit pointless
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way my stepdad calls the TV remote the "buttons"

e.g "where are the TV buttons"
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way the postman never pushes the post all the way into the postbox, as they should. He always leaves it sticking out. I was told by the Post Office that this was against the rules, and yet they continually do it. It's a wonderful alert system to thieves that there may be nobody home, especially when it builds up!
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    seen it a few times on here, people who put brought when they mean bought
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    stupid people on ebay asking idiotic questions that can easily be googled, normally converting dollars to £ or inches to cm
  • Options
    AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    People who pronounce clique as "klik" and not "kleek". :mad:

People who spell clique as "click". :mad:
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horton wrote: »
    The way my stepdad calls the TV remote the "buttons"

As irritating as it is to me even, we've always called the remote "the buttons" in my household. It must be an abbreviation of "that thing with the buttons on it which allows me to change the channel"! Since I'm so used to saying that, if I say "remote" then it doesn't sound right to me, like an Americanism.
  • Options
    premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all intensive purposes minor bearbugs are a mute point really. Going out on a limp here but I hate that milk advert where cats have disposable thumbs, not funny to me, I prefer self-defecating/stickslap humor.

Blame claim adverts too, they bother me as I don't like to see people taken for granite.

Maybe I'm just being a damp squid who's on tender hooks all the time.

Sorry I couldn't be more Pacific, but you can't make an omelet without breaking some legs.

Be excellent to each other, remember...."It takes two to tangle!"
  • Options
    Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sticky labels that don't peel off properly so half the label is left behind on the product.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Incorrect apostrophizing.

The usual loose/there/of "typos".

I really don't believe that everyone who can't be bothered typing properly has an educational disorder for which I should feel sympathy.
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kids who are too old to be in buggies.

Your child looks ridiculous if they're over 3 all squeezed into the buggy seat.

WALK your children!
  • Options
    Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    people who talk through yawning

and says lots of elongated ermmmmmmmmmms

repeaters, " I know what happened, I WAS THERE!!"
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get irritated each time that bloke on MasterChef says "Right, then. Off you go".

The phrase "Off you go" irritates me, ever since I was a kid. I don't know why I loathe that phrase so much.
This discussion has been closed.