Ray could be...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
...the best skater/ice dancer ever on DOI - great speed, strength, power, grace and interpretaion of the music...in week 2 ! Better than Chris, Kyran, Suzanne and Clare at this stage already.

Comments

• SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still won't win though.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    ...the best skater/ice dancer ever on DOI - great speed, strength, power, grace and interpretaion of the music...in week 2 ! Better than Chris, Kyran, Suzanne and Clare at this stage already.

Totally agree petertard - he is wonderful to watch - her really dances on ice. He has grace, strength and fluidity of movement. He is seriously talented and I don't give a damn what he did before.

He also seems to be a nice young man. Don't understand the anti- Ray stuff I've seen.
  • cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the more praise the judges give to Ray - the less chance he has of winning. The public like an underdog better. They like someone to have a 'journey'. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah - the journey bit can be entertaining. Still who's to say Ray won't go on one - from really good to excellent professional standard skater!

Some people just seem to really distrust and disapprove of talent and excellence though.

I hope he goes all the way - he is wonderful to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His skating facinates me I could watch him for the full hour and not be bored, I think he's going to go a long way with his abilities:)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay to watch him, I think he is brilliant, and only on his 2nd week!
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is so talented and I admire his determination. He is good enough to be one of the professionals not celebs.

I am looking forward to next week already. No way are the judges going to put him out even if he got into the bottom two. If he was in the final I would vote for him, and I never vote in these shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dare I say it, he was faster than Maria and she couldn't keep up with him, so their synchronisation was out a bit, but it was her fault. Shows how good he is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    He really is fantastic to watch.Hope he does well in the competition.
  • abs2512againabs2512again Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I always watch the pairs figure skating when its on Eurosport. And tonight I actually found myself comparing Rays skating to the professionals. He really was good tonight.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I always watch the pairs figure skating when its on Eurosport. And tonight I actually found myself comparing Rays skating to the professionals. He really was good tonight.

Me too, he certainly wouldn't be out of place on it, we'll have to wait and see if he can do the jumps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Well I think he's great and a dead cert to get to the final. If he were unlucky enough to be in the skate off, there isn't any one of the other celebs that the judges would bin him for is there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray was fantastic tonight. Not only did he skate beautifully but he also acted brilliantly. I hope he wins. And I didn't even like him in the X Factor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    Still won't win though.

He will win, but it wouldn't be a fair win.
  • gibster1970gibster1970 Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    paralax wrote: »
    He is so talented and I admire his determination. He is good enough to be one of the professionals not celebs.

I am looking forward to next week already. No way are the judges going to put him out even if he got into the bottom two. If he was in the final I would vote for him, and I never vote in these shows.

judges can (and will no doubt) keep him in but the problem is the guy is a slimy, self-loving creep and the public wont vote for someone like that to win, they never have in these programmes.

..and especially now we have todd to win - one in the eye for the judges to make up for JS in strictly.

hate quinn.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    judges can (and will no doubt) keep him in but the problem is the guy is a slimy, self-loving creep and the public wont vote for someone like that to win, they never have in these programmes.

..and especially now we have todd to win - one in the eye for the judges to make up for JS in strictly.

hate quinn.

:rolleyes:

Hate is a very strong word to describe someone you don't know, isn't it? Many people admire him on here, he still has fans from his XF days and I'm sure the people who've never heard of him before DOI appreciate his talent on the ice.

I've never thought of him as smug or self-loving. He has confidence. There's nothing wrong with that - he's not hurt anybody. He has as much right to be there as any of them... he's just far better.

Quinn TO WIN! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member

That's the crux of the matter though isn't it? He starte off at too high a standard. Its totally unfair on people who do not already have his skills of rollerskating and dance choreography in the CV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He can come across as a smug bug, but he is so good and will improve that I think more people than not will divorce his skating from his personality and vote only for the skating.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe just how good he was tonight! :eek:

The control he showed doing that slow routine was amazing - I hardly drew breath when they were skating. He clearly knows his weaknesses too. What a professional.

I do hope he wins, but I hope some of the other celebs raise their game - I'd like to see at least one person give him a run for his money to make the competition interesting.
  • magic140magic140 Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He is though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe just how good he was tonight! :eek:

The control he showed doing that slow routine was amazing - I hardly drew breath when they were skating. He clearly knows his weaknesses too. What a professional.

I do hope he wins, but I hope some of the other celebs raise their game - I'd like to see at least one person give him a run for his money to make the competition interesting.

I hope the others raise their game too. But I don't care if they don't come anywhere near Ray:D.

The next two or three can fight it out in an exciting way - and we can watch Ray as if he was an extra professional turn:D:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jonzee295 wrote: »
    His skating facinates me I could watch him for the full hour and not be bored, I think he's going to go a long way with his abilities:)
    I could watch him for ages too.... surely he could easily become a professional ice-skater as it's all so effortless to him!
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame he's so dislikable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    A British trait..... knock the people who are successful at something! :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »

Can't say I've seen anything on the show that makes me dislike him. He seems straightforward, excitable and enthusiastic. I haven't seen real arrogance or smugness at all.

This is suprising really as he is really good and is a very young man. Most in his situation would not have the maturity not to let their pretty natural confidence, even slight arrogance, show much more.

He is just really, really young - and very, very talented.