Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Anyone seen the photos of the girls entering the studios for celeb juice? They were all covered up not showing there faces or eyes or anything was really weird. Maybe they were tired?

Pictures here...http://littlemix-news.tumblr.com/

From what I can see they didn't seem to put any makeup on, maybe that's why.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »

Maybe ...

Edit: CV, I'm surprised you didn't tell me I told you so, when I said that I take everything back that they do not need US producers.

I remember being one of the vocal posters saying they did.

Now I don't think they need them .............Well maybe work with at least one :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is doing so much better than I expected. I have good vibes about the album.

Btw, if Demi's tour is gonna be a big deal between her on 5H then LM/Cher should just so they're own tour. IMO
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Maybe ...

Edit: CV, I'm surprised you didn't tell me I told you so, when I said that I take everything back that they do not need US producers.

I remember being one of the vocal posters saying they did.

Now I don't think they need them .............Well maybe work with at least one :p

Heh heh it did cross my mind, BUT...even if I dont see Jam & Lewis on the track listing, can I say that they didnt inspire or advise the girls and influence them somehow? I think they did, so in that regard, I would still work with Americans. I just dont see the point in going to the same people over and over because as others have said, that's why current music sounds the same. Its probably the same 5 producers over and over.

I mean just from the snippet Mr. Loverboy has a heavily influenced Janet/J&L sound. To my mind, at least.

Sometimes in the creative world its when you put together the seemingly disconnected and meld it into something new, that you go forward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"But instead of crashing out in week three, Jade, Jesy, Leigh-Anne and Perrie not only became the first group to win the talent show, but have since gone onto score two UK number one singles, reach No.4 in the US with their debut album, 'DNA,' and usurp The Saturdays as Britain's premier all-female act.

Striking while the iron's hot, their second studio effort in twelve months, 'Salute,' proves that the quartet have no intention of surrendering their crown any time soon. In fact, if anything, the girls have made it virtually impossible for any of their rivals to catch up.

Indeed, steeped in the kind of slick R&B that they first showcased with their cover of En Vogue's 'Don't Let Go,' its twelve tracks position Little Mix as the closest the UK has come to producing a world-class outfit worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as their obvious 90s US influences. "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guy Langley ‏@GuySpace 7h
    Excited for Live Lounge tomorrow. Tune in for a large portion of heavenly vocals with a party on the side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they touring with Demi? their music sounds so different from Demi, 5H and Cher Lloyd and out of place. Whereas this 3 artists sounds similar.

Own tour please in the USA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they touring with Demi? their music sounds so different from Demi, 5H and Cher Lloyd and out of place. Whereas this 3 artists sounds similar.

Own tour please in the USA

That's true, but I think there are some real positives. Primarily, the tour is going to 10k seat venues and none of those acts individually could sell that on their own. For another, this is a great way for LM to tour across the US without having to mount the logistics and financial expense of their own tour. And, I have a feeling some of the fans are under age and will be bringing their adult companions along, and this will be a great intro to LM's music to them...who are probably fronting the money. The new music will probably be attractive to the adults and who knows maybe it will turn them into fans.

There's also the possibility too, that LM will be scouted by industry people as they go along on the tour.

I think LM should go along to South America with the tour but I notice Demi hasnt announced anybody else yet on that leg.

The one thing I do worry about is that LM is the lead opener, so I hope they arent playing to noisy people filtering in and finding their seats, or to not full venues as latecomers straggle in closer to the main act.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the photos of the girls entering the studios for celeb juice? They were all covered up not showing there faces or eyes or anything was really weird. Maybe they were tired?

Pictures here...http://littlemix-news.tumblr.com/

These girls need a lesson in how to be fabulous. It does not mean skulking around like they're in the Witness Protection Program. It means wearing the outsize dark glasses, bundling up and wrapping the Lana Turner scarf over your hair and head, which remains up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revisiting Salute (song): I love the use of Taps** at the beginning between the air raid siren and the first vocal, and that outro with the "But remember/Men fight great/But Women are great at fighting" just sets the music apart from anything current in Pop.

And what a difference in their songwriting. I cant get over it.

**Famous American military bugle call
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhtr5J00ntA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix - Move Prediction Post (debut week)

ll_Calypso_ll
    #4 70k

JB92
    top 3 70k

siriusrose
    #3 65-70k

I'm now thinking that these are all too low. I think Move could make 75k-85k.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The one thing I do worry about is that LM is the lead opener, so I hope they arent playing to noisy people filtering in and finding their seats, or to not full venues as latecomers straggle in closer to the main act.
    Yeah I was annoyed when I saw that. LM's done better than 5H in the US so far, so you'd think they'd go second. Is Cher Lloyd going to be lead opener too? 5H just opened for her on her own tour!
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Demi tour will be good for Little Mix, they need to extend their fanbase and becoming a support act is a great way of doing that. They do sort of fall into the 'Demi' category, not as much as the other two, but they're still sort of their and they should take any promo they can get in the US atm. I would love to see them support Beyoncé or Kelly Rowland or someone a bit more like how they're progressing, but like I say, I'm not about to complain about any promo and thankfully Demi invited them as she could easily of just had the two support acts. Their music seems much more grown up this time round and edgier so hopefully they will try and embrace that fanbase in the US as well. Personally, as much as I love this group I wouldn't go to a concert by them at this stage as their main fanbase seems 10 years younger than me. They do definitely need to try and embrace the late teens and twenties a bit more too imo. I think festivals are a great way of doing that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Eminem - The Monster (feat. Rihanna) 1.0000
    2 Storm Queen - Look Right Through (MK Remix) 0.9062
    3 Little Mix - Move 0.8542

OMG they've dropped .003!!! They're plummeting!!!

By my reckoning, thats 30 copies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make that 29 finally brought a copy now after I had no money.

I've just seen that LM are in Capital's jingle bell ball for day 2 apparently. Yayyyy, two years in a row.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Eminem - The Monster (feat. Rihanna) 1.0000
    2 Storm Queen - Look Right Through (MK Remix) 0.9062
    3 Little Mix - Move 0.8542

OMG they've dropped .003!!! They're plummeting!!!

By my reckoning, thats 30 copies.

Watch out for the trolling nay-sayers jumping all over that ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make that 29 finally brought a copy now after I had no money.

3 Little Mix - Move 0.8567

Is that you, Chem?
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I think Kelly said something on x factor about there are no girl group or something going by America mixers getting annoyed at her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor US is kinda a mess right now ..... Lol.

Yes CV it is me :p........ love listening Move with the head phones as you can hear the base really well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    I think Kelly said something on x factor about there are no girl group or something going by America mixers getting annoyed at her

"They can sang S-A-N-G their little faces off"

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/918561/nnn-kelly-rowland-little-mix.jhtml
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    davem1234 wrote: »

Yeah she did then simon said 5h had a top ten in 25 countries with no mention of LM which is why he tweeted what he did
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This... 10 mins ago:-
    Simon Cowell ‏@SimonCowell 10m
    James album this week. It's reeeeealy good. And little mix with their stunning new single. Very proud of both artists.

At last ..;)

and earlier:-
    Simon Cowell ‏@SimonCowell 1h
    I also should of course mentioned little mix tonight as a girl group having huge success. It's that live tv curse again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »

Here they are leaving Celebrity Juice looking as good as ever.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2489658/Little-Mix-beam-leave-Celebrity-Juice-covered-faces-arrival.html
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls are performing at the Capital FM Jingle Bell Ball again next month! :)
This discussion has been closed.