martin lewis money show

ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
Forum Member
✭✭
Love this programme, fast and informative. Keep up the good work Martin :)

Comments

• owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martin is fine and gives lots of good advice. Could do without his comedy sidekick though she is a pain
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is far too excitable for me to watch, it's as though he suffers ADHD, as for his gob on a stick side kick, get rid Martin :D:D:D:D
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I follow his website and newspaper columns but can't watch him on tv - he comes over as if he is unhinged.......
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomscn wrote: »
    He is far too excitable for me to watch, it's as though he suffers ADHD, as for his gob on a stick side kick, get rid Martin :D:D:D:D

I think Martin should go as well. He's more annoying than his co presenter.
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    I follow his website and newspaper columns but can't watch him on tv - he comes over as if he is unhinged.......

His web-site is excellent, what channel was this on ?
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its on ITV channels usually around 8pm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for him to produce the show, but let his wife present it.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't watch him as he just seems to shout all the time.
  • Cpt James KirkCpt James Kirk Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Its far too frantic for me i'm afraid.

He's like a clockwork toy that needs to wind down!
  • dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    I vote for him to produce the show, but let his wife present it.

Can't believe he has a wife. Always assumed he was gay - lol
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use his site but, as others say, he is just SO hyper that I can't follow what he's saying when he's on TV.

I did notice he's joining the Paul McCartney and Cliff Richard club with his dyed auburn hair. His new thatch bit looks OK but he should just let his hair be natural. Unless of course he's getting a BOGOF on hair dye.:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dachse wrote: »
    Can't believe he has a wife. Always assumed he was gay - lol

Doesn't mean nothing these days.

She's the lovely Lara Lewington who used to do the weather on channel 5.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martin speaks good sense, however he annoys me no end in the way he presents the good news.
  • dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Doesn't mean nothing these days. She's the lovely Lara Lewington who used to do the weather on channel 5.

Double negative - tut tut
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I use his site but, as others say, he is just SO hyper that I can't follow what he's saying when he's on TV.

I did notice he's joining the Paul McCartney and Cliff Richard club with his dyed auburn hair. His new thatch bit looks OK but he should just let his hair be natural. Unless of course he's getting a BOGOF on hair dye.:D:D

Second that. He needs to stay behind the scenes. Too hyper and more often than not lose the point of what he is saying.
    He needs to stop taking the pills and let someone else present.
    I always turn over whenever I hear him on the radio or see him on TV.
  • Brucie BonusBrucie Bonus Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    He's also on FiveLive . I thought I was the only one that thought he shouts down the microphone. Funny, the day I heard him on the Radio, I thought of his loudness, and there was some banter with the regular FiveLive presenters... and there was an almighty scream from him!! I thought, yep, loves the sound of his own voice! Very knowledgeable though!! :-)
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he was on watchdog once talking about how to get the best deal on credit cards and my mother said he's intense
    he seems to be very passionate about saving people money
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So dressing up as a Star Trek character is going to help save money?
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had hoped to get some information about PPI from him on a recent programme but he was so intense that I was so busy watching his mannerisms and gestures that I completely missed what he was shouting about!

I went on to his website and that is so crammed full of everything that he knows about, I gave up. All I needed was a pointer in the right direction about claiming PPI and doing it myself without paying out a huge percentage to all the chancers out there.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to Alvin Hall?
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    Cressida wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Alvin Hall?

I love Alvin Hall, slightly sad of me I know!, the last thing I've 'seen' him in was a series of radio programmes he did for Radio 4 a few years ago.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alvin Hall, slightly sad of me I know!, the last thing I've 'seen' him in was a series of radio programmes he did for Radio 4 a few years ago.

I loved Alvin too, he was always such a gentleman. The best financial advice I ever saw him give anyone was to a retired couple. The wife wanted to go on a cruise but the husband wasn‘t at all keen as he didn’t want to spend the money. It wasn’t what I was expecting but Alvin told them they must take the cruise and not to carry on saving as it was time for them to enjoy what they had already saved

It's the kind of financial advice I'd been waiting a lifetime to hear. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martin gives lots of good tips and info, but I can't watch him on the TV - because he talks so bloomin fast it does my head in! There's just no way you could take in all that detail that he's saying at that speed. Plus, HE SHOUTS!!!

I prefer his website - even that isn't laid out too well, with SOOOO much stuff on it - but it's easier than picking up info from him on screen.
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    Martin gives lots of good tips and info, but I can't watch him on the TV - because he talks so bloomin fast it does my head in! There's just no way you could take in all that detail that he's saying at that speed. Plus, HE SHOUTS!!!

I prefer his website - even that isn't laid out too well, with SOOOO much stuff on it - but it's easier than picking up info from him on screen.

Pretty much what I said (see post 20). Glad it's not just me!
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianna01 wrote: »
    Pretty much what I said (see post 20). Glad it's not just me!

And Me. He should stay behind the scenes. His mannerism is not suited to a TV or radio presenter role