Options

Pushme Pullyou Zoe

slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
Forum Member
How Zoe got marked so good for being pulled around the ice is a bit iffy
She never skated by herself and she was just lifted, pulled and pushed around the ice

In the past skaters have been pulled to bits for this but Zoe seems to be coverd in Teflon

Comments

• Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    She never skated by herself and she was just lifted, pulled and pushed around the ice

In the past skaters have been pulled to bits for this but Zoe seems to be coverd in Teflon

Maybe she lost her nerve after stumbling last week - whilst skating unaided?
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Losing her nerve is no excuse for not doing anything. Also, to be honest, other than the bit where she nearly fell over, I don't remember her doing any other unaided skating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I though she was rubbish and could not understand why 2 of the judges said she stood out? The Jessica was much better and was head and shoulders above her.

Zoe's not got much of a figure either, just goes to show being skinny is not everything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does some pretty intricate steps while in hold. And she has skated on her own in at least the first two routines. I haven't watched the third one again to be honest so I won't comment on that yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The title of this thread just about sums her performance's up!
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    Matt was a bit guilty of that with Bonnie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Zoe is a clear fave this year, I don't rate her at all, I think Roxanne is far better..Zoe looks awkward, her body looks awkward during lifts, she is terrible at landing lifts & pulls the oddest of faces sometimes..all of this has been brought to others attention MANY times before, so why not her? Instead they praise her bravary after her stumble last week..how about praising those that get through the routines without ANY stumbles for a change
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    I think Zoe is a clear fave this year, I don't rate her at all, I think Roxanne is far better..Zoe looks awkward, her body looks awkward during lifts, she is terrible at landing lifts & pulls the oddest of faces sometimes..all of this has been brought to others attention MANY times before, so why not her? Instead they praise her bravary after her stumble last week..how about praising those that get through the routines without ANY stumbles for a change

I didnt think she was till this week maybe ITV have something in the pipeline for her so the judges are being nice to her I mean they are to Coleen too
  • Options
    sHAYneWARDsHAYneWARD Posts: 2,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweetcorn wrote: »
    I though she was rubbish and could not understand why 2 of the judges said she stood out? The Jessica was much better and was head and shoulders above her.

Zoe's not got much of a figure either, just goes to show being skinny is not everything.

No being skinny isn't everything but Zoe's far from skinny. She is slim, she just doesn't have a proportioned hip to waist to bust ratio and for a slim woman, she has a bit of a stomach from just under her hips so she looks shapeless from the front and side. Jessica is thinner (one size smaller) but she has a better shape.

Being fat (or as they like to call it these days, "curvy") isn't everything either, unless you consider heart disease and general organ problems everything.

Zoe's skating is pants though. She reminds me of Gaynor Faye.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Zoe is not being pushed of pulled though (at least not usually -- I'm not saying it never happens). She's skating too, even when in contact with her partner. Watch, for example, when she and her partner switch positions, first one in front, then the other, in sunday's routine. She's skating the transitions, not being passively pushed and pulled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sHAYneWARD wrote: »
    No being skinny isn't everything but Zoe's far from skinny. She is slim, she just doesn't have a proportioned hip to waist to bust ratio and for a slim woman, she has a bit of a stomach from just under her hips so she looks shapeless from the front and side. Jessica is thinner (one size smaller) but she has a better shape.

Being fat (or as they like to call it these days, "curvy") isn't everything either, unless you consider heart disease and general organ problems everything.

Zoe's skating is pants though. She reminds me of Gaynor Faye.

I'm not criticising her for it, but Zoe is skinny. It's frankly impossible to imagine her limbs being any thinner. Jess is slim and toned.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad you have brought this up. I am no expert but I have thought from the word go that Zoe isn't as good as she is cracked up to be. I don't find her skating attractive at all. I agree that Roxanne is much better and hopefully she will overtake her.

Also what is the Ruth lovefest all about. My daughter thinks she probably fancies Matt or perhaps its Zoe she fancies. Whatever it is is sickening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    I think Zoe is a clear fave this year, I don't rate her at all, I think Roxanne is far better..

My feelings exactly. I don't dislike Zoe but gain no pleasure from watching her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree, I think Zoe is doing great, no one said this when Melinda didn't let go of Fred once in last weeks routine. In the first 2 weeks, Zoe skated lots on her own, this week she didn't but it is dancing on ice after all, it's like Strictly on Ice. I think she is doing great, and she is a lot taller than most of the girls so there will be less fancy lifts for her to do too.
  • Options
    abs2512againabs2512again Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Psychosis wrote: »
    I'm not criticising her for it, but Zoe is skinny. It's frankly impossible to imagine her limbs being any thinner. Jess is slim and toned.

As an ex skater and someone who watches the skating every year. Jess actually has the perfect body for a skater.

Zoe imo is too quite skinny. And I believe its Matt who is the one who continues to push and carry her around the ice. I have noticed him doing this with all his partners
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoe is a former Miss Northern Ireland, but maybe that says something about NI.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blondekat wrote: »
    I have to disagree, I think Zoe is doing great, no one said this when Melinda didn't let go of Fred once in last weeks routine. In the first 2 weeks, Zoe skated lots on her own, this week she didn't but it is dancing on ice after all, it's like Strictly on Ice. I think she is doing great, and she is a lot taller than most of the girls so there will be less fancy lifts for her to do too.
    when others are not getting marks for ice dancing really good and not holding on to their partners yet Zoe gets good marks for getting pulled and pushed and NOT letting go through the routine I find it unfair

as for less fancy lifts, I can only say the headbanger with all its drama will be brought out for her

I bet Ruthie still gives her good marks for 'smiling';)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Zoe is not being pushed of pulled though (at least not usually -- I'm not saying it never happens). She's skating too, even when in contact with her partner. Watch, for example, when she and her partner switch positions, first one in front, then the other, in sunday's routine. She's skating the transitions, not being passively pushed and pulled.
    Others are skating in contact and WITHOUT contact with their partners
    Others are skating transitions better than her with much more difficulty yet some judges are marking Zoe better

Just because she smiles, well I dont think she has beilliant lines and she pulls faces at times that others are marked down for

Theres just something very fishy with the marking of Zoe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe imo is too quite skinny. And I believe its Matt who is the one who continues to push and carry her around the ice. I have noticed him doing this with all his partners[/QUOTE]

Yes he always does, & Bonnie always got high marks too. I just laugh when Ruthie gives Zoe her high mark! It is pathetic. When some are better such as Jessica, Roxanne & Ellery, Ruthie is always trying to outdo Jason, well it ain't working love.
    The skating judges are brilliant, why did they decide to bring in the second artistic judge anyway?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you'll find it was brought up about Melinda, but, for me, I'm not talking about who skates alone & who doesn't..I just find Zoe awkward to watch, she looks like shes scared without Matt & when she did leave him for the longest time last week, she stumbled..
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Others are skating in contact and WITHOUT contact with their partners
    Others are skating transitions better than her with much more difficulty yet some judges are marking Zoe better

Just because she smiles, well I dont think she has beilliant lines and she pulls faces at times that others are marked down for

Theres just something very fishy with the marking of Zoe

Nothing fishy at all - she is ahead of the other girls apart from Jessica who is ahead in basic skating skills for well known reasons. Melinda is inconsistent and she's not doing any difficult lifts or skating much on her own even if she shoed promise some weeks . Roxy is getting there with her nice walkover and dancing steps this week but two of her her lifts were at knee level, the last was what Zoe did in week 2. She's moving but still behind. Jessica skates well but performs weakly as everyone has been telling us and her lifts are still less ambitious and much less exciting than Zoe's. Its not about proving every week (and Zoe proved the point in the first two weeks that she could) that you can skate on your own and not fall down like Todd. its about presenting an act and the competition at the moment isn't presenting a better one.

Zoe this week had a stronger dance routine, three more difficult lifts than anyone else and spent her time in between doing turns, skating on one leg and doing similar dance steps to Roxy's. It woud be difficult not to give her more marks.

Its not hard to see why thats now reflected in relatively high marks from Karen and Robin and both the performance judges plus louder applause from the studio audience plus being placed third by the bookies. They are not all wrong. Its also plain to see why its essential for the show that someone with potential (probably Zoe or Roxanne) needs to come up to compete with a charisma light and wow factor free Jessica and a dominant Ray. Its very depressing that in a competition with two front runners who started with an enormous advantage and a very weak field the first time anyone emerges as a challenger its her who gets the complaints about having some unfair advantage.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member

Matt is finding difficult lifts that don't involve him lifting her over head because she is too tall. The spin in the lift this week was a good example and he's getting nearer and nearer to really swinging her. Question is how many exciting things Zoe can do.

Roxy isn't up to that degree of difficulty yet and is a few weeks behind - but may have size on her side. Jessica ought to be doing more but she's avoiding the Clare and Suzanne lifts too either because she can't do them, won't do them or she's too big for her partner too.

It may be a race between Roxanne getting better, finding out whether Jessica is underperforming or is physically limited in what she can try and Zoe's ability to try newer and more risky and entertaining moves.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was a bit overmarked for not doing too much. Celebs who skate on their own should be given higher marks. Im sick of girls sneaking through by being carried for most of the routine. The guys cant do this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe this week was given a routine to give her more confidence I think she should perhaps only be criticised next week if it’s more of the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not hard to see why thats now reflected in relatively high marks from Karen and Robin and both the performance judges plus louder applause from the studio audience plus being placed third by the bookies. They are not all wrong. Its also plain to see why its essential for the show that someone with potential (probably Zoe or Roxanne) needs to come up to compete with a charisma light and wow factor free Jessica and a dominant Ray. Its very depressing that in a competition with two front runners who started with an enormous advantage and a very weak field the first time anyone emerges as a challenger its her who gets the complaints about having some unfair advantage.

Zoe gets marked extremely highly by Ruthie even after falling over on the only part of the routine where she's actually expected to skate unsupported, and Jessica gets scored less than Coleen. You don't think there's some dodgy marking going on there?

I still don't see what you see in Zoe. She looks unstable, clumsy and awkward to me - granted, less unstable, clumsy and awkward than Coleen and Melinda (although Melinda is more graceful). I feel she is being led at all times and waiting for Matt to come and get her and push her into position. She had about 5-10 seconds of good unsupported skating in her second routine and that's it from her. Out of three routines.

Incidentally, I have never seen "the wow factor" in her dances. She's usually one of the most forgettable.

Also, by this point Jessica's two weeks of skating for that one performance she did previously should have no advantage. They've been training for long enough to eliminate that advantage.

She's third with the bookies for a simple reason - the middle pack is far behind Jessica and Ray, but she's one of the best of that lower group.