wheres BF3 then ?

Comments

• gothergother Posts: 14,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    And die immediately with no indication of where from because of camping snipers!

This happens to me many a time :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much for playing this tonight, still on 45%...

Been downloading since 13:30
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    And die immediately with no indication of where from because of camping snipers!

Learn the maps so you can locate them using the kill cam.

Then go on a merry little sniper hunt :)
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just be warned, once you've downloaded the 13GB for the game, there's a further 2GB update as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    So much for playing this tonight, still on 45%...

Been downloading since 13:30

Mine was at 68% pending a minute ago, it seems for some reason the PS3 decided to randomly start downloading Saints row the third

Suppose its better though, i can play through the day tomorrow rather than through the night
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kopite79 wrote: »
    Tip for new players: don't use quick match. There's a good chance you'll get thrown into a rented server, many of which have silly rules and power-tripping admins...

This is very, very true.

Often I've shot the wrong person (or too many people for my 'unknown' status) and been instantly banned.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres also using your class skills. If you are support then give out ammo especially if a team mate is jumping up and down in front of you.
    If engineer remember you can repair vehicles or if you opt for mines you can blow the heck out the other team.
    There's also health packs. You get points when folk take these things so use them.
    Also you get squad perks. Try to pick a perk no other squad member has and since they're shared youcan end up with 4 perks.
    Basically theres a lot to learn in bf and much more involved than cod but it pays off when it all falls into place. ....give it time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else having trouble downloading the patch, when it had 90 seconds left, it was taking about 10+ seconds to go down one second

And now its taking a while to install it, been on 37% for about 5-10 minutes with no way to tell if anything is actually happening

Edit: Turned out my PS3 had been frozen from about 5.50, had to unplug it from the mains, checking and restoring the system now

Then hopefully i can just install the patch and start playing

• Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 gig to go, not sure why I'm even downloading it, not a massive online shooter fan.... but its free so why not! :o

Oh just read there is a 2 gig update too, nice.

I don't mind downloading games, just wish my bloody internet was faster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody stupid game. :mad:

I was on the Paris level, campaign mode, and lost the guy I was chasing. But when the game restarted, the save point is at the exact point that the mission failed, so I was basically stuck in an infinite loop, with no way of progressing.

Luckily, choosing replay level from the menu resets the save point, so I've only got to go back over the last hour, not be last 3.

Buggy piece of crap
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont remember any problems but it was a long time ago. Mind and catch the guy this time though lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was on the Paris level, campaign mode, and lost the guy I was chasing. But when the game restarted, the save point is at the exact point that the mission failed, so I was basically stuck in an infinite loop, with no way of progressing.

Luckily, choosing replay level from the menu resets the save point, so I've only got to go back over the last hour, not be last 3.

Buggy piece of crap

Hi yup this does happen sometimes. Think it happened to me once on the PC version also. The save point was literally at the point where I died so I was spawning and dying instantly! (Campaign)
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Buggy piece of crap

That happened to me too, many moons ago though. So bloody annoying. At that point i was silently hating the people on here that pushed the game. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started the singleplayer last night/this morning at about 3am after finally getting it started, played the first few missions on singleplayer and i've loving it

I just hope the multiplayer is my cup of tea

Also (didn't want to start a new thread) would anyone recommend Medal of Honor Warfighter, i'm read online its not that great, but the footage i've seen does look great so i'm kind of on the fence
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managed to get a double kill in my first game (the subway one) with only my second grenade. Turned it straight off after that, wouldn't want to ruin my K:D ration now would I?
  • dave666dave666 Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am finding myself getting hooked on this game if any of you want to play online add my psn my main acount is. dave463727
    my ps plus acount beermonster49273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only played TDM so far but i'm loving it, even if i don't like any of the other modes, TDM is good enough to keep me entertained for a while
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok n00b question time again

Is there any type of perks and Kill/score streaks?

Can i do an advanced search? i mostly want to play TDM with a kill limit of 100, 300 and 500 just last to long

How do i find official games hosted by EA or Dice? i was just kicked from my first game of Conquest by the admin because i was capturing a flag
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Ok n00b question time again

Is there any type of perks and Kill/score streaks?

Can i do an advanced search? i mostly want to play TDM with a kill limit of 100, 300 and 500 just last to long

How do i find official games hosted by EA or Dice? i was just kicked from my first game of Conquest by the admin because i was capturing a flag

No kill streaks. There are perks such as extra ammo, explosives, faster sprinting and more as you level up. These become squad perks eventually (i.e they affect your whole squad and not just you) when you level up further.

You can't search for specific kill limits but you can check the server settings before you join.

You can find official servers via the server browser. They're labelled [DICE] or 'Official EA'. Easiest way to find them is by using the search. Searching the numbers 211 or 212 should list most of them. Searching 'official' works too.
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is not meant to start a argument or anything but i have noticed ps3 players are a lot easier too kill than when i play on pc .

game just seems much easier .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is not meant to start a argument or anything but i have noticed ps3 players are a lot easier too kill than when i play on pc .

game just seems much easier .

Valid comment :)

I find it the other way around. I'm rubbish at aiming with the dual shock 3.

Although I'm not exactly great on the PC version!
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Single-player is friggin' deadly. 100% accurate enemies, cover is too low and save points are annoying. Plus it crashed my PS3 twice :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Single-player is friggin' deadly. 100% accurate enemies, cover is too low and save points are annoying. Plus it crashed my PS3 twice :eek:

I've dropped it down to easy. I was progressing on the harder settings, but it was taking bloody ages due to it sometimes being more like a stealth game (come our of cover and you're dead) After the stupid save point problem i had earlier, I'm not risking having to play unnecessary segments again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont really understand how anyone can struggle with the single player on this, found it by far the easiest game even on its hardest setting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just started playing campaign on PS3 (free from PS+). Just feels like another Call of Duty to me. What's so different about it?