How do I get into the router settings of an orange livebox

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,807
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Basically need to get into the router settings to get the wep/wpa key, the bloody live box is in such an ackward position, I cant turn in upside down:o to get the key:o

Comments

• winactivewinactive Posts: 2,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://192.168.1.1

advanced

login is admin password is admin

security
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheers mate, but no matter in what form I enter the wep key ie lower case upper case it just wont work on me eeepc the livebox is in pairing mode as well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive sorted it yay pressed the 1 button again tried to connect and it did yay yay yay
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    winactive wrote: »
    http://192.168.1.1

advanced

login is admin password is admin

security

Any idea what to do if the default username and password don't work, and the user has no idea what they were changed to (or, in fact, any idea they even existed since someone else set it up for her)? :confused::(

Personally I'm tempted to suggest she changes to Sky and gets the TV, phone and broadband package, since she only has freeview at the moment! :cool:

Er...this is for my girlfriend, not cardbus, just in case anyone get's the wrong idea....! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ventilator wrote: »
    Any idea what to do if the default username and password don't work, and the user has no idea what they were changed to (or, in fact, any idea they even existed since someone else set it up for her)? :confused::(

Personally I'm tempted to suggest she changes to Sky and gets the TV, phone and broadband package, since she only has freeview at the moment! :cool:

Er...this is for my girlfriend, not cardbus, just in case anyone get's the wrong idea....! :o

pmsl :D:D:D
  • winactivewinactive Posts: 2,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ventilator wrote: »

You reset the Livebox and it defaults back to....well, the defaults.

The reset button is the pairing button.

Make sure you know the ADSL username and password BEFORE you reset the Livebox, as you will need to re-enter them. Your ISP will be able to confirm them over the phone if you don't have them. The WEP key will default to the printed one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    winactive wrote: »
    You reset the Livebox and it defaults back to....well, the defaults.

The reset button is the pairing button.

Make sure you know the ADSL username and password BEFORE you reset the Livebox, as you will need to re-enter them. Your ISP will be able to confirm them over the phone if you don't have them. The WEP key will default to the printed one.

Thanks. I'm down there this weekend, I'll give it a go. Cheers! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cardbus wrote: »
    pmsl :D:D:D

Thank heavens you've got a sense of humour! :p

Mind you, I think I knew that already from some of your other posts! :D

V.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    us girly geeks do have a sense of humour we have to with you lot in here:D:D:D:D

well as an update as mentioned above pressed the pairing button and it worked, didnt use spaces also, thats were I was going wrong before