Options

iPhone 4 Bluetooth issues

emjemj Posts: 6,737
Forum Member
Hi all, was just wondering if anyone had any advice.

I've had my iPhone 4 for just over a month now, and having tried the Bluetooth out, noticed it failed to connect to several phones within close proximity. It won't even find anything - it just continues searching to no avail. I don't use it (the Bluetooth) a lot, and have no complaints about anything else with the phone as it's fantastic, but it's just concerning me. I wondered whether it was likely to be a software issue, and so downloaded 4.1 this afternoon after seeing it included a Bluetooth fix, but this has not done the trick. I've tried toggling airplane mode, switching off the Wi-Fi, turning the phone off and on again but nothing works :confused:

Am I right in thinking iPhone 4 includes universal Bluetooth support, i.e. it connects with non-iPhones?

There's going to be a time where I'll want to exchange pictures or something with someone and I won't be able to do it.

Should I take the phone back into the shop, or is this likely to be resolved with a future software update? Anyone had any similar problems? I'm at a bit of a loss really as I wonder if the phone's faulty.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    the iPhone bluetooth function is designed to connect to devices to stream audio, a headset or to a computer for tethering.

there are apps to swap pictures but the only work between iPhone both having the app.

So your iPhone is functioning as designed.
  • Options
    emjemj Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    Oh right I see! Thank you! I had googled my problem but only found people reporting issues with connecting the phone to headsets, not exchanging things.

It's my first iPhone so I wasn't aware! That's a relief. Thanks very much scuttster :)
  • Options
    Mark SmithMark Smith Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to send pictures from an iphone to a PC (or Mac) using bluetooth? I was taking some pictures at work on Monday but then realised I had no way of getting them onto a PC. Then I found it could be done through wifi so I downloaded an app and that turned the iphone into a local wifi web server and I could then download pictures from the phone using a web browser on the PC.

The app I was using even offered the whole library as a zip file, which would save a lot of time transferring each picture one by one. As well as working from a computer with a web browser I guess it can also work from any device that can connect to the same wifi network, such as an ipod touch or other make of smartphone.