Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes it does, it should be cut from their next tour imo, doesn't fit the image they're going for

They won't be able to cut Wings out for a while, it's their biggest hit and the fans who go to their concerts probably all love it. They could do what 1D did this year and move it to before the encore. They need to come out with a huge song from this album to end an arena show with, Move, DNA and Salute aren't right for that. They have hopefully written a new banger to open the show as well.

I'd like them to cut Wings from the mini-concerts and appearances they do but they'll need a couple of smash hits from this album to do that. Wings is a good singalong.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stereo Soldier is such a good singalong. *weeps bitter tears*
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    I went and got wrist bands today for the Merry hill Christmas light switch on the girls are going to be on at 6.30
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good. Will you give us a report? Photos of the crowd etc.?
  • ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched that "On Tour With Little Mix" from the DNA tour and became so jealous and a little annoyed that the Salute tour wasn't done with a live band. It just made me think how different and more "live" some of the songs from Salute era would've sounded with a band. However another thing I noticed is their vocals from that tour vs now and the difference is kind of incredible and they all genuinely seem to get along though and have fun which is cool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clutching at straws here but...would it be possible for the girls to perform a new album song at the Merry Hill event as a low key, no fault try out? Other acts sometimes do this at smaller gigs. It wouldnt be a high stakes event and there would only be low quality fan videos around so they wouldnt have to worry about downloading, plus the surprise might generate some buzz. Just a thought.
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clutching at straws here but...

Clutching at straws hun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The setlist will be Move, Little Me and Superbass. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ you forgot the all round favourite of Word Up too hehe.....hmmm that would be an interesting idea but if anything i feel that they would only give a small snippet, but most likely it will be nothing at all lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully next tour they will have the resources to have both a DJ and a live band. I'm not sure which instruments could recreate some of the sounds from MNEK's studio. I love how Move sounded on Letterman.

I hope LM have a great first week to their album, I don't want them to have to downsize venues like Jessie J. They deserve arenas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've never had a DJ have they? They have a sound engineer who sets the levels and cues the soundtrack but I dont recall them having someone mixing and playing music live on their tour. They'll always have sound techs on tour.
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Wings hasn't aged that well IMO. Sounds quite kiddy now.

I've always wanted them to do a proper remix of that song, either re-jig it as a jazzy rhythm and blues ballad (with a bit of a gospel sound thrown in there because the lyrics invite that) that allows Jesy and Perrie especially to just go to town or do something else with it. That's one thing that would be nice if they had a live band, they could constantly re-work the old standards and make them fresh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've never had a DJ have they? They have a sound engineer who sets the levels and cues the soundtrack but I dont recall them having someone mixing and playing music live on their tour. They'll always have sound techs on tour.

They had a DJ last tour, can't remember her name. Her role was sound engineering but a bit more than that, she wasn't hidden away. We'll see what the new album sounds like, if it is MNEK-y then they might extend the era without a live band.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    ^^ you forgot the all round favourite of Word Up too hehe.....

Physics question: which song was dropped off their setlist faster, Word Up or Cannonball? :D
    Hopefully next tour they will have the resources to have both a DJ and a live band. I'm not sure which instruments could recreate some of the sounds from MNEK's studio.

They may not need to reproduce that too closely. Their acapella of NFLY on their livestream sounds really good on the opposite spectrum. I notice thats one of the offerings on their FB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stereo Soldier is such a good singalong. *weeps bitter tears*

Never got the love for this song. It's sounds very HSM. However they should have released NFLY!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SS and NFLY are both tunes and they both should have been singles!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always wanted a performance of Stereo Solider done with a proper marching band.......I get why people think it's a HSM type song but I love it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always wanted a performance of Stereo Solider done with a proper marching band.......I get why people think it's a HSM type song but I love it. We are who we are, is a song straight from the disney channel though lol

edit: well the edit button failed there but oh well
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been posted already? From this morning:
    Little Mix

Out of these Little Mix tracks, what's your fave? VOTE NOW!

LIKE for DNA. SHARE for How ya doin'. COMMENT for Nothing Feels Like You.

The girls will treat ya' to a little acapella of the winning song on SoundCloud later this week! Mixers HQ x
    15 hrs

When they linked to it on twitter I thought they meant actually covering someone else's song not one of their own lol as I would have preferred that

DNA is winning by a landslide!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh why don't the people understand we already have had acapella's of DNA and How Ya Doin' and only very short versions of NFLY, so why is NFLY not winning by a landslide instead/!?!?!!?!?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I dont get the High School Musical reference either but then I've never seen it.

I wonder if any song choice would have gotten more votes by being on the Like option simply because we know there's FB Like farming going on. But NFLY is a good second. Seems like people are tired of HYD.

My bad NFLY was done as an acoustic. Urk, the Perrie yelping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGFdoKbOz_4
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a bit of random choice of songs aswell I thought.

Choosing two top 20 singles as two of the options was strange aswell IMO. Should have picked another two album tracks along with NFLY
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Yeah, we should have written in Pretend Its OK and thrown them for a loop!

I wonder if this is a "distract them over there while we do something over here" gesture while they do final preps for their first single. Clutching, clutching.

1992, your interest is showing again. lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've done a couple real short acapella clips of NFLY as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-y6yIDP2K8 this has both of them but they were on soundcloud, it was just faster to find them on youtube since i was already there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the acapella intro to NFLY they used on the tour. Another example of them having a better arrangement after the studio version.

Wow while I was on their FB I went all the way back to their Rhythmix posts. Time warp.
This discussion has been closed.