"Slane Girl"

Comments

• designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    Promiscuity doesn't automatically equal no self respect, neither does exhibitionism. Jesus if you can't **** about when you're young really what is the point of being young? Annoying though it must be to have pictures out there and complete strangers passing judgement this girl has done nothing particularly wrong.

I'm no saint. When I was a few years younger I was promiscuous but I would never dream of noshing several guys off in full view of everyone. I do think she has no self respect. By all means she can do what she wants (within the law) but it's pretty stupid to do it at a concert where everyone can see and incriminating evidence can be gathered. Plus what she has done IS breaking the law isn't it? Isn't it some sort of "public decency" law? I mean you can get done for peeing in public, I'm pretty sure chowing down on a meaty buffet would get you in trouble too. lol

Self respect would be to be a bit less blase and a bit more careful about where she chooses to do these things. :D
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    In theory, you're right but we're living in a society where young women are judged for "sluttish" behaviour. It's probably extremely sexist and hypocritical, but a harsh reality too.

That because society is misogynistic. There's still an unfortunate tendency for women to be '**** shamed' for being sexual outside certain accepted boundaries whilst men are celebrated for their conquests. It's like some ridiculous throwback to times when women's sexuality had to be controlled.

Tbh I think it's entirely up to her what she does with her own body and if she was happy with it and it was all consensual then it's the people judging her who should wonder why they really do so. Enjoying sex and sexual acts is nothing really to do with self respect. The only thing she should think about is being careful not to get in trouble with the police for being in public but they're hardly the first people ever to do such a thing in view of others!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    That because society is misogynistic. There's still an unfortunate tendency for women to be '**** shamed' for being sexual outside certain accepted boundaries whilst men are celebrated for their conquests. It's like some ridiculous throwback to times when women's sexuality had to be controlled.

Tbh I think it's entirely up to her what she does with her own body and if she was happy with it and it was all consensual then it's the people judging her who should wonder why they really do so.

Don't forget though that much of this judging comes from other women, which confuses things further.
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beats getting drowned I suppose.
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    In theory, you're right but we're living in a society where young women are judged for "sluttish" behaviour. It's probably extremely sexist and hypocritical, but a harsh reality too.

Well the solution to that is simply not to subscribe to those judgements or to condone those who do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Can children go to this festival?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget though that much of this judging comes from other women, which confuses things further.

Which is a really sad indictment of the continued social conditioning that goes on. It's just sex people!

The other thing to note is that maybe this girl isn't happy with what she did. Maybe she's going through a tough time, has some issues, feels that being with men like this is the only way she gets positive attention. That happens too and it's sad. But people being judgemental wotsits about her is hardly going to help!
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Promiscuity doesn't automatically equal no self respect, neither does exhibitionism. Jesus if you can't **** about when you're young really what is the point of being young? Annoying though it must be to have pictures out there and complete strangers passing judgement this girl has done nothing particularly wrong.

I don't know... There is a difference between "slutting about" and doing it overtly in broad daylight amongst a crowd.

I'm sorry but I see no difference between where she was doing it and the high street or a busy park. Anyone, male or female, who decides to perform sex acts in a public place is open to scrutiny I'm afraid.

Of course sex is just sex and people should be free to do what they like. But of course not anywhere.

I can't walk down the highstreet with me penis out or have sex in a park, its not appropriate. The same applies here.
    Forum Member
    Can children go to this festival?

It was an Eminem concert so I don't think anyone there would have been out of order for making the assumption that it was an adult only environment.
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    I don't know... There is a difference between "slutting about" and doing it overtly in broad daylight amongst a crowd.

I'm sorry but I see no difference between where she was doing it and the high street or a busy park.

Your high street is clearly way cooler than mine! It was an Eminem Concert, if you really believe that that is an equivalent environment to a park, then you have been going to some pretty hard core parks
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Your high street is clearly way cooler than mine! It was an Eminem Concert, if you really believe that that is an equivalent environment to a park, then you have been going to some pretty hard core parks

It is still in public though the law doesn't state you can't do it except if a concert is gong on at the same time
  • mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is still in public though the law doesn't state you can't do it except if a concert is gong on at the same time

The minimum age for a Slane ticket is 16 , it used to be 18
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I think it's entirely up to her what she does with her own body and if she was happy with it and it was all consensual then it's the people judging her who should wonder why they really do so. Enjoying sex and sexual acts is nothing really to do with self respect. The only thing she should think about is being careful not to get in trouble with the police for being in public but they're hardly the first people ever to do such a thing in view of others!

Nobody suggested it's not up to her what she does with her body, did they? Noshing off strangers in front of a large group of other strangers shows a lack of self respect IMO. Someone with self respect would not deliberately devalue themselves in the eyes others, which is what she did. Or maybe she was just shitfaced and is now suffering near fatal levels of embarrassment and regret.
    Forum Member

You are quite right, the law does not make that distinction, but she wasn't arrested and the issue people seem to have isn't with the legality of the thing.

But I bet she's not the first, or last to get busy at a concert. It's not that unusual or that shocking imo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A concert is a public place. The law is quite clear about public indecency, regardless of if it was an Eminem concert. Would it be acceptable still if it were say 2 16+ teens at a 1D concert that was filled with teens, tweens and adults?
    Forum Member
    You are quite right, the law does not make that distinction, but she wasn't arrested and the issue people seem to have isn't with the legality of the thing.

But I bet she's not the first, or last to get busy at a concert. It's not that unusual or that shocking imo

I still don't think it's right but the lads are just as bad
    Forum Member
    Justicar wrote: »
    Nobody suggested it's not up to her what she does with her body, did they? Noshing off strangers in front of a large group of other strangers shows a lack of self respect IMO. Someone with self respect would not deliberately devalue themselves in the eyes others, which is what she did. Or maybe she was just shitfaced and is now suffering near fatal levels of embarrassment and regret.

Actually someone with self respect wouldn't rely on the opinion of others to give them their self worth, so devaluing themselves in the eyes of others wouldn't be a factor.

Self respect seems to be being used as a code for behaving a socially acceptable way, when actually it doesn't mean anything of the sort.

As an aside is there any reason at this point to assume that all three men were previously unknown to her?
    Forum Member
    designer84 wrote: »
    A concert is a public place. The law is quite clear about public indecency, regardless of if it was an Eminem concert. Would it be acceptable still if it were say 2 16+ teens at a 1D concert that was filled with teens, tweens and adults?

I'll bet you good money that has happened (except actually I'm not sure that any teenage boys would go to a 1D concert.) Regardless this wasn't a concert filled with children was it (which seems to be your point), so it is a false equivalence. You might as well ask if it would be okay if it happened at a Wiggles show for the under 8's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justicar wrote: »

'Devalue'? Bloody hell, is that how you see women? Valued on how 'respectable' you think they are?

'Well a nice boy will never want to marry you now young lady!'

What a load of backwards nonsense. That is misogynistic language talking right there. Sorry I just don't place that much importance of what a person chooses to do with their body as long as there is mutual consent. It's only sex and the quicker people get over judging others for it the better.

I also presume you meant to say that these young men 'devalued' themselves too.
    Forum Member
    I'll bet you good money that has happened (except actually I'm not sure that any teenage boys would go to a 1D concert.) Regardless this wasn't a concert filled with children was it (which seems to be your point), so it is a false equivalence. You might as well ask if it would be okay if it happened at a Wiggles show for the under 8's.

You know of The Wiggles not ,man over here do My Brother loves them the problem is most of the toys ect are only out in Australia and I pay more for postage than the item itself
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    Well I can help with that, it'll be:

What a ****!

****!

What is the country coming too?

Is she foreign?

I blame the parents!

Young girls these days have no morals

And we will end up paying for the baby, will someone please think of the tax payers!

Ban the Internet!

Ban Music!

Ban festivals!

Back in my day this kind of thing would never have happened, we had better standards.

That's disgusting, going around seducing these men

She should be arrested

Stop her families benefits

Etc

Thanks, just what I thought.
    That saves me having to trawl the rag for OUTRAGED people wishing we'd go back to 1950s standards.
  • yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is nothing compares to what happens at gay prides.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Devalue'? Bloody hell, is that how you see women? Valued on how 'respectable' you think they are?

'Well a nice boy will never want to marry you now young lady!'

What a load of backwards nonsense. That is misogynistic language talking right there. Sorry I just don't place that much importance of what a person chooses to do with their body as long as there is mutual consent. It's only sex and the quicker people get over judging others for it the better.

I also presume you meant to say that these young men 'devalued' themselves too.

Hands up if you would marry a girl with her own hashtag and photos of her sucking off two different men in public all over the Internet

Me neither
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People have varied taste in music. I guarantee there would have been teen boys there.. Maybe even with their GFs.

How do you know kids weren't at the concert? I've been to Scissor Sisters concerts and there have been 11 year olds there, despite the language Ana Matronic comes out with. Not to mention the references made in the songs about sex and drugs.

It was a public place, the girl shouldn't have been so stupid. She is lucky she has not been punished (aside from public ridicule). Hopefully this incident will make her think about what is acceptable and maybe will garner a little more self respect... Or at least the intelligence to do it where she won't get caught and labelled a sl*t
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Guns and Roses at Wembley Stadium was like the last days of Pompeii.

I went to both, '91 and 92'.

I remember all the bare breasts and what seemed like a two human towers with a naked person at each summit.