Options

Silliest reasons for dislike

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
Forum Member
From tonight's threads, I would nominate :

Re Pixie : "I don't like the way she looks graciously pleased but not surprised when she gets 10s"

Terrible behavior. Clearly Pixie has to practise pantomime fakery. There are plenty examples she could probably study.

Comments

• Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    She smiles too much. She's too sweet. She's too nice. So fake.

There are some grumpy people about who are jealous of another's happiness lol :)
  • Options
    David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, she is vilified for being nice. Some people need to get out more.
  • Options
    QwaarJetQwaarJet Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed totally. I'm sick of jealous morons coming up with lame excuses to not like the series' best dancer. She has done nothing wrong except for dare to actually be good at dancing.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she got one of my votes this week!
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are some posters here with real venom about the performers, the music, the VTs the presenters, just go with the flow and enjoy.

I think some of them come over from the XF forum just to wind people up.
  • Options
    mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disliked her intensely at the start. But now she's my favourite, a genuinely nice young lady.
  • Options
    sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once some people decide who their favourite is they will deliberately try to find as many perceived faults with the personality traits and dancing of every other couple in a pathetic attempt to rubbish them all.
    All this done in the hope that everyone else will buy into it and vote the way they prefer.
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disliked her intensely at the start. But now she's my favourite, a genuinely nice young lady.

I think she's fantastic and Trent is supremely brilliant with his entertaining routines. He is one of the best pros they've ever had.
  • Options
    BadWigeonBadWigeon Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an irrational dislike of Simon's eyebrows for the first couple of weeks. He's now my favourite by miles. He seems a genuinely nice bloke with real love for his daughter and family and also seems really keen to ensure he does his best for Kristina. It seems a genuine version of what Mark attempts.
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggywink wrote: »
    I think she's fantastic and Trent is supremely brilliant with his entertaining routines. He is one of the best pros they've ever had.

I think you're right, but that's not to say she is everybody's cup of tea.

They are one of the most accomplished pairings ever on SCD imo - up there with Kara/Artem and Alesha/Matthew - but I still want Frankie, or Simon (Kristina really) to win!
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    A.D.P wrote: »
    There are some posters here with real venom about the performers, the music, the VTs the presenters, just go with the flow and enjoy.

I think some of them come over from the XF forum just to wind people up.

Really :o Well two (or more) can play at that game. :) Anyone able to give us a quick and dirty tutorial to bring us up to speed? :D
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to admit the sheer range of "jokey" flack that Trent and Pixie both get just because they're both blondes (Nazis/Hitler Youth/Incest/Demon Children Of The Corn) does make me boggle, even though a lot of it is said in jest.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any reasons people give for disliking Pixie. It's quite funny really, just highlights how pathetic people can be. My favourite is probably "I don't like how she looks at Trent" though!!

Thank god I'm not a sweet, pretty blonde girl in the public eye!

Agreed Monkseal. Two people dancing together who happen to be blonde! OMG LANNISTERS! Not discrimination at all! Even if it's in jest it makes me a bit uncomfortable.
  • Options
    denver23denver23 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    QwaarJet wrote: »
    Agreed totally. I'm sick of jealous morons coming up with lame excuses to not like the series' best dancer. She has done nothing wrong except for dare to actually be good at dancing.

No - she has a lot of previous training which gives her a distinct advantage and she knows it!
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to confess to being irritated by Pixie's perma-smile - and little girl voice - at the start. It made her appear a bit fake. I've got used to the voice and now I've decided she's just a happy girl. She's become one of my favourites :).

I bear an ongoing grudge against Mark because of the way he pronounces 'str....' :blush: I know it's beyond petty, but I wince and get more irritated each time he says "Shhhtrictly" or "shhhhtrong".

(I have rational reasons agin him, too, but that's for another thread :p)
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Pixie okay as a singer (well, I don't dislike her anyway) and she seems like a nice girl. Trent seems like a nice guy too.
    And they are both great dancers.

But I just don't see anything there to 'wow' me in their dancing.
    It's usually well-executed and it often looks beautiful too (and last night's dance showed they have a sense of humour too).

If Pixie wins, that's great.
    But I probably won't be voting for her.
  • Options
    perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    I never had a problem with them being blond, but I did find the fact that they look like siblings a little distracting to begin with. I wouldn't like them partnered with anyone else this year though.

I find Frankie's nasal tone annoying, and Mark's... well, most things about Mark, so that probably doesn't really count!
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadWigeon wrote: »
    I had an irrational dislike of Simon's eyebrows for the first couple of weeks. He's now my favourite by miles. He seems a genuinely nice bloke with real love for his daughter and family and also seems really keen to ensure he does his best for Kristina. It seems a genuine version of what Mark attempts.

Wrong thread. <wagsfinger> This should be in the good reasons for liking someone :p

Seriously though, I agree with you :)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum who is in her 70's can't stand them because Trent's face gives her the creeps
  • Options
    BadWigeonBadWigeon Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MayD wrote: »
    Wrong thread. <wagsfinger> This should be in the good reasons for liking someone :p

Seriously though, I agree with you :)

Haha. I'm so rarely given to effusive positivity that I felt compelled to post in here. And I really didn't like his eyebrows. I haven't found anything to dislike about Caroline yet too!