BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 48)

Comments

• Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    shocking... what i dont get is how someone on Fb found out first when the police took over 3hrs to trace next of kin:confused:
    There are some people on FB & twatter who can't wait to disclose 'breaking news' on someone's death. They thrive on being 1st with the 'news'. :mad:
    Hicky wrote: »
    Can't believe anyone ever planted a tree so they could sit in the shade, how sad.

It's 2012 now, how do you think she's going to find out, if the mother hadn't been on facebook which is a world wide communication network like twitter she would have had to wait for someone to ring her.
    So she was better off by finding out early.

The police aren't there as a communication tool, they are there to defend us.

Why should the police make any effort to do any such thing, they aren't there to do that, they are paid to save us from robbery and to keep us safe.
    Not everyone can tolerate sunshine, do you suggest they sit in the house all the time, or go out only when it's dark? :rolleyes:

Unbelievable!

Don't talk nonsense, that is part of their job.....TO NOTIFY NEXT OF KIN in circumstances like this.
    If the family had been on twitter they would have known as well.

Thats why the children can keep up to date and their parents are lost in the past.
    Yeah because that's a brilliant way of finding out one of your loved ones has died isn't it! :rolleyes:
    Sky News ‏@SkyNews

Daughter's Death Is Revealed On Facebook

http://news.sky.com/story/987656/daughters-death-is-revealed-on-facebook

Woman blames police.

Well i blame her for being on an up to the second communication network if she didn't want to get an immediate update.
    :mad::mad:
    Your crassness is absolutely appalling.

So it's all her fault the police didn't have the sensitivity to inform her her daughter had died, BEFORE, some idiot announced it via a social media platform. :mad::mad:
  • Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Morning Folks,
    Off to the dentist and the usual round of shopping etc, SYL:)

Good morning Arte:)

have a good day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Morning Folks,
    Off to the dentist and the usual round of shopping etc, SYL:)
    Morning Arte, have fun. :D
    Janet29 wrote: »
    Good morning Scotty:D

its still raining...but its Friday:p:D

hope you are in fine fettle

It's dry here today, still pitch black tho'.

You won't really be bothering about the weather from now on in. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Morning Arte, have fun. :D

It's dry here today, still pitch black tho'.

You won't really be bothering about the weather from now on in. :p

i wont two weeks tomoz...nice sunshine :D

i dont mind the rain as im used to it here i just would like it to be bright now and again....i get more done on those days...mmm thats saying im lazy most :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wont two weeks tomoz...nice sunshine :D

i dont mind the rain as im used to it here i just would like it to be bright now and again....i get more done on those days...mmm thats saying im lazy most :D

BAH! :p

:eek::eek:
    Your house must be manky! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BAH! :p

:eek::eek:
    Your house must be manky! :D

your just jellus:p

it might be:D
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning halla, Arte, SR and Janet :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »

As usual, brilliant pics Gemo :D
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,583
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning Flora:D
    EddyBee wrote: »
    Good morning you lot.

Good morning Eddy:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning you lot.

Morning Eddy :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the police are there to protect us from crime.
    Since when has it been a communication network?

You have really outdone yourself this time Hicky, words fail me :mad:
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    This is only my theory, but i have noticed that some people seem to be genuinely addicted to facebook and twitter.
    I have seen people say that they couldn't live without twitter, and i am sure they mean it. I dont know what attracts them. I think perhaps it is a "validating your existence" thing, like the ignored child writing vulgar graffiti or breaking a telephone box, just to effect a change and matter.
    With all addiction, sufferers (i dont know why they call them sufferers when it is just as likely to be family/friends that suffer) will ferociously defend their addiction whenever it is criticised, even if it goes beyond reason and decency.
    These people would not be able to stop themselves posting sad and private news, even if they knew it was wrong because they are caught up in the "rush" of broadcasting "news" and nothing and no-one matters more in that instant.
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone. :) Its nice and rainy outside.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:)))))))))))))

Lovely and Wet again.

Don't know why everyone is getting on their high horse.

What difference does it make who tells you whats happened?

When my mother died the care home just phoned up, whys it got to be a phone call.
    It's 2012 now, home phones are almost extinct.
    How rude.
    Do you not think i would RATHER sit in the blazing sun like everyone else? :rolleyes:

If someone is told sad news gently they are more likely to come to terms with it sooner and avoid trauma and depression.
    It is very important to most people.

It is actually part of their job.
    You plant a tree to give you shade, words fail me.
    Millions of people don't like sitting in the sun, i don't but we don't need to plant a tree.

How do you tell someone a person has died gently?

It's part of who's job, it's not part of an ordinary police job
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your just jellus:p

it might be:D
    Damn right I am! :p
    Morning Flora :D
    Good morning you lot.

Morning Eddy. :D
    This is only my theory, but i have noticed that some people seem to be genuinely addicted to facebook and twitter.
    I have seen people say that they couldn't live without twitter, and i am sure they mean it. I dont know what attracts them. I think perhaps it is a "validating your existence" thing, like the ignored child writing vulgar graffiti or breaking a telephone box, just to effect a change and matter.
    With all addiction, sufferers (i dont know why they call them sufferers when it is just as likely to be family/friends that suffer) will ferociously defend their addiction whenever it is criticised, even if it goes beyond reason and decency.
    These people would not be able to stop themselves posting sad and private news, even if they knew it was wrong because they are caught up in the "rush" of broadcasting "news" and nothing and no-one matters more in that instant.
    I think it's more to do with not really having many (if any), real friends in real life. There seems to be some sort of kudos in having a load of random strangers 'following' you. More importantly, if a zeleb actually replies to them it appears to make their day. :confused:

That's very true. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lovely and Wet again.

When my mother died the care home just phoned up, whys it got to be a phone call.
    Finding out via FB or twatter that your daughter has been found dead, is a lot different to being informed by nursing staff in a care home, that your loved one has passed away.
    It's entirely different!

Don't be so ridiculous!
    Forum Member
    Finding out via FB or twatter that your daughter has been found dead, is a lot different to being informed by nursing staff in a care home, that your loved one has passed away.
    It's entirely different!

Don't be so ridiculous!
    Morning SR.:)

Is it, you mean, thats what your used to.

It's like someone texting a partner that they are leaving them, they don't write letters anymore, so phones are oldhat, Facebook & Twitter are the new communication media.

I didn't know there was a nice way to find out bad news,?

Seeing Police arrive at your front door isn't exactly a nice way in my book.
    Forum Member

Lovely and Wet again.

It makes such a difference that officers are specially trained to do it.
    It might not make a difference to YOU, but please accept that almost all other people require sensitivity.

So the police were not involved anyway?
    I bet the care home told you kindly, not just "your mother is dead" and put the phone down. :rolleyes:

Millions of people don't like sitting in the sun, i don't but we don't need to plant a tree.
    I have already explained that i have a sun allergy, not sensitivity and it is not a choice. I will plant however many bloody trees i like thank you and your comments are hurtful.
    I'm tempted to buy the house next door to you and put a leylandii hedge right against your wall! :p
    None of your trees are strictly necessary are they?

You give them visual and auditory clues so they can prepare themselves for the shock.
    It is indeed part of a policeman's job and they are trained to do it kindly.
    Forum Member

It's like someone texting a partner that they are leaving them, they don't write letters anymore, so phones are oldhat, Facebook & Twitter are the new communication media.

Seeing Police arrive at your front door isn't exactly a nice way in my book.

I think you are missing the point that dumping someone by text is considered the height of crassness

There isnt a "good" way to find out, but we can minimise the impact as much as possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing Police arrive at your front door isn't exactly a nice way in my book
    Finding out reading FB or twatter that your 30 year old has suddenly died isn't a 'nice' way either! :rolleyes:
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As usual, brilliant pics Gemo :D

Thank you.

Lovely and Wet again.

Some people plant trees to give other plants shade. :)

Did you try the asparagus peas and Romanesco?

Shortly after my son was born Mr G had a commission which involved taking photographs at power stations (for Ash Marketing of the CEGB), one afternoon he went off to take his shots and while he was out a police man and woman came to the door. I could feel the blood drain to my feet. Turned out a security guy had seen Mr G taking the pictures and didn’t know he was supposed to be there, the police were rung and our address found from his car registration. It didn’t take long for me to sort out the misunderstanding with the police and they were very pleasant, said they were happy that they weren’t there for the reason I initially thought and that that was part of their job.
    Forum Member
    It makes such a difference that officers are specially trained to do it.
    It might not make a difference to YOU, but please accept that almost all other people require sensitivity.

So the police were not involved anyway?
    I bet the care home told you kindly, not just "your mother is dead" and put the phone down. :rolleyes:

I have already explained that i have a sun allergy, not sensitivity and it is not a choice. I will plant however many bloody trees i like thank you and your comments are hurtful.
    I'm tempted to buy the house next door to you and put a leylandii hedge right against your wall! :p
    None of your trees are strictly necessary are they?

You give them visual and auditory clues so they can prepare themselves for the shock.
    It is indeed part of a policeman's job and they are trained to do it kindly.
    You mean you need special training to tell a person that someone has died, come on, what special training is this then?

Any tree thats over 12ft in height should be pruned each year to that height so it doesn't deprive others of much needed sunlight.

Never heard of someone with Sun Allergy sitting outside in the sun, trees or not.
    Finding out reading FB or twatter that your 30 year old has suddenly died isn't a 'nice' way either! :rolleyes:
    There isn't a nice way, all ways of finding out bad news are the same, it's only the mental attitude of the receiver that changes.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky, this is just a question and feel free to not respond if you wish.

But, do you ever reconsider what you say to people and maybe sometimes feel that in trying to drive your point, your posts can appear insensitive and sometimes offensive in their nature?

It's just that you don't seem to have grasped the subject matter, people are talking about their dead children, but you don't appear to have taken into account the pain and suffering attributed to those who may well have been really upset when recounting their experiences on here.

I feel you seemed to just brush that under the carpet, without any empathy or acknowledgment of their emotions, in order to get back to your issue.
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Thank you.

Some people plant trees to give other plants shade. :)

Did you try the asparagus peas and Romanesco?

Shortly after my son was born Mr G had a commission which involved taking photographs at power stations (for Ash Marketing of the CEGB), one afternoon he went off to take his shots and while he was out a police man and woman came to the door. I could feel the blood drain to my feet. Turned out a security guy had seen Mr G taking the pictures and didn’t know he was supposed to be there, the police were rung and our address found from his car registration. It didn’t take long for me to sort out the misunderstanding with the police and they were very pleasant, said they were happy that they weren’t there for the reason I initially thought and that that was part of their job.
    Planting tree's is ok if the owner looks after them, 99% don't and let them become a darn nuisance to their neighbours.

I was late planting the Asparagus Peas, they are growing but with these cold nights coming i think they will be restricted, i have some pods on, very strange looking aren't they, haven't had enough to taste yet though.

The Romanesque is growing fine, it will have to over winter now.

I have a Mango tree growing, i planted a stone a long time ago, never dreamt it would grow.
    I'll leave it in the summer house and put the fan heater on to stop it getting too cold till next spring.

You could have died from a heart attack seeing a couple of police at the door.
    Now if they had rang or text you it would have been fine.
This discussion has been closed.