The Unicycle

sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think last night proved to me that it just isn't as serious a dance competition as our British version. If any of the SCD professionals had pulled a stunt like that then they would have been carpeted and quite rightly so.

Comments

• kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, and thank goodness he was voted out. Couldn't stand him, very offensive, and I fell Julianne only let him get away with the stunt was because she knew - as well as everyone else - that he couldn't - and wouldn't - ever be able to dance. As for the unicycle itself - props are allowed in Strictly, so not sure whether it would have been banned. But certainly it would have been criticised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    I'm no fan of props and gimmicks at the best of times; I can just about live with starting on a chair or bench but the unicycle did feel like a step too far. I guess no one cared too much because they quite rightly predicted that Adam would be going soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with you about props, Karura. I get a bit peeved when I see the girls doing cape work in the paso - the cape is fine as the man's prop, never the girls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sunnymeg wrote: »
    I think last night proved to me that it just isn't as serious a dance competition as our British version. If any of the SCD professionals had pulled a stunt like that then they would have been carpeted and quite rightly so.

I totally agree with you... the use of props and so forth... but also has anybody else noticed the complete differece in the scoring in the US compared to the UK and the different parts the judges play....

There is no way in the world that if the same celbs and pros from DWTS were on SCD that they would be getting such high marks from the judges...
    To be honest, the dances arn't good enough to be getting 9's and 10's (well Kristy's is the one exception)

Its funny to see Len and the hard marking judge and Bruno slightly meaner... Craig must have rubed of on them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree the marking is different on dwts than Strictly, but what difference does that really make to the program? It's really the viewers who decide who goes out anyway.

I can't see how you can say the PROS wouldn't get such high marks if they were on Strictly. Karina, for example, is an ex world Pro Latin champion; Mark and Julianne were youth world champions; Derek, Cheryl, Louis have also been champion dancers. Matt Cutler was world chmp - as an amateur, never as a professional ; Ian and Brendon made finals of world class competitions, but generally the others are not in the same league as most of the US pros.
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I thought Matthew Cutler was World Masters Professional Latin Champion in 2000?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was, but that isn't the main world championships. Matthew is however the best male pro out of both competitions, as he was constantly in the top 6 in the world throughout his career, as was Nicole. (obviously) Darren and Lilia are normally in the top 15, and Karen was in the the top 3, and would've been higher if she hadn't retired. I think on the whole UK's pros are better, but they are both talented.