Options

PC shipments drop to a five year low

123457»

Comments

• Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Yep. Which is what I use. I hate the touchpad on laptops. It takes an age to get the cursor to move a great distance on the screen using the touchpad. I much prefer using a USB mouse than using the dreaded touchpad.

Hi, it’s quite interesting to see the comments on the laptop ‘mouse or touchpad’ conundrum.

It’s a recurrent topic on may IT forums. I’m personally quite comfortable with either option but my choice of mouse or touchpad depends on the application I’m using at the time.

I find the mouse is much better when using, for example, design packages where images/graphics or whatever need to be precisely moved/positioned/manipulated on the screen.

However, for the most part I much prefer the touch-pad. It’s faster and more comfortable than a mouse. i.e. your fingers are always in the vicinity of the keyboard. Plus, dependent on physical location, a mouse is not always a practical option.

My wifes PC usage is probably 95% laptop, 5% Desktop, and she actually hates using a mouse ; probably as much as you hate using a touch-pad. (Touch screens.......let’s not go there! :eek:)

I guess, at the end of the day, it all depends on what you are happy and comfortable with; and that’s just as it should be.:)
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quackers wrote: »
    The Macbook keyboards are great, nice soft touch to them.

That is the problem, soft touch.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    Hi, it’s quite interesting to see the comments on the laptop ‘mouse or touchpad’ conundrum.

It’s a recurrent topic on may IT forums. I’m personally quite comfortable with either option but my choice of mouse or touchpad depends on the application I’m using at the time.

I find the mouse is much better when using, for example, design packages where images/graphics or whatever need to be precisely moved/positioned/manipulated on the screen.

However, for the most part I much prefer the touch-pad. It’s faster and more comfortable than a mouse. i.e. your fingers are always in the vicinity of the keyboard. Plus, dependent on physical location, a mouse is not always a practical option.

My wifes PC usage is probably 95% laptop, 5% Desktop, and she actually hates using a mouse ; probably as much as you hate using a touch-pad. (Touch screens.......let’s not go there! :eek:)

I guess, at the end of the day, it all depends on what you are happy and comfortable with; and that’s just as it should be.:)

i can use the touchpad ok on my laptop, I find I can zoom around pretty quick to be honest. i was going to get a keyboard for the desktop with one in, changed my mind on that now.