Coronation Street script game (Part 3)

Comments

• madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Air-fix, Dad bought it for me' Simon grinned. 'Certainly likes to spoil you three doesn't he' Carla said as she pulled Harry close to her. 'Dad can you help me' Simon said again. 'Yeah sure Si, come sit down here and we can have a look at the instructions. 'God, they've got a lot more modern' Barry chuckled as Simon opened the box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "It's lovely to see kids doing things like that. All it seems to be nowadays is computer games and TV." Helen said as she nibbled on a sandwich.
    "Oh he likes those too but Si likes old-school games too." Peter said as he lay out the instructions and Simon began matching parts to their pictures. "Oh well in that case maybe later on we can have a look at what board games we have." Barry said as Simon nodded. Carla smiled sensing that Simon had unleashed a new lease of life into Helen and Barry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Oh you are a hungry boy' Carla said as Harry refused to end his feed. 'He's going to be a big boy you know' Peter smiled. 'I know, if he carries on the way he is now I wont know what to do' Carla laughed although she was relived after being born so prematurely Harry seemed to be picking up, especially having been so ill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh it'll do him no harm having a big feed. No doubt he'll be building up his antibodies after the operation. Besides they're still little ones really. Baby Liam was much bigger when he was their age. Right little chubby thing he was." Helen said smiling as she gazed at a photo of her young grandson. She missed having him here. She still partly wished Maria had stayed in Ireland with him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Oh, Helen Liam is a little stunner' Carla smiled, as despite her differences with Maria, she was fond of the little boy. 'Aye he is' Helen smiled sitting beside Carla. 'Oh, do you want me to?' Helen offered as Carla prepared to burp Harry. 'Thanks Helen' Carla smiled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh it's my pleasure. Never leaves you, how to burp a bairn." Helen said as she took Harry from Carla smiling at the tiny boy. "You coming to your Grandma Helen sweetie. You enjoy your dinner." She cooed as she held him against her shoulder rubbing his back in circles. Carla yawned a little as she gazed at Esme. "She's fast asleep Peter." She said.
    "Maybe she's just not hungry right now."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Yeah, maybe' Carla said. 'I'd let her have a sleep, you look like you could use one too' Peter said. 'No, I'm fine, if I sleep now I wont tonight' Carla said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Here love you pop on the TV whatever you fancy watching." Barry said as he went to go join Peter and Simon in constructing the model aircraft. Carla smiled watching them. "I'll have to remember this for future moments. How to make men quiet." She said as Helen smiled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Ah, I find food and football usually work' Helen said as she offered Carla a sandwich. 'No ta Helen' Carla smiled rubbing her stomach without knowing. Helen frowned a little. 'Are you sure, it's Irelands finest ham' she smiled. 'Honestly, I'll be alright for now, you know what I might go and give Michelle a quick call, check everything is in order' Carla said keen to avoid any speculation on her eating habits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Well you make sure you get yourself something." Helen said as she watched Carla et up from the couch. She looked at her thin frame and knew she hadn't been eating properly. The last thing she wanted was to get into a row with the woman but she couldn't sit by and not allow her to eat anything. Especially when she was breastfeeding two tiny babies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'I will' Carla smiled but didn't really take it in. Helen looked at Peter, she knew he was beginning to get worried. 'See' he mouthed at Helen. Helen nodded. 'Don't worry Peter' she smiled. 'About what?' Simon said.

Carla went upstairs. She reached for her a phone and smiled seeing a text from Michelle saying she missed her. 'Hey Chelle, it's me, how are you?' Carla said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh it's lovely.....your Mam's really gone to all efforts to make sure we're comfy.......Yeah Simon loves it already and the twins well they're too little to really get it but they like been fussed over.........Everything okay there...........Yeah will you just check the mail for us and water the plants." Carla said as she listened to Michelle chatter away.

"Here Si you show Barry where to pop this. I just need a quick word with Grandma Helen." Peter said as he knew he needed to speak to Helen about Carla's worrying eating habits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'I see what you mean' Peter said as he walked up to Helen. 'It could be nothing... but as I said, I've seen her do similar things before' Helen said. 'Hmm, yeah, I should have realized sooner, thing is, I really don't want to bring it up' Peter said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Well you're going to have to love. You don't want her getting poorly do you?" Helen said as she sighed. "You know I think Carla and food well she sees it as a means of been able to control things. Whatever else is out of her control well that's one thing she can."
    "But I don't get it. I thought we were fine. I mean she's been smiling and okay we have the odd argument but that's no reason to start starving herself."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'all the more reason for you to talk to her, I know she's not an easy one to talk to at times but at least then you can sort it out ' Helen suggested. 'Your probably right HElen, though I mint leave it till I get back as I really don't want to spoil the holiday of she reacts badly' Peter said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Well just make sure you do talk to her. she has a tendency to let things just bubble under the surface. She's not used to people listening to her worries." Helen said as she remembered how she had tried so many times when Paul first started dating Carla to get her to open up. Sadly to no avail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'I will do' Peter smiled. 'You can always come and talk to me about it Peter, or even Michelle' Helen said. 'Yeah, Carla's so.. I don't know, she's perfect, but she can be so hard to read' Peter said. 'Yeah, well just you be gentle with her' Helen said as she could remember several times when questioning Carla had led to full blown rows and she didn't want that for Peter and Carla.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I will be. I love her so much. I know that must be hard for you to stomach after everything but I do." Peter said as Helen smiled softly.
    "I'm glad you make her happy. She deserves that. I might not have always got along with her but I know she's gone through some difficult times. Besides now I can see the woman my sons fell in love with, and she's given me the chance to be involved in Simon and the twins lives. I know I can never get Liam and Paul back but having that helps." Helen said as Peter nodded and smiled at the woman opposite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carla came downstairs, she noticed Peter and Helen and smiled. She was glad they got along so well. 'Hey' Peter said putting his arm round her. 'Just spoke to Michelle, seems she is running the factory just fine without my help' Carla said in a matter of fact way. 'Ah, she's got the Connor genes, what can I say' Helen chuckled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "You look tired sweetie. You sure you'll be alright?" Peter asked as Carla smiled and nodded. "I'm fine, don't fuss. You left poor Barry with all three little rascals?" Carla said as Peter chuckled. "Shush you he's in his element." He said knowing that Barry found it a privilage to see Carla with little ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ''Well, I think we ought to go and help him, don't you' Carla smiled. Helen shrugged her a shoulders a little 'She'll be fine love' Helen said as she could see Peter was worried now. 'Oh hows my little darling' Carla said picking up Harry and holding him in the air. 'Oh your getting all big and fat' Carla chuckled pulling him against her chest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh he's a growing boy. You watch before you know it he'll be crawling about causing mayhem." Barry said as Carla smiled kissing the top of Harry's soft hair. She couldn't wait for when that happened. "Oh and Esme you having a cuddle off Grandad Barry?" Carla said as she smiled at her daughter happily snuggled against Barry her tiny hands clasped in little fists. "Oh bless her." Helen said as she smiled. She wandered what her boys would think seeing Carla been a mum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'I reckon they'd be so proud' Barry said. 'Liam would probably be taking the mick out of me, we talked about it you know, kids' Carla said. 'What, you and Liam.. as in' Helen asked. 'No, no' Carla laughed. 'Oh' Helen said looking relieved, she knew now Liam loved Carla but the idea of them having children was peculiar. 'No,w e just talked about me having kids.. I was adamant I wouldn't Carla smiled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "He used to tease me say I'd give them stupid names like Armarni and Chardonnay. But he reckoned that I'd do okay. Said I'd likely spoil them rotten though. Can't say he was wrong about that." Carla said as she bounced Harry lightly in her arms. "I'm glad I have these two. I mean I know it won't always be the easiest job in the world but seeing their eyes light up or the happy smiles it's so worth it." Carla said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter grinned. 'See, I've turned her into a right house wife' he laughed. 'Oi, you say that now Peter, your the one who will be cleaning the house when we get back' Carla quipped. 'Yeah yeah' Peter laughed kissing her forehead. 'Your mummies a right one isn't she' Peter chuckled stroking Harry's head.
This discussion has been closed.