X Factor USA full result should send a stern warning to Simon Cowell.

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
Forum Member
Two overs - the oldest looking - in the top three week 1, it's not all about horny teenage girls. I expect the marketing of the show like that, for example the One Direction love in - is part of what is hurting the show on both sides of the Atlantic.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Two overs - the oldest looking - in the top three week 1, it's not all about horny teenage girls. I expect the marketing of the show like that, for example the One Direction love in - is part of what is hurting the show on both sides of the Atlantic.

Im not that surprised tate did will. He's the only country artist and the country fans are a loyal bunch in the states. I am surprised he topped carly. The thing with america is that the true winner never actually wins (they come 2nd). Surprised with the groups faring so poorly. Happy for diamond
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping it sends more of a warning to Demi to be perfectly honest. She needs to get her act together as a mentor. I'd have thought Jennel was this year's winner, and even though she was the top out of Demi's acts, she was still in the bottom half of the top 12.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping it sends more of a warning to Demi to be perfectly honest. She needs to get her act together as a mentor. I'd have thought Jennel was this year's winner, and even though she was the top out of Demi's acts, she was still in the bottom half of the top 12.
    I agree, although she has a good chemistry with Simon, and was edited well in auditions the live shows have proven she isn't old enough or experienced enough to be a mentor. (I don't say that to be patronising as i'm only a few months older than her) She gave two of her singers rock songs - nothing wrong with rock but I think it shows she's more interested in making them appeal to her than to the wider audience.. i'm a fan of rock but it never does well on shows like this. I can tell she's had input on their styling too as they all look awful and those in other categories don't.

I feel the judges on the US version have more freedom to do whatever they like with their contestants - Simon of course has total control over his.. LA is no pushover when it comes to things like this - especially considering his real job - and I can't see them trying to tell someone as big as Britney what to do - though I think Simon and Britney are working closely
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, although she has a good chemistry with Simon, and was edited well in auditions the live shows have proven she isn't old enough or experienced enough to be a mentor. (I don't say that to be patronising as i'm only a few months older than her) She gave two of her singers rock songs - nothing wrong with rock but I think it shows she's more interested in making them appeal to her than to the wider audience.. i'm a fan of rock but it never does well on shows like this. I can tell she's had input on their styling too as they all look awful and those in other categories don't.

I feel the judges on the US version have more freedom to do whatever they like with their contestants - Simon of course has total control over his.. LA is no pushover when it comes to things like this - especially considering his real job - and I can't see them trying to tell someone as big as Britney what to do - though I think Simon and Britney are working closely

I agree with this. They have actual power and not just the producer's puppets.

Even Brian the choreographer seemed pissed in the first week pre-show when he said Demi made him change everything back to the way she wanted it.

I can't imagine that ever happening in the UK version.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the OP. Never understood why the XF tries so hard to be 'current' when young people mostly just ignore it.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what lead them to revealing the order as this could dictate how america votes from now on.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're probably being too current in some of the song choices and productions. The show thrived on being a bit karaoke. Rap isn't mainstream Saturday night material. I've said it before but James Arthur playing his guitar singing a Tulisa song to guest judge Rita Ora just shows how they've got carried away with the "finding a popstar" side of things. That used to be for the record label to worry about after the show but now there's a sizeable contigent from the label determining the song choices.

Having young acts isn't necessarily a problem, though. Cher & 1D were great for series 7 and we've had young acts since 16 year old Cassie Compton in series 1. It's what they're doing with them that's more the issue.
    Vol wrote: »
    Agree with the OP. Never understood why the XF tries so hard to be 'current' when young people mostly just ignore it.

They don't ignore it at all. Even in its damaged state it's still by far the most watched show among adults 16-34 and that's where the money is in TV.
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vol wrote: »

They don't ignore it, social media goes insane during the airings.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    I wonder what lead them to revealing the order as this could dictate how america votes from now on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREexjswios
    Tate Stevens was No.1

Thats not the type of winner Cowell wants!:eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Im sure Simon dont care at all who wins, at least this year, he is desperate to make it good for FOX. Whoever wins, the acts he wants will be attached to him, and will try to make them stars, not strictly the winner.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem is, as we've seen on this show for the past 8 eight years now, while these type of acts may attract phone votes they don't attract record sales.
  • JJJ_finlandJJJ_finland Posts: 9,044
    Forum Member

Exactly what I thought and just wrote to another thread......

They have tried so hard to make this a teen show, that I have a feeling they showed the results on purpose so that the teens would vote more....:rolleyes:
  • LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tete is Americas version of Christopher Maloney, I hope the US producers turn against him.
    Forum Member
    steve2013 wrote: »

That is why they showed it.

Simon probably knew the result beforehand and said we need to show them to the public so that teens would get scared and vote more.... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree totally with this, it does not matter how young of an audience Simon wants to pull in. The over 25 audience tend to be in the majority year in and year out, Kids get bored and want to be out doing their own thing and will not watch a show faithfully like an older audience will. Cowell tweeted 3 times last night, and it was clear that he was not very pleased by the placing that his groups had, basically saying to the kids....if you don't vote this is what happens. I think he was pretty shocked by Vino and Tate being in the top 3
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the hell did they reveal the voting order?! Someone like Arin, who is doing poorly in the votes will now get a rush of votes next week. It makes no sense; if they carry on doing this up until the final, the person who comes second in the semi final will probably win!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think LA Reid was also shocked that he had 2 overs in the top running and he chose to rub cowells face in it on twitter lol.....LA had no belief in the overs being even remotely marketable , so its a lesson learned for him as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abigail88 wrote: »
    Why the hell did they reveal the voting order?! Someone like Arin, who is doing poorly in the votes will now get a rush of votes next week. It makes no sense; if they carry on doing this up until the final, the person who comes second in the semi final will probably win!

I see your point of this, but its something you thought of and its something a lot of people will think of and if they dont want that to happen they will only vote harder for their own favs, its actually a good way to force the public to vote hard
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisybelle wrote: »
    I see your point of this, but its something you thought of and its something a lot of people will think of and if they dont want that to happen they will only vote harder for their own favs, its actually a good way to force the public to vote hard

I see your point but I thin it takes away all the suspense an it will have an effect on who the winner is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the end of the day Cowell gave the American audience what they asked for, last year he was bombarded online by people saying he had to start releasing the voting figures, they can't exactly complain about it now lol
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,764
    Forum Member
    At the end of the day Cowell gave the American audience what they asked for, last year he was bombarded online by people saying he had to start releasing the voting figures, they can't exactly complain about it now lol
    I think most wanted the figures after the season has finished.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think showing the figures at the end of the season is the best idea, not during.
    Forum Member
    Abigail88 wrote: »

That is why they did it!!!!

THE WRONG two were in TOP3 (in their opinion)......
    They wanna change that. :cool:
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shocked to see CeCe Frey in the bottom 2 :eek:

And I thought the boyband would get higher. Lyric 145 were great but they won't attract the votes.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think LA Reid was also shocked that he had 2 overs in the top running and he chose to rub cowells face in it on twitter lol.....LA had no belief in the overs being even remotely marketable , so its a lesson learned for him as well.

I doubt he thinks they're any more marketable just because they came high in the vote. There's not always a link between the voting and record sales.