The X Factor 20 Series 3 - Live Show 4

Comments

• NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a great performance James! The vocals were on point and i like the style we are going down. It was so great to see your powerful vocals come through! Well done!
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, James clearly impressed our judges this evening. Anyway, back to the Boys now! Our next acts has frequently just escaped the bottom two and received negative comments most weeks. Can he turn it around? His artist for the week was Demi Lovato and taking on her UK top ten hit 'Skyscraper'; it's CHASE GOEHRING
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQwCRMYLQGQ&feature=youtu.be
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Now for you it was a struggle, but I thought this cover fitted you perfectly, I dunno if it is enough to save you this week, hopefully it will!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Chase, after so many disappointments...you're back in the race. This was the performance and the style that I have been wanting from you since the first show. I can see you being totally safe after showing a vast improvement with that performance. Well done for this week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better comments for Chase this week! Next up; taking on Lady Gaga and 'Applause'; it's GIRLS UNITED
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVLsAK1Q0g8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicole
    I stand here waiting for you to bang the gong
    To crash the critic saying, "Is it right or is it wrong?"
    Candi
    If only fame had an I.V., baby could I bear
    Being away from you, I found the vein, put it in here

All
    I live for the applause, applause, applause
    I live for the applause-plause
    Live for the applause-plause
    Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me
    The applause, applause, applause
    Give me that thing that I love (I'll turn the lights on)
    Put your hands up, make 'em touch, touch (make it real loud)
    (A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E) Make it real loud
    (A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E) Put your hands up, make 'em touch, touch

Alex
    I've overheard your theory "nostalgia's for geeks"
    I guess sir, if you say so, some of us just like to read
    One second I'm a Koons, then suddenly the Koons is me
    Pop culture was in art, now art's in pop culture in me

All
    Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me

Nicole & Candi
    Touch, touch
    Touch, touch now
    Ooh-ooh-ooh-hoo
    Ooh-ooh-ooh-hoo
    Ooh-ooh-ooh-hoo
    Ooh-ooh

All
    Live for the way that you cheer and scream for me.
    (A-P-P-L-A-U-S-E) Put your hands up, make 'em touch (make it real loud)

All
    A-R-T-P-O-P
    Forum Member
    Sadly where Xyra picked up, you dropped down, I didn't like it tonight, it wasn't as good as I thought you were some other weeks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girls, finding a song for you was a major struggle due to the artists we picked at random, however I was able to find a way out with this good cover. Whist I agree that I could've chosen something better, you all worked very hard with the parts, especially in the chorus sections. I have made you a versatile act so far and I don't want that to stop tonight, so I hope the public will keep supporting you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, a mixed bag of comments for Girls United this evening. Moving on, we head back to the Girls. Taking on 'Good Time' by Owl City (and Carly Rae Jepsen); it's RYLIE BROWN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAgVxjPvgb8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chase
    Considering your previous performances, this is a step up for you. Your vocals were on point and the song choice was enough to show you off as a vocalist.

Girls United
    Sorry girls, i didn't like that. I know the theme was restrictive but this was just not my cup of tea tonight.
    Forum Member
    Gurl you rocked it, every week like Brick City you are consistent, well done Rylie!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylie girl, I think that was your best performance so far. This rendition of the song allowed you to sing it well and clean throughout without the need for a second vocalist. You also made it an upbeat and fun performance for me. A very good job tonight, Rylie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't my favourite performance from you but good nevertheless. Your vocals are really good and i was hoping for a slightly uptempo track which i liked. Good job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great comments for Rylie as the judges were certainly having a good time! Next up, we head back to the Over's. She found herself in the bottom two last week and will be hoping this doesn't happen again. Singing Adele's 'Turning Tables'; it's ANDREA MAGEE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY6oaIQhvf8
    Forum Member
    Honestly, I don't think that's your strongest performance, but it's definately not your weakest, but you for me always seem to fade into the background, I'm afraid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrea, I have to commend your mentor for changing your song at the last minute because your original song choice wasn't convincing me well. But however, this cover totally did. It was a lovely choice to go for and it suited you and your vocal style so well. It may not be as strong as before, but I look forward to your performances every show and I wanna see it continue after tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (Imagine the blonde girls voice the whole way through)

Andrea

I think an amazing performance tonight for you Andrea. Your style and unique tone of voice emanated through perfectly and your vocals were superb. I really hope the public and judges put you through! Well done!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing comments for Andrea but sprinkled with a little praise. OK, now we head back to Mitchell and the Boys. This lucky guy picked 'One Direction' in the Lucky Dip draw. Singing 'Rock Me'; it's SAM CALLAHAN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyIN9x8bAE&feature=youtu.be
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, I'm so sorry. I went out this evening, and there's been an accident on the main road so getting home was hell. Looked like quite a nasty accident too, not good :(

I've been looking forward to this show for awhile now, so I'm really disappointed to have missed out on the start. Anyway, I'm here now and ready to catch up :D We've already had some great performances, and some not so great performances. Here are my comments:

Nicholas McDonald
    Nicholas, well done for opening the show tonight, that was an alright performance. You’ve been one of the front-runners so far, and so to call one of your performances just ‘alright’ is really quite disappointing. I love this song, but for me, it just didn’t suit your voice at all. It didn’t really go anywhere… I just wanted more :(

Xyra
    Girls, well done! That was a surprising song choice; I would never have matched you up to Grabrielle Aplin… but it really worked. I loved the emotion of your performance tonight, and how it progressively got a little bit more upbeat. This was a great song choice on Steve’s behalf :D
    Ellona Santiago
    Damn Damn Damn…. What a performance! Ellona you took your time to get into the song, but come the first chorus you were on fire. Your vocals tonight were completely on point. Those notes towards the end of the performance were insane, so powerful and so impressive. I’ll be wishing that you’ll be here for the next show ;) Did you see what I did there? :o
    James Kenney
    Wow James. That was by far your best performance of the series, you should be very happy. I feel as though you completely opened up tonight and put all your emotion into that. You haven’t done that before, and I think that’s why this performance was so special. Your vocals were great, but I think it’s the sheer emotion that has put you on an entirely different level tonight. Well done to you and your mentor.

Chase Goehring
    I’m not sure if I liked that or not, I’m in two minds. I LOVE the song Skyscraper. It’s one of the only current pop songs that conveys such a strong message. Normally, I like this type of performance, it’s right up my street in terms of musical taste. I just sort of feel that the power of the song has been taken away… I think these lyrics need supporting with impressive strong and powerful vocals. But look Chase; you did a good job… I think it’s just my personal opinion more on the song itself, and not you. Your vocals were decent, and this is a huge improvement from last week.

Girls United
    Ahh girls, I think you’re probably my favourite group of this competition :D I look forward to your performance each week, and tonight you completely delivered. I loved that version of the song, it was executed so well. I thought the arrangement was well thought out, and the vocals were tight. You definitely deserve an applause for that ;) Well done girls and Steve.
    Ah, good timing... Riley's up :D

Rylie Brown
    Riley Riley, I loved that performance! It was fun, catchy and just fantastic. You had me wanting to dance; yet at the same time your vocals remained consistently faultless. I loved the edginess of this performance, I found it quite different to what we’ve done before, which is good. I think you’ve shown real scope Riley to go far in this competition, I just hope my fellow judges and the public agree :D
    Andrea Magee
    Where the hell did that come from?! Andrea, I’ve gotta be honest and say that for me, you’ve been stuck in the background of this competition. You’ve never been awful, but nor have you really ever proved yourself as a contender. Tonight is your time Andrea… you’ve finally arrived in this competition. You’re officially in the game, and with performances like that; you’re going to go very very far. Wow.

Sam Callahan

Sam, I really didn’t enjoy that. I found that performance actually quite boring, very bland for me. Your vocals did occasionally sound rather promising, but then they dipped again. I needed that performance to go somewhere, but you just sort of remained complacent. Sorry Sam. I know you’re capable of much more so I hope you’re here for the next show.
    Sorry for the long post... I hope everyone can manage to read through my comments haha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Sam, everyone knows that I have a huge dislike for 1D songs, but I'm not gonna let that could my comments for this performance. The song was a good choice for you and whilst I believe that you have been a middle of the road act, you have managed to convince me that you should be here for the long run. A lot better than your previous performances as well so well done.
    Forum Member
    Sam, Sam, Sam? Wow, wow, wow!

Now this theme was hard for you. I almost gave Cher to you, but I couldn't have Giles singing 1D again, but I thought you smashed it tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, a real mix of comments for Sam tonight. However, we head back to the Groups now. Taking on Lawson and 'Taking Over Me'; it's KINGSLAND ROAD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQO2OkpX9k
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Note: I'm aware they're singing another Lawson song but it couldn't be helped because of Lucky Dip.
    Matt
    My heart is racing
    She puts her hands in mine
    I feel them shaking
    I look into her eyes
    And I tell her that it's gonna be alright
    And I'm never ever gonna make you cry

Thompson
    I'll fix your broken heart
    I'll make it beat again
    I'll never let you down
    On me you can depend
    And I'll tell her that we'll always be this way
    Every day that she's the one that makes me wanna say

All
    Whoo-uuh-uuh you're taking over me
    Whoo-uuh-uuh I'm in ecstasy
    Whoo-uuh-uuh I just can't believe the love, love, love is taking over me
    Love, love, love is taking over me

Connor
    If I close my eyes
    I can see your smile
    I can hear the laugh I love and I can't get enough
    I can pull you close in a moment just like this
    I can stop the world with only just your kiss

All
    Whoo-uuh-uuh you're taking over me
    Whoo-uuh-uuh I just can't believe the love, love, love is taking over me
    Love, love, love is taking over me
    (Taking over me, taking over me)

Jay
    Touch my skin with your body
    Love is taking over me

All
    Whoo-uuh-uuh it's taking over me
    Whoo-uuh-uuh I just can't believe the (love), love, (love), love is taking over me
    Whoo-uuh-uuh it's taking over me
    Whoo-uuh-uuh I just can't believe
    The (love), love (love), love it's taking over me
    (Love), love, (love) love, (love) it's taking over me

Josh
    Touch my skin with your body (Whoo-uuh-uuh)
    Love is taking over me (Whoo-uuh-uuh)
    Touch my skin with your body (Whoo-uuh-uuh)
    Love is taking over me (Whoo-uuh-uuh)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was an ok performance tonight. The vocals weren't great and i think you may be plateuing in quality of performances lately, you have been on the same level and i am hoping that you give a exceptional performance, but you haven't as of yet.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah guys I felt for you when you were given Lawson to sing this week. The last thing you want is to become a Lawson tribute group :D But don’t worry, that won’t be happening. Steve picked another amazingly well-suited song for you this week, and you completely smashed it. The arrangement worked, the vocals worked and I really felt as though this suited you perfectly. Well done guys, and I’ll see you next week… not performing Lawson ;)