Hannah Barrett

Comments

• MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that is the producers fault. They should not intrude into the contestants lifes like that.

I agree she does not edit the show.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she had a great voice, really soulful. She can always be made over and glammed up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you compare her to the girls that came as a duo and went through as solo artists, she is not even in the same league as them.
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dull, boring and her voice cant hit the big notes.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you have more music knowledge than the panel then?
  • ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe not the best singer but she got the feeling/emotion of the song across and that's better than someone with a better voice but no soul imo.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    I think we should all wait, I dont think one performance is enough to judge her and Ive heard she did very well later
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should all wait, I dont think one performance is enough to judge her and Ive heard she did very well later

Very good point.
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you have more music knowledge than the panel then?

could well be on past form lol. I knew (and posted) from week one of their year that One Direction would be huge....search it.

Also that matt cardle would do nothing.

I have the same prediction for James Arthur,

Hannah wont last long.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    god we have akinator on this thread and I didnt know..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    she's just too boring
  • rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uberman wrote: »
    Maybe not the best singer but she got the feeling/emotion of the song across and that's better than someone with a better voice but no soul imo.

I agree.

They'll play off the sob story though - how long do people reckon before her mum is in the papers talking about why she 'kicked her out'..?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see myself ever being a Hanna fan but there is no denying she has excellent technical ability. I think she will be a grower as the show goes on.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Don't see myself ever being a Hanna fan but there is no denying she has excellent technical ability. I think she will be a grower as the show goes on.

I was thinking the opposite tbh , that she could be a one trick pony singing the clichéd song of the moment
  • fredthespiderfredthespider Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Hannah. Not sure why people are berating her for her 'sob story'. They asked her about her life - she told them the truth. She wasn't going on about it in her VT - she was talking about eating too much because of her job at Greggs.

Very rough, raw voice. I liked it but it was obvious she had no training. She could be great with a lot of work.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,461
    Forum Member

Thank god she can't do the "big notes" - her voice is pure old school soul as Sharon put it. You would never hear
    Aretha or Nina doing big booming ballads a la Leona. It's subtle, deep and as the genre says - soulful.
    Not for everyone's taste of course but very much my thing.
    Looking forward to seeing Hannah again - just hope they don't try and turn her into a poppy princess (faint hope of course they will try)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Thank god she can't do the "big notes" - her voice is pure old school soul as Sharon put it. You would never hear
    Aretha or Nina doing big booming ballads a la Leona. It's subtle, deep and as the genre says - soulful.
    Looking forward to seeing Hannah again - just hope they don't try and turn her into a poppy princess (faint hope of course they will try)

Best post of the evening. So true.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Totally agree. The fact that she name-checked Teddy Pendergrass as an influence not only scored major 'genuine artist' points with me, but indicated the kind of R&B singer she actually wants to be. It's not the yelling, wailing version a la Leona/Mariah/Beyonce etc, but a throwback to those classic R&B/soul singers of the past. Her singing the Emeli Sande song wasn't an accident either - it allowed us to see a singer who takes her time interpreting lyrics and conveying emotions. It wasn't perfect, not by a long shot. Her voice is untrained, and she needs someone who can teach breathing technique and stamina. That's what this show should be able to give her if she progresses. I like her far more than the vast majority of people they gave passes to tonight.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems like a Adele/Emeli Sande type singer she was good though and the way she sang it .
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She got through because of her great voice. END OF YOU FOOL.

You won't last long with that sort of attitude. Just no need. :(
  • EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was nothing special. Her voice was so bland.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what we saw tonight, I thought she was slightly above average, but no better than that. Perhaps she's got more to give?
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,461
    Forum Member
    mysty211 wrote: »
    She seems like a Adele/Emeli Sande type singer she was good though and the way she sang it .

No just no.
    She sang an Emeli Sande song but no way are Emeli or Adele soul singers!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the betting the sob story will be debunked by one of the Sunday papers in coming weeks?
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wild rain wrote: »
    She got through on the sob story, her voice was very average. After hearing the story I wanted her to be good, but she wasn't.

I agree. After hearing her story and when she name checked Teddy as someone she grew up listening to, I said to my OH that she is going to be great. I have to say , I was pretty underwhelmed. Yes, she had emotion but I don't think her voice is anything special