An old man doing stupid dances to random music tracks

umgeeumgee Posts: 1,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now THAT'S talent! :rolleyes:

The best I saw was dogs acts and barely average singers & dancers.
Never watched this show before, but is this level of 'quality' on this show?

And what's with the fat kid with the orange hoody, dressed like he just came off Jeremy Kyle? Wannabe Susan Boyle? His voice was pretty pants, but I guess because he looked so bad (probably intentional), it gave the the illusion he was much better than he actually was.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I was impressed by the dogs. :)

The old couple with the bells, i was left confused by the praise they got. Also, I didn't think the guy who sang Fast Car was very good, sure he's good at the guitar (an attempt to move our attention from the average voice?) but there was no passion behind what he was singing - just doing it for the fame which doesn't appeal to me.

The old man, he was funny - lets face it :D .. the thing about BGT is that they have so many spots in the Semi Final live shows (over 50) that they have to fill it up with these joke acts.. it makes for a more entertaining show overall and we're left with the best in the final.

EDIT: That child comedian was quite funny, with age he could develop into a decent stand up act. Usually i find the little kids annoying, but I didn't with him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was entertaining and I laughed along with him. I especially loved his deadpan face.
    The five to stand out for me were:
    the older man dancer
    the comedian kid
    the handbell ringers
    the woman with her two dogs
    the singer with his guitar
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favs were only two

Michael Collins
    THe Old Fella doing the dances

Two completely opposites, but Michael had a really lovely voice (if you can get past the obvious which people did for SuBo) and he can play the guitar

Really liked it (well those two anyway), even though I really cannot bear the show (watched it whilst ironing lol)
  • CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt see much talent here last night.
    In previous years, two very odd people ringing bells would have been boo'd loudly along with the melodic chant " off off off". However... Somehow, this year they are "superstars" .
    I didn't even smile while that comidian kid did his routine.
    The guitar guy from the posh caravan park (with electronic key code) was ok, I think the funniest thing I saw in a long time was Mary, I remember her from the cosbies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughter was telling me that she thinks the 53 year old dancer copied that routine from something that is on U-Tube???
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I actually enjoyed that performance, I was laughing all the time it was on :D
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    My daughter was telling me that she thinks the 53 year old dancer copied that routine from something that is on U-Tube???

Yes it's called the European History of Dance off You Tube. Americans had a hilarious one on their for ages.

But to his credit - he's the one who's taken it onto a talent show so so what if he copied it? Most acts are copied. It's what you do with it that counts.
  • GurglesGurgles Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed that performance, I was laughing all the time it was on :D

Me too :D. I loved him and hope he gets to the final. His facial expressions were class.

ETA just done some research and the original was Evolution of Dance by Judson Laipply which was a huge youtube hit. However I don't think Steven has ripped it off, rather he was inspired by it and put his own stamp on it. His is a parody of the original.
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the old git used all the same songs as in the YouTube video.

Sorry, but its a rip-off in my book.
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't find the comedian kid funny at all. Sorry I just hate smart assed little gits.
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 25,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its been done to many times before now.there was an old guy last year who did "sort of"hip hop dancing,,,think he got to the semi finals.
    to many elderly ladies and gents looking for an ego boost at the expense of better acts.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes I said that. It's called the history of dance or something similar and that's all it is. A direct copy!

And this show was rubbish.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When BGT started I think people were more willing to be entertained by bad acts, but ironically BGT has actually raised the standard for variety acts and funny 'old' men and dancin' dogs just isn't good enough.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe he's 53. I thought he was about 73! :eek:
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked him. He made me laugh and smile.
  • fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evolution of Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg

I didn't even think Steven Hall (H-A-DOUBLE L) was that good! If you're going to copy someone - do it well at least!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreading it as soon as I saw him, but I did laugh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    The old guy just ripped off the Evolution Of Dance that has been around for years and is very good indeed.

I felt a little miffed that he got through knowing he neither thought it up nor did it very well at all....

Edit:: Someone got to it first, same sentements by the looks of things as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep - search for Evolution of Dance.

Can't get on YouTube at the moment, but I think last I heard it had about 170 million views.....
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Showed my Dad the Evolution of Dance video straight afterwards as I had to show how bad the guy on BGT was in comparison.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fella dancing to them tracks was a hopeless act. The woman with the dogs was pretty good, but not as sharp as Kate and Gin was. Wasn't that fussed/bothered about the lad with the guitar who the papers made out was brilliant. Pfft.