Options

How are the mighty fallen?

missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
Forum Member
Dear God, Rod Stewart reduced to the Tower Ballroom, Blackpool. And what has poor Matthew Cutler done to deserve being paired with Penny?

Comments

• Options
    QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Yes, poor Rod having to sing to 8 million on the BBCs flagship entertainment show.

It's hardly the Palace Theatre in Bodmin or something is it? What's your point?

(ETA Nothing against Bodmin of course...I'm sure it's a very nice place)
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    How are the mighty fallen?

IMHO that was the best Guest spot this series, I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quizmike wrote: »
    Yes, poor Rod having to sing to 8 million on the BBCs flagship entertainment show.

I'm a bit confused too?:confused:
  • Options
    SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it more "Dear God, isn't it time he retired"?

Can't they afford anyone current, preferably someone who can sing. I couldn't bear to listen to his screeching, I had to go make a cup of tea.

And yes, that was about Rod Stewart.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was great . million times better than the Bee Gees
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rod sang on DWTS on Monday too......only Penny didnt dance this time .....I dont think its a come down at all.
  • Options
    fabulistfabulist Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a bit of a cheek Penny being there, just because Rod was. She didn't deserve to be, she isn't a past winner.
    She was never very good and it nearly spoiled a lovely show :(
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when I saw the title of the thread I thought this would be about BHOY1888
  • Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall this about Rod.

Just as Andy Williams used to be able to sing, so did Rod.

Give it up, Old Chap. You were painful on DWTS and you were painful tonight.

Pub standard karaoke.
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fabulist wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit of a cheek Penny being there, just because Rod was. She didn't deserve to be, she isn't a past winner.
    She was never very good and it nearly spoiled a lovely show :(

Whaaat?! :eek: I thought she danced well tonight, and was a nice contestant and a good sport when she took part in the show before. I really enjoyed seeing her and Jill Halfpenny, I wish they'd have more former contestants on. My only disappointment was that when they mentioned two special guests, I thought Ramps was going to appear!
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    What! I thought Rod was brilliant, a million times better than the screaming beegees, and I thought it was a lovely touch, having Penny dance while he was singing.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, didn't recognise the title as a Rod Stewart topic, so posted elsewhere.
    He rarely disappoints, but I was a bit.... no Katja Rieckermann.
    Maybe Penny's banned him from employing his tall leggy blonde saxophonist any more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEAlfb5cFvY
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually thought Rod was a bit better than on DWTS last night. Didn't really consentrate on Penny but was rather taken by Mr Cutler giving it some and having a bit of fun! God that man knows what his hips are for!
    That alone made it better than the DWTS dancers who seemed to fight the music rather than going with it!

Well done Matt with going with the spirit of the thing and as someone said not as bad as some of the guests we have had to endure!
  • Options
    icequeenicequeen Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it wasnt exactly like rod "booked" to play blackpool..... :) he was performing in tv in front of millions
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear God, Rod Stewart reduced to the Tower Ballroom, Blackpool. And what has poor Matthew Cutler done to deserve being paired with Penny?

She could hardly have danced with Ian, her orginal partner, could she? He's still in the competition so all of his time this week would have been spent in training with Jade.
    They had to get someone tall for her and even though he did look a bit titchy next to Penny, imagine how silly it would have looked if they'd put her with Darren!
    So it had to be either Matthew or Brendan, of the male pros who've been eliminated.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the only let down of an otherwise terrific show.

Penny and Matt just didn't work. And I didn't enjoy Rod's singing.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a long time critic of the BBC, for a change, I thought that was a bit of cute negotiation on their part.
    "Appear at Blackpool on SCD, (hardly local is it?) and Penny can dance while you sing."

To his critics; he didn't need to do this, or do some think he did as he bought a £150,000 Ferrari earlier in the week?
  • Options
    PinkyPigPinkyPig Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

......and I thought it was about Criag Kelly's deluded views of his own "dancing"!!

Rod sang on DWTS this week too (same song, different arangement and no wife dancing) I'd hardly say being on two highly popular shows on both sides of the atlantic is some sort of "come down":rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    She could hardly have danced with Ian, her orginal partner, could she? He's still in the competition so all of his time this week would have been spent in training with Jade.
    They had to get someone tall for her and even though he did look a bit titchy next to Penny, imagine how silly it would have looked if they'd put her with Darren!
    So it had to be either Matthew or Brendan, of the male pros who've been eliminated.

And Matt is a couple of inches taller than Brendan and he is 6ft 2in so Penny must be HUGE!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same here :D
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quizmike wrote: »

I don't get it either.:confused:
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm not a Rod Stewart fan but he was a darn sight better than Andy Williams or the BeeGees ! Didn't really have a problem with Penny being there either- just a bit of fun really and a nice gesture
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member

He sung on Dancing with the Stars last week. Hardly fallen really is it? Tower Ballroom Blackpool is a Great British institution of historic proportions I'll have you know, despite the town in which its situated.
  • Options
    BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Think you are way off the mark with the Rod comment. It a prime slot on one of the years biggest shows ?

However agree on the Penny comment, she always was and still was a bit rubbish.. the bendy over stroking the legs move repeated 3 times!!! A bit embarassing and corny too - dancing while her aging rocker hubby looks on - a bit 'urrghhh' for me. But that said, they are a bit of an 'urghh' couple typified by the constant announcements about trying for a baby... some things should just be kept private thanks very much Penny and Rod!
  • Options
    BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, whilst on the subject I always wondered - is he Rodney or Roderick Stewart ?