Options

All will be fine... ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
Forum Member
I think we can all be sure that somehow the Doctor will escape the Pandorica (otherwise future episodes will be very boring and sameish - no Doctor, no Universe, no Anything), but what about everything else (Tardis, Amy and River)?

Well I have an idea based on ToA and FaS so if you don't want to know (and since everyone frowns on poor use of spoiler tags) don't read any further.

In FaS Riversong comments that she will see the Doctor when the Pandorica opens, so FaS is set after the Pandorica Opens from Riversong's perspective yet she does not seem to have been surprised to see either Amy or the Tardis at athe start of FaS suggesting that they both survive the Pandorica storyline.

Could be due to wibbley wobbley timey wimey stuff though.

Comments

• Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevf wrote: »
    I think we can all be sure that somehow the Doctor will escape the Pandorica (otherwise future episodes will be very boring and sameish - no Doctor, no Universe, no Anything), but what about everything else (Tardis, Amy and River)?

Well I have an idea based on ToA and FaS so if you don't want to know (and since everyone frowns on poor use of spoiler tags) don't read any further.

In FaS Riversong comments that she will see the Doctor when the Pandorica opens, so FaS is set after the Pandorica Opens from Riversong's perspective yet she does not seem to have been surprised to see either Amy or the Tardis at athe start of FaS suggesting that they both survive the Pandorica storyline.

LOL yes, that might make for a boring series!

As for the rest, time can be rewritten.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    My theory, for what it's worth..... THERE ARE REFERENCES TO SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH :)

I think The Big Bang will be set mainly in a museum. It would explain a lot of the leaked pics such as the stone dalek and the pandorica in a museum. Maybe in many years to come when Amy is seven years of age (1996 AD), she has to open the Pandorica somehow for the Doctor and release him from the prison. At this point, he is able to tell her something very important, which harks back to Flesh and Stone when he says 'remember what I told you when you were seven'. Now able to remember it in her future, events change around Amy somehow thus enabling her and Rory to survive and meaning that the Doctor was never in the Pandorica at all.

I posted this somewhere else too, so sorry for anyone that read it twice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    My theory, for what it's worth..... THERE ARE REFERENCES TO SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH

I think The Big Bang will be set mainly in a museum. It would explain a lot of the leaked pics such as the stone dalek and the pandorica in a museum. Maybe in many years to come when Amy is seven years of age (1996 AD), she has to open the Pandorica somehow for the Doctor and release him from the prison. At this point, he is able to tell her something very important, which harks back to Flesh and Stone when he says 'remember what I told you when you were seven'. Now able to remember it in her future, events change around Amy somehow thus enabling her and Rory to survive and meaning that the Doctor was never in the Pandorica at all.

That would make sense :) and would be pretty cool.

I read somewhere that people think that river song is dona nobal. That way because she had some part of the doctor in her she would know the doctors name. Someone else suggested that river was the doctor in regenerated form?

I don't think either of them are true but ...
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My theory, for what it's worth..... THERE ARE REFERENCES TO SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH :)

sounds like the most possible out come :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I agree, Donna = River is pointless. Watching Silence in the Library answers the question.

And River=Doctor would mean that the Doctor would cross himself at the end of his time, reliving again events of his past. Even in Doctor Who, that is science-fiction.
    That would make sense :) and would be pretty cool.

I read somewhere that people think that river song is dona nobal. That way because she had some part of the doctor in her she would know the doctors name. Someone else suggested that river was the doctor in regenerated form?

I don't think either of them are true but ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    trevf wrote: »

The Doctor, Amy and the TARDIS haven't been to the Pandorica yet in their personal timelines, so they wouldn't have blown up/been shot yet.

So they'd still exist? :confused:
  • Options
    hopscotch23hopscotch23 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    If the Weeping Angels episodes were set after the Pandorica in River's personal time line then everything must turn out ok for River to still be there with memories of the Pandorica? Unless it is wibbly wobbly timey wimey history can be rewritten again:rolleyes:
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    If the Weeping Angels episodes were set after the Pandorica in River's personal time line then everything must turn out ok for River to still be there with memories of the Pandorica? Unless it is wibbly wobbly timey wimey history can be rewritten again:rolleyes:

Indeed it can. Time is in flux as it is at the best of times, but now all of time can be rewritten. This is Timey-Wimey on a new level! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the whole point of future Rory and Amy waving at the start of the Silurian episodes, and only Amy waving at the end, was to show that time *can* be rewritten. So even though we've seen a future version of River Song, it doesn't mean she'll definitely survive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I agree, Donna = River is pointless. Watching Silence in the Library answers the question.

And River=Doctor would mean that the Doctor would cross himself at the end of his time, reliving again events of his past. Even in Doctor Who, that is science-fiction.

I agree didn't believe that one bit. Just thought that I would post it up here to see what others think :)