Top 10 highest paid celebs in the world

xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
Forum Member
Here’s the full Forbes list of the top ten highest paid celebrities in the world:
1. Floyd Mayweather, Athlete- $300M
2. Manny Pacquiao, Athlete - $160M
3. Katy Perry, Musician- $135M ($303m over the past five years, reportedly)

4. One Direction, Musicians- $130M
5. Howard Stern, Comedian- $95M
6. Garth Brooks, Musician- $90M
7. James Patterson, Author- $89M
8. Robert Downey Jr., Actor-$80M
9.Taylor Swift, Musician- $80M
10. Cristiano Ronaldo, Athlete- $79.5M

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell! Imagine making $300m (£192.5m) in a year. That's about £3m a week! If that was in a year.
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    How does Howard Stern earn so much money? I know he has a radio show, but what else does he do? I've never heard of Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao.
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised by some on that list. 2 I've not heard of, Katy Perry was slightly surprising.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SpaceCake wrote: »
    How does Howard Stern earn so much money? I know he has a radio show, but what else does he do? I've never heard of Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao.

If you were alive in May of this year, it was pretty hard to avoid them.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and yet there are still poor people dying...
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They need to take up boxing.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're boxers. Extremely rich boxers, at that!
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »

Basically they earnt most of that money for the one fight against each other, not bad work if you can get it.

It wasn't even a good fight IMHO.
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    FMKK wrote: »
    If you were alive in May of this year, it was pretty hard to avoid them.
    Miss XYZ wrote: »

I'm not a fan of boxing, so that explains why I've never heard of them.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayweather is a douche >:(

I hate seeing violent thugs prosper
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that Katy Perry is ahead of Taylor Swift.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think once people have past the stage of complete and utter financial security for the rest of their lives, it'll then become an "addiction" to adding chunks of £20/£50 notes to their Bank account. I have nothing against people becoming more and more successful though. It's a shame a LOT more out there can't be very successful as well. It could be a case of only certain people being able to come up with a winning idea.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Right, but don't these people earn so much money because they generate so much money? Katy Perry would not be earning 135m if she couldn't sell records to people. Floyd Mayweather wouldn't be earning 300m if people didn't care about boxing.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    I'm surprised that Katy Perry is ahead of Taylor Swift.

Yes, haven't read the article, I'm guessing Perry was touring in the time they were judging and Swift wasn't. Next year I guess it will all switch around.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell should be there:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101014482

Surely he'll leave something to his son :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Simon Cowell should be there:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101014482

Surely he'll leave something to his son :confused:

If true, that's a bit nasty. If you're in the super rich category, why not leave your wealth to your child, or, if you want to leave a significant amount to charity, why not leave half to charity and half to your child?
  • Chief_WiggumChief_Wiggum Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    What about Judge Judy? She's meant to make a fortune every year.
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does Howard Stern earn so much money? I know he has a radio show, but what else does he do?
    His 'America Got Talent' gig earned him a $15 mil payday
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if it wasn't for that boxing match Katy Perry would be No1. Wow! Must be from all the touring as she hasn't released any music in months. One Direction aren't too far behind her which would place them at 2. Those 1D boys are very rich indeed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Taylor Swift ever stops touring, but it could be that she didn't release her album until late last year while Katy Perry's album was released earlier and was still growing very strong throughout the year. So album sales could have made a difference. Swift finished her Red tour late last year or earlier this year and just started her 1989 tour last month.

I think Taylor should make more or equal to Perry by next year's edition.

Howard Stern is on the panel of America's Got Talent, the BGT version.

I think another surprise is Garth Brooks. He just started touring after being MIA for so long.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    If true, that's a bit nasty. If you're in the super rich category, why not leave your wealth to your child, or, if you want to leave a significant amount to charity, why not leave half to charity and half to your child?

Lol, not giving your child millions because you want to help children and animals is nasty? I disagree. I doubt his son needs half of Simon's fortune to survive. Will he be incapable of working?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Lol, not giving your child millions because you want to help children and animals is nasty? I disagree. I doubt his son needs half of Simon's fortune to survive. Will he be incapable of working?

Well, okay, giving it all away without leaving your child enough for a very comfortable lifestyle is pretty nasty. Why build up a gigantic fortune if you don't intend to leave anything to your child after you die?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, okay, giving it all away without leaving your child enough for a very comfortable lifestyle is pretty nasty. Why build up a gigantic fortune if you don't intend to leave anything to your child after you die?

Couldn't disgaree more.

Think of all the 'rich kids' and members of the aristocracy who have inherited money and had absolutely no purpose, squandered it all on drugs and booze.

Why should anyone leave money to their children if they don't want to. It's important children learn to make their own way in life and not just have everything handed to them on a plate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, it's not. First of all, Eric is the son of one of tbe richest moguls in the world. If he wants, he could make money from Simon's name alone. Second of all, I highly doubt that Simon plans to never give him money. Be probably has a trust fund set up. As for "comfortable", and you talking millions or thousands? Why should anyone just be handed millions from their parents?

He probably has rich godparents anyway. He's never going to be poor is he?