Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just one more thing.
    In today's diary she says there were 2 other rescue horses, but what about the other one that died and was called Bow or something, remember she never ever mentioned it then during the night the was turned away from the hotel we suddenly hear about a horse that has died which up til then had been invisible.

Nag was called Ber, and yes, the Dreary entry went something like "I don't know if I've mentioned my horse Ber, well, they died".
  • Options
    vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The horse was called Bo and was bought for her to ride, a tacit admission that she couldn't handle Lizzie the race horse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vampyre is of course righter that I - the unfortunate nag's name was Boh.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1240742/In-I-lose-horse.html#ixzz0c9olViTl
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Nag was called Ber, and yes, the Dreary entry went something like "I don't know if I've mentioned my horse Ber, well, they died".
    :cry:

I ate'nt dedd
  • Options
    vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vampyre is of course righter that I - the unfortunate nag's name was Boh.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1240742/In-I-lose-horse.html#ixzz0c9olViTl

I remember because I would have taken very badly if her nag was called Boh Rhap.
  • Options
    Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the man at the door is leading The Real Lizzie, who it turns out was replaced by an imposter horse corpse. After all, Liz never saw the body, did she. Perhaps Nic is a double agent. Perhaps Nic attempted to smuggle The Real Lizzie to safety with a better owner, but the better owner has been killed in an unexpected farming accident and must now be returned.

Perhaps The Real Lizzie was believed dead but has actually returned with a fetching scar on her face, in robust health, ready to do some scything.
  • Options
    BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ‘I lost my horse yesterday,’ I told her, tears making pale stripes on my face.

Outside of Bunty comic for girls, in what world is this normal conversation? Especially when all your credit cards have failed in a hotel.
  • Options
    BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this was the diary entry when she couldn't pay at the hotel (even though her horse had died). She almost has a moment of revelation, but it passes. Presumably she slept in the underpass that night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1236698/LIZ-JONESS-DIARY-In-I-unable-pay-cheap-room-night.html
  • Options
    amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    Perhaps the man at the door is leading The Real Lizzie, who it turns out was replaced by an imposter horse corpse. After all, Liz never saw the body, did she. Perhaps Nic is a double agent. Perhaps Nic attempted to smuggle The Real Lizzie to safety with a better owner, but the better owner has been killed in an unexpected farming accident and must now be returned.

Perhaps The Real Lizzie was believed dead but has actually returned with a fetching scar on her face, in robust health, ready to do some scything.

Oooh-er. spooky! Perhaps it's Stephen King's book 'Pet Sematary' (actual spelling of the title) become real ... Lizzie was buried out somewhere in the Yorkshire boondocks and had been brought back to life - but NOT in a good way.

On the other hand, Jones says it was a MAN at her front door ... but maybe he was there to say he'd found this earth-covered and somewhat rotting horse neighing and frothing and he realised, because it didn't have shoes but was wearing Bora cashmere socks on its tootsies and along with the smell of decay, there were traces of Aveda Rosemary Mint Body Lotion, that it could only belong to Jones.

On the other hand ... if it's not a disinterred Lizzie it's:
    A disinterred non-existent 'rock star'
    A bailiff
    The Police
    The RSPCA
    The Baker, to demand he takes Prudence back (unlikely)
    The Baker, waving a marriage licence for a ceremony in two day's time
    One of Lizard's much maligned relatives, who's had enough of her spite and bile
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaFiga wrote: »
    And this was the diary entry when she couldn't pay at the hotel (even though her horse had died). She almost has a moment of revelation, but it passes. Presumably she slept in the underpass that night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1236698/LIZ-JONESS-DIARY-In-I-unable-pay-cheap-room-night.html

A trendy bar in a budget hotel? I think not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaFiga wrote: »

Nah, in another farticle for the Wail she revealed her agent bailed her out.
  • Options
    amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, in another farticle for the Wail she revealed her agent bailed her out.

Did she not write, in another Dreary, or maybe some dire piece, that her agent and she had parted company?
  • Options
    Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Did she not write, in another Dreary, or maybe some dire piece, that her agent and she had parted company?

She did, but it was some time after the hotel incident. In the last year or so, even. Maybe the agent got fed up with bailing her out.
  • Options
    Rubbish NameRubbish Name Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the article? She actually says they wouldn't dare set her up. Anyway, most of the things she says set my teeth on edge. The writer also appears to have confused the Fake Rock Star with the Baker and is falling over herself to gush over Liz. Heaven knows why given many of those quotes.

http://www.theproseccodiaries.com/2013/10/liz-jones-how-to-write-well-and-save-donkeys.html

That interview was from October 2013, that was around the time she got together with Daaavid so sh probably hadn't started selling him out I mean talking about him yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bank debt.

No surprises there.

And all the whining about how she could have been a contender and how ex-protegees are doing it so much easier than her are a bit rich when photographs of her palatial mansion (which she describes as having manicured lawns etc) are available online and she writes cavalierly of her costly car etc.

It's not nice but she wants to marry the damn Baker anyway right, so she will simply have to sell the house, sell the car, disengage herself from Nic, move to damn London and find homes for her pets. She can tidy the Baker's flat. The only thing it seems that she would ACTUALLY justifiably miss is the pets - she hasn't even been in that house a couple of years and she hates the neighbours.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and also, just declare yourself bankrupt you silly woman. Problem solved.
  • Options
    nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too simple and no drama.
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the taxman will come a-knockin' on your door personally to tell you about your debts, let alone hand you a piece of paper that's not in an envelope. Didn't she say something similar when she lived in Dulverton? It's all a device to dramatise things (again).

As for the ex-friend with the big house doing things better than her, how can anyone steal ideas for living? Does she have some sort of copyright on life?

Liz's jealousy for anyone who does better than her oozes from every pore this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzyroz wrote: »
    I don't think the taxman will come a-knockin' on your door personally to tell you about your debts, let alone hand you a piece of paper that's not in an envelope. Didn't she say something similar when she lived in Dulverton? It's all a device to dramatise things (again).

Sounds more like bailiffs.
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds more like bailiffs.

It does.

If the bloke really was from HMRC, he would know whether she was in dispute with them or not, and he wouldn't have to ask.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Sounds like she's been living beyond her means, well, if she will pay £50 for a t-shirt, what can she expect, I've got no sympathy for her, she's a nasty, nasty piece of work.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Lizzyroz wrote: »
    It does.

If the bloke really was from HMRC, he would know whether she was in dispute with them or not, and he wouldn't have to ask.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/tax-and-other-debts-owing-to-hm-revenue-and-customs

Looks like she has ignored them so they are applying distraint now.
  • Options
    KeepBooksKeepBooks Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/tax-and-other-debts-owing-to-hm-revenue-and-customs

Looks like she has ignored them so they are applying distraint now.

More likely HMRC was serving the statutory demand for payment which precedes them instituting bankruptsy proceedings on her behalf. It is the only proceeding which gives the person 21 days to pay up, and she's said she has "three weeks" in order to pay. Distraint only allows five days for payment.
  • Options
    Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen this incoherent garbled mess from today's MoS? and interestingly I've noticed she's recently downgraded David from fiance to mere boyfriend:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3065780/LIZ-JONES-Really-smart-people-never-serve-goat-s-cheese.html#comments
  • Options
    Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    On the subject of HMRC I thought you she'd sorted out all of that last year - think she had to go bankrupt? how can she be so blithely ignorant of these new proceedings?