GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• Wayne321Wayne321 Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rockstar speaks...

Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames) tweeted at 3:59 PM on Tue, Oct 01, 2013:
    For those trying to get into GTA Online today, please bear w/ us on some day one tech connection issues that we’re working to stabilize asap.

You know the whole world is trying to play GTA Online when you go on to YouTube and click on Britney Spears new song "work bitch" and someone has wrote in the comments... GTA 5 WORK BITCH
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne321 wrote: »
    You know the whole world is trying to play GTA Online when you go on to YouTube and click on Britney Spears new song "work bitch" and someone has wrote in the comments... GTA 5 WORK BITCH

Stalk :D
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Landed in an session with what looked like a full game! Maybe things are improving?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    haven't even set up my character yet keeps freezing at that screen
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I set up my character (very strange and crappy process) and then it failed to connect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's it. I'm trading my copy in.

Not really.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I set up my character (very strange and crappy process) and then it failed to connect.

I have to admit, as soon as i saw the very weird character set up, thought uh oh, this is going to be underwhelming. :(
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant even load the update
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    I have to admit, as soon as i saw the very weird character set up, thought uh oh, this is going to be underwhelming. :(

At first I thought this was crap, but then I got used to it (4th time trying). I was pressing left and right while looking at the heads. Never realising that the menu was underneath. When I figured that out it was a lot easier.

Also if you keep hitting random you can get John Marston (Red Dead) as your dad.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please someone tell me the clan name I wanna join yas!!!
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first I thought this was crap, but then I got used to it (4th time trying). I was pressing left and right while looking at the heads. Never realising that the menu was underneath. When I figured that out it was a lot easier.

Also if you keep hitting random you can get John Marston (Red Dead) as your dad.

I'll have Jimmy Saville as my dad for all I care, I just want online to work. :D
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The DS crew.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The matchmaking just timed out when i tried to start a solo session, what the ****, how some of these problems even exist is beyond me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    The DS crew.

Thank You
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    So, is there free roam? :p I don't care about races or holding up stores, I just want free rooooam! :D
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Just stop being a prat! You're acting like it's so rare, cool and unbelievable that an FM could work for or even be associated with Rockstar when in reality, it's perfectly plausible.

Michael Jackson stayed at my friends house for two whole weeks in the 90s. Sure, you may think its crap, but it's 100% true and significantly more rare, cool and unbelievable than what Ash has been doing.

A bit of perspective, dude.

But Ash doesn't he is an admin on a fan site he gets the same fan site publicity kit as every other fan site. No secret information no private chats with lazlow
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    So, is there free roam? :p I don't care about races or holding up stores, I just want free rooooam! :D

It is basically free roam with deathmatches and races available as icons throughout the map. :)
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

SC link is: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/the_ds_crew
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why bother releasing a game if you can't even get everything right in time ? i would rather it was delayed for a week or 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised there isn't a GIF yet

Using the game footage of michael getting angry and throwing the controller, but with a GTA online error message on the screen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »

Ah cheers that worked better than the search option. Joined now.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else found the character creation screen absolutely horrible to use? Laggy.. PS3 HD constantly being read from every second.. which is making a horrible noise. Just feels so shoddy.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to join more than one crew?
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The intro loads fine but when it gets to the point where you choose a car/betting etc., it just won't load the next part.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Yeah, did the character select - got picked up from the airport and then that's all she wrote.

Had to switch off after the game did nothing for 15 minutes.