How to cancel Boxnation within your contract

daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
Forum Member
✭✭
this information was given to me by a boxnation rep

Here is how to cancel boxnation via Sky

1 Go to paywizard and go to manage subscription then click the button marked cancel subscription
and finally 2 remove your card details from the site and no more payments will be collected just thought i'd share this information for people on here who would like to cancel boxnation within the contract.

Comments

• originalrobskioriginalrobski Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Yep, this works, after January's feeble shows its exactly what I did, no hassle at all!
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did this tonight after the poor content
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,446
    Forum Member
    daniel99 wrote: »
    did this tonight after the poor content
    Be interesting to actually see the subscriber numbers to this channel and if they hav'nt got many how long will the channel last!!
    Ian.
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of interest through reading this thread I looked at the site, and tried to find "how to cancel", and apparantly the payment and cancellation is done through a third party.

It's about time it was as easy to cancel satellite/web subscriptions as it is to order. I would bamn "rolling contracts" and make it opt-in rather than opt-out, so that, for expamle, Sky would have to contact you to ask "would you like a further month/three months" etc and the contract ends if you don't reply.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howard h wrote: »
    It's about time it was as easy to cancel satellite/web subscriptions as it is to order. I would bamn "rolling contracts" and make it opt-in rather than opt-out, so that, for expamle, Sky would have to contact you to ask "would you like a further month/three months" etc and the contract ends if you don't reply.

No thankyou.

What if i miss the letter, or e-mail, and get home and find my Sky not working, or even worse, come back off holdiay to find it cancelled half way thorugh, and nothing has recorded.

It's easy to cancel Sky, so don't see the problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boxnation won't last long
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what happens when you have a certain sport spread across too many channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Sports shows Boxing so does Eurosport
  • whiteswanwhiteswan Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Sorry for resurrecting this but I assume a number of us will be cancelling today !

I followed the instructions above but it just says sorry there is a problem.

Apparently they don't work Sundays so the phone line is not being answered.

I can't see a way to cancel on their website.

Any ideas?

Dave
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right found a way to do it..........

If you try and cancel subscription it wont let you.

SO - If you go and delete your payment card first - it will tell you that you can't and there is a link to your subscription from that page - cancel it there through that link - then remove your card.

Do we have to tell BOXNATION ?

Dave
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no you don't have to inform them paywizard will inform them that you have cancelled
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just had an email from pay wizard telling me I need to inform them.

Do they have an email address ?

The fill in form on their website wont give me a record of cancellation.

Dave
  • BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No thankyou.

What if i miss the letter, or e-mail, and get home and find my Sky not working, or even worse, come back off holdiay to find it cancelled half way thorugh, and nothing has recorded.

It's easy to cancel Sky, so don't see the problem.

It should be as easy to cancel/downgrade online as it is to upgrade. Virgin and Sky are as bad as each other for this
  • webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. I wanted the HD pack (£10 per month per tv back then) moved from one tv to another.
    Sky rep couldn't do it. I had to upgrade 1 tv to have hd pack and then contact cancellations to cancel the hd pack on the other. Ridiculous.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It should be as easy to cancel/downgrade online as it is to upgrade. Virgin and Sky are as bad as each other for this

???? :confused: ????

I never said otherwise.

I was responding to a post that said Sky should auto cancel your subs after a year if you don't speak to them, is that what you want?

Because i am damn sure i don't.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howard h wrote: »

And how many people would bitch at the price increase that happened to pay for the extra admin staff they'd have to eomply to do this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

I'm trying to cancel the subscription through Paywizard yet when I do the following:

>Subscriptions
    >Manage subscription
    >Cancel subscription

It gives me a message in red saying "Sorry, there is a problem. Please try later"

I've been trying since yesterday morning now and getting a little concerned it has been made almost impossible to cancel on purpose!

I've sent messages to both Boxnation.com and Paywizard via their sites but no response as yet...
  • RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would cancel but too many top fights comming up.

starting next weekend with Adrian Broner. that's a show and a half.

They need a HD channel very soon, and i'm tempted to drop it in mid late december-feb march while the slow shite months then come back.
    frost wrote: »
    And how many people would bitch at the price increase that happened to pay for the extra admin staff they'd have to eomply to do this?

I'd allow upgrades and downgrades via the web with various options like auto renew on and off, the ability to pay for a few months up front, with or without auto renew.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all,

I'm trying to cancel the subscription through Paywizard yet when I do the following:

>Subscriptions
    >Manage subscription
    >Cancel subscription

It gives me a message in red saying "Sorry, there is a problem. Please try later"

I've been trying since yesterday morning now and getting a little concerned it has been made almost impossible to cancel on purpose!

I've sent messages to both Boxnation.com and Paywizard via their sites but no response as yet...

Yep see post #11 above - it explains how to do it.

Dave
  • Scalper JackScalper Jack Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would one cancel straight away when Broner is on this week and Groves the next? You'll get these as part of the 30-days.

This Broner is very good any time I've seen him on Boxnation. Big KOs. Seems to be a cocky big upcoming name. Watch this, then cancel if need be. You'll get most or all of the undercard too.
    Forum Member
    Hi Dave - thaks for the response.

I did try this but concludes with the same end result?

No idea why?

Still no response from either Paywizard or Boxnation... :confused:
    Forum Member
    @scalperjack - I'm away for the next 7 weeks as of Friday for work so won't see it anyway i'm afraid.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ragnarok wrote: »

I'd allow upgrades and downgrades via the web with various options like auto renew on and off, the ability to pay for a few months up front, with or without auto renew.

You think that can be done with no additional staff? You'd still need to employ more people, which would mean more money spent by Sky which would mean prices increases.
  • RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Boxnation can make that case, but there system has an out.

Sky already have a team of web coders and a website that can access there subscriber db. just needs a web extra options.
  • Scalper JackScalper Jack Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boxnation won't likely do anything. Subs area will be MGT who own Paywizard and handle most subs outside of Sky's own.
    Hi Dave - thaks for the response.

I did try this but concludes with the same end result?

No idea why?

Still no response from either Paywizard or Boxnation... :confused:

This is from Boxnation Twitter as people are asking.

To unsubscribe, you fill in this form and someone will call you (up to 48 hours)
    http://www.boxnation.com/unsubscribe/

You can call this number after 5pm
    0844 842 5005