Options

Doctor Who, Episode 12: The Stolen Earth. 28 June 2008, 7.10pm BBC1

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Well from the trailers seen so far it seems obvious to me (although I will probably be proved wrong :)) that at some stage in the next 2 episodes the infamous 'reset button' is going to have to be used.

Think about it - we see the Daleks attacking earth 'War of the Worlds' style - the earth and other planets stolen and taken somewhere - and maybe a companion dying - so even when the Daleks get defeated you will need a reset to put everthing right. I cant see a way to avoid this.

So all those 'reset button' complainers - might as well get your reviews written early. :D

I read (on a Swansea City message board of all places!) that the Doctor would break his golden rule about not changing the past to save someone (Donna?).

Most of what was said in that link has come true, though not all, so Who knows?
  • Options
    JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So episode 13 is 65 mins :D starting at 6.40 :cool:

Altogether a 115 minute finale :D
  • Options
    pablopicassopablopicasso Posts: 32,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    24 minutes will be the end credits. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, he fought in the time war and everyone died. He found hope with Rose and she was taken from him, Martha left him and we dont REALLY know whats happening to Donna

Surely though if he keeps messing up his companions lives, he'd give up? I mean, i never want him to, but he really should feel worse sometimes...

guess we can only see
  • Options
    tombalandtombaland Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teletext preview today, nothing new that we dont already know (goes without saying!). just mentions the supreme red dalek and the 'all seeing, whimsical, squid like' dalek khan (sic).

also a bit of dialogue from Davros...
    'i have my children, Doctor, what do you have? Love?' taunts Davros'
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombaland wrote: »
    teletext preview today, nothing new that we dont already know (goes without saying!). just mentions the supreme red dalek and the 'all seeing, whimsical, squid like' dalek khan (sic).

Ha ha, does Davros not realise that
    love conquers all.
    ....:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Ha ha, does Davros not realise that
    love conquers all.
    ....:D:D

he's a fool right???

also a 'whimsical' dalek? interesting....
  • Options
    FATCHOPSFATCHOPS Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he's a fool right???

Tom you're wrong again !!!
    Love Changes Everything

Everybody knows hat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FATCHOPS wrote: »
    Tom you're wrong again !!!
    Love Changes Everything

Everybody knows hat.

sits behind desk in a menacing fashion and strokes his pussy (oh hello)

ahah mr fatchops, we meet again.....etc etc

now i have sarah brightman in my head..thanks for that!

and i meant davros is a fool, he obviously doesnt believe in a thing called love. funny that cuz i thought he was the darkness....

im so so sorry.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    24 minutes will be the end credits. ;)

Lol bring on tomorrow. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    I just watched the trailer again and towards the end when the woman shouts, doctor come back or something like that if you pause it it shows the doctor running with like a grin on his face and then he turns to the camera and looks shocked could this be
    When he sees rose runs towards her and then gets shot - i knew RTD wouldnt let them have a proper reunion:mad::p
  • Options
    CarlyWicksFanCarlyWicksFan Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get why he's running he'd look at the camera and smile, if Rose is infront of him :|
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's a fool right???

17 ish hours to go, and I am excited!
    Khan apparently has gone a bit whimsical trying to change the time war
  • Options
    JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god its Saturday!! :D:D

Its gonna be a long day waiting for this!!! :D
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to be spending the afternoon watching WALL E at the edinburgh film fest, I fear even during that I'm going to start thinking about daleks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    ASH_23 wrote: »
    I just watched the trailer again and towards the end when the woman shouts, doctor come back or something like that if you pause it it shows the doctor running with like a grin on his face and then he turns to the camera and looks shocked could this be
    When he sees rose runs towards her and then gets shot - i knew RTD wouldnt let them have a proper reunion:mad::p

What if its Rose that shoots him? Dumb idea to be sure, but every time I see those pictures, it always crosses my poor twisted mind. Blah!:p

Probably a Dalek as rumored...
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    I'm at a wedding today so spare a thought for me, Im gonna have to wait til about 2am before I get to see it!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

could he be referring to Rose?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    I'm at a wedding today so spare a thought for me, Im gonna have to wait til about 2am before I get to see it!!!!

Get them to reschedule the wedding, or be ill :D.

Come 7 o'clock the phones will be off in my house and the curtains drawn lol. Just think though, after tonight's episode, we'll have to wait ANOTHER week and after that we'll have to wait 6 MONTHS! lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get them to reschedule the wedding, or be ill :D.

Come 7 o'clock the phones will be off in my house and the curtains drawn lol. Just think though, after tonight's episode, we'll have to wait ANOTHER week and after that we'll have to wait 6 MONTHS! lol.

are you primed and ready to start the next thread for Journey's End as soon as the titles roll for this one? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    are you primed and ready to start the next thread for Journey's End as soon as the titles roll for this one? ;)

Lol, if it's a good one, yes :D. If it's crap, then no. Plus this one was started over an hour, maybe 2 after episode 11 aired, not during the titles. I don't watch from the PC, I don't enjoy it when I do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, if it's a good one, yes :D. If it's crap, then no.

my suggestion for what it's worth is to start a speculation thread for Journey's End instead so by the time we reach next Saturday there won't be zillions of pages to scroll through to get to the actual discussion if one is started for the actual episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my suggestion for what it's worth is to start a speculation thread for Journey's End instead so by the time we reach next Saturday there won't be zillions of pages to scroll through to get to the actual discussion if one is started for the actual episode.

You can't please everyone on this forum.

If you start the episode thread before Saturday, you get people moaning about it being too early.

If you start the episode thread on the Saturday, you have multiple threads discussing different parts of the trailer which then get slagged off for already being discussed or cluttering the board.

and

If you start two threads, the speculation one and the episode one, you get people saying there doesn't need to be two threads.

It makes more sense imo to just have the episode thread early, because an episode thread is for discussion of an episode, and speculation is discussion of an episode.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. This week wasn't too much trouble, the thread is only 4 pages long, despite being about a finale episode and started a week before. The maximum it'll be before the show is 6 pages.

If discussing when the episode is on, you just click forward to the most recent page, during the episode, and if discussing when the episode has finished just click forward to the most recent page after the episode has finished, simple enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't please everyone on this forum.

If you start the episode thread before Saturday, you get people moaning about it being too early.

If you start the episode thread on the Saturday, you have multiple threads discussing different parts of the trailer which then get slagged off for already being discussed or cluttering the board.

and

If you start two threads, the speculation one and the episode one, you get people saying there doesn't need to be two threads.

It makes more sense imo to just have the episode thread early, because an episode thread is for discussion of an episode, and speculation is discussion of an episode.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

if you or someone else puts speculation in the thread title then people can differentiate between that and the actual episode one which can be started on the day of transmission.

as I said it was just a suggestion. no offence was meant or intended Sid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    if you or someone else puts speculation in the thread title then people can differentiate between that and the actual episode one which can be started on the day of transmission.

as I said it was just a suggestion. no offence was meant or intended Sid.

None taken, I'd rather you post a suggestion and be constructive than post an insult and be destructive.