I want the impressionist to win!

-Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After seeing so many samey acts, Paul the comedien really stood out tonight.

He genuinely made me laugh and he'd be so different to any winner we've had before. A nice guy too.

I'll be voting for him if I'm around to watch the final on Saturday night :)

Who's with me?!

Comments

• davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with you :) Paul Burley is by far my favourite act this year. He's so funny! His Phil Mitchell highlight of the week had me in stitches! :D
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I liked him Sid , the group dancers are boring me to tears now , same old same old .
    Tonight I liked Paul and wanted to scream out loud at the eejity leprechaun and the cringeworthy Madonna,

OH PS I adore Chandi ,
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Sorry Sid but have to disagree on this one.

I found him very boring. I was like is it just me? or am I the only one not finding this funny??

And I didn't who know half the voices he did were! :confused:

I would have preferred to have seen The Arrangment (fun, something different) or Chloe (talent factor) ahead of Paul.

If he had some humour injected into his routine I could understand him coming first but it was all kind of boring to me! :eek::D
  • ToxicBlossomToxicBlossom Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I am! I'd love to see Paul win it, this show needs something that's not a singing or a dancing act to win.

I loved his set tonight, stepped it up a game and really made me laugh. His Phil Mitchell's TV Highlight of the Week, "Awight" was hilarious. So glad he won the public vote tonight.

Come on Burling!!
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    He'd be a worthy winner Sid but, he's my third fave. :o

I LOVE Chandi and I really hope she wins. My second faves are Spelbound but, as I said Paul does make my top 3. :)
  • itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    I have to agree with you, he was brilliant but the highlight for me was when a friend said to me tonight after watching the show "yes he was great and my fave moment was when he did creature comforts".
    I said what creature comforts lol and she said "you know the little tortoise thing thats on the electrical advert and he gulps"

It was then i realised she meant the part he did Wallace from wallace and gromit.

THAT was my highlight of the week :p:p:p PMSL :D
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Sid but have to disagree on this one.

I found him very boring. I was like is it just me? or am I the only one not finding this funny??

And I didn't who know half the voices he did were! :confused:

I would have preferred to have seen The Arrangment (fun, something different) or Chloe (talent factor) ahead of Paul.

If he had some humour injected into his routine I could understand him coming first but it was all kind of boring to me! :eek::D

And I thought you had such good taste too :p

Only kidding, it was only a matter of time before we disagreed - law of averages!

Maybe it's because I was seeing Paul's act for the first time that he still held plenty of novelty value for me?

Funnily enough, it was The Arrangement I couldn't see the fuss about! I just didn't get them at all.

Hello to all familiar names on this thread :)
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    And I thought you had such good taste too :p

Only kidding, it was only a matter of time before we disagreed - law of averages!

Maybe it's because I was seeing Paul's act for the first time that he still held plenty of novelty value for me?

Funnily enough, it was The Arrangement I couldn't see the fuss about! I just didn't get them at all.

Hello to all familiar names on this thread :)

Thats funny, cause I actually liked him a lot and thought he was better in his first audtion!! :D I thought the qaulity and variety of impressions were better, and the content was funnier.

Hopefully he will reach some sort of happy medium between both performances in the final! :D
  • Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only part he got right was the bald head...his Phil Mitchell impression lasted half a second...
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Blonde wrote: »
    The only part he got right was the bald head...his Phil Mitchell impression lasted half a second...

He did the bald head brilliantly though .
    Forum Member
    He did the bald head brilliantly though .
    It was a baldies night tonight wasnt it? Chris and Paul
  • PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agreed OP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the final Chris and Paul should play the Mitchell brothers...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    i liked him thought he was good
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wont win!,.. Theres to many the same of him out there!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    He wont win!,.. Theres to many the same of him out there!

Not on BGT there isn't. First act like him I've seen on the program, and the only impressionist act in the semi-finals....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    same here, or just anything that isnt a dancing or singing act.
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems pretty good, but I don't know who a lot of his impressions are of.

Tina and Chandi to win for me now that the Arrangement have gone.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was delighted to see him named the winner! I'm sorry if I'm thick, though, but who was he impersonating when he said "Ash, no it's dust"? I just couldn't work out who that was! :o
  • spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    After seeing so many samey acts, Paul the comedien really stood out tonight.

He genuinely made me laugh and he'd be so different to any winner we've had before. A nice guy too.

I'll be voting for him if I'm around to watch the final on Saturday night :)

Who's with me?!

didnt you know it was a fix tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was delighted to see him named the winner! I'm sorry if I'm thick, though, but who was he impersonating when he said "Ash, no it's dust"? I just couldn't work out who that was! :o
    I think it was supposed to be Louis Walsh...
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything but a street dance act,and yes he'd make a good winner.
    Forum Member
    The character playes by david walliams on little britain, marjorie Dawes
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The character playes by david walliams on little britain, marjorie Dawes

Oh, right. cheers for that! Don't watch Little Britain so no wonder I didn't recognise it! The rest were brilliant though! Hope he wins :)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    I like him but he's not my favourite. Very happy to see him in the final but I prefer Spelbound. There were a few impressions I didn't recognize.