more trouble with t150

2»

Comments

• jpdoveyjpdovey Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    after emailing HUMAX support and listing all the faults that i have had to suffer with the 9150T since feb 2011 they have agreed to exchange this one for another 9150T.

now, after reading some of the many problems that have been experienced by others on this forum, i am feeling very nervous.

will it be a NEW box or another returned and serviced one.

i'm keeping all my toes and fingers well crossed.

jpdovey
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jpdovey wrote: »
    this morning the picture break down occurred again with the BUSH pvr.

i have replaced the scart lead and aerial connection.

i'll give it 24 hours before i declare that "alls well".

i all is not well i'll get the aerial checked.

i apologise for blaming the HUMAX (on this occasion anyway).

jp

But doesn't this post suggest it's not the Humax at fault.
  • jpdoveyjpdovey Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Big-les wrote: »
    But doesn't this post suggest it's not the Humax at fault.

that's why i added on this occasion anyway

to put it in a nutshell les, this particular humax was a big disappointment to us from day one in as much as we were expecting a lot more from it than the duraband that we have had for a few years now and is still doing the job.

perhaps the humax is spoiled by all the bells and whistles that the duraband doesn't have.

when you pay nearly twice as much for an item you expect it to be at least half as good again.

the humax i have is not half as good as the duraband.

in the beginning it didn't start recordings on time and would stop recording much too early.
    series record was not reliable.
    if the games were played it would not play or make recordings unless the box was turned off for a while.

us guys can probably cope with all this and the fixing of it becomes an enjoyable challenge but to my missus the humax is "just a load of junk" and "get your money back" has been bandied around in the last 18 months.

i just can't believe that the humax is so troublesome that is why i am giving it a second chance
    be honest les would you be happy to pay for anything that didn't do the job it was suppose to do.

you shouldn't have to be a tv technician to make these things work.

jpdovey
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    It's true on the 9200 that the pvr stops servicing the tuners to devote processing to the games - this was often cited as a means to speed up usb transfers by selecting the games menu.
    I never had a failed recording that I could attribute to the pvr having been in the games menu, then exit to TV, prior to the recording triggering.
    I agree that failing to record whatever is being displayed is an undesirable feature and the games would have been as well omitted due to this.
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nvingo wrote: »
    I agree that failing to record whatever is being displayed is an undesirable feature and the games would have been as well omitted due to this.
    I don't know about games but I find it really annoying that the 9200 won't record while playing MP3s. Renders an otherwise useful feature virtually useless.
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jpdovey wrote: »
    i just can't believe that the humax is so troublesome that is why i am giving it a second chance
    be honest les would you be happy to pay for anything that didn't do the job it was suppose to do.
    jpdovey

No I wouldn't be happy to pay for anything that didn't work correctly, it would be back to the shop pronto. What I don't understand though is why so many people report problems with the Hummy when my 9200 works so well. :confused:
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nvingo wrote: »
    It's true on the 9200 that the pvr stops servicing the tuners to devote processing to the games - this was often cited as a means to speed up usb transfers by selecting the games menu.
    I never had a failed recording that I could attribute to the pvr having been in the games menu, then exit to TV, prior to the recording triggering.
    My Radio timers tend to be set up manually and they always work if the 9200T is in the games menu. The games menu only effect the AR timers.

Your wording implies that this is deliberate. Do you know if it is delibrate? By not taking into account how the games menu worked it could have been introduced accidentally when the "freeview playback" features started to be introduced in 1.0.15 .