house prices will go down if you vote UKIP!

crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11236153/Rochester-by-election-House-prices-will-go-down-if-you-vote-Ukip.html

Just like immigration will go down to tens of thousands if you vote conservative.
Cant the conservatives sell their policies to the people rather than sink to new lows like this! Embarrassing !

Comments

• allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crystallad wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11236153/Rochester-by-election-House-prices-will-go-down-if-you-vote-Ukip.html

Just like immigration will go down to tens of thousands if you vote conservative.
    Cant the conservatives sell their policies to the people rather than sink to new lows like this! Embarrassing !

Perhaps the Conservatives recognise that UKIP may reduce immigration, thereby taking the pressure off housing demand. So a good reason for voting UKIP and ending the scourge of house price rises and the merry-go-round created by the "professional" classes involved in the housing market.
  • crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe people care about their communities more than house prices!
  • HillmanImpHillmanImp Posts: 2,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe people care about their communities more than house prices!

I would worry about Labours plans for house profits...
    If you have spent the last 30 years paying a massive massive mortgage rather then putting money into a pension policy, thus hoping to downsize to get a great pension, you will possibly be stuffed by Labour policy.
    It seems really unfair, they should have told me 30 years ago!
    I always thought retrospective legislation was immoral.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think house prices would probably fall after a UKIP win… mainly because the UK economy would likely go into a major recession.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Depending on your perspective house prices going down would be a good reason to vote UKIP for many.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silver cloud and all of that
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people might be able to think about buying one instead of dreaming about it. Yes, terrible news lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    Depending on your perspective house prices going down would be a good reason to vote UKIP for many.

It depends if they've still got a job or not after the inevitable recession caused by pulling out of the EU.
  • worzilworzil Posts: 4,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    Its going to be a long time before UKIP get the chance to do anything if ever.
    I really don't see why PEOPLE feel UKIP are a threat .
    They making the sitting MPs feel insecure of losing the cushy jobs but I believe we would see a Labour Conservative coalition before UKIP would be asked into a coalition better the devil you know.
    I have stated I will vote UKIP because its making the others listen to what the people want and its the ordinary man/women's vote that counts in an election and not vested interests.
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people may think that having a UKIP MP is a sign that your area is a depressed dump and this could thus impact on the selling price of your house. However this is the Medway Towns and so the depressed dump issue has already been factored in. ;-)
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends if they've still got a job or not after the inevitable recession caused by pulling out of the EU.

Well those with no jobs can simply go back to their home country or another one in the EU.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    worzil wrote: »
    Its going to be a long time before UKIP get the chance to do anything if ever.
    I really don't see why PEOPLE feel UKIP are a threat .
    They making the sitting MPs feel insecure of losing the cushy jobs but I believe we would see a Labour Conservative coalition before UKIP would be asked into a coalition better the devil you know.
    I have stated I will vote UKIP because its making the others listen to what the people want and its the ordinary man/women's vote that counts in an election and not vested interests.
    I would not underestimate them, but I was not being totally serious in my post, but I am one of those people (a young person) who would like to buy a house one day, as prices falling would be weclomed by more than a few people.
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news,maybe I should reconsider my vote.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not get ourselves overexcited, UKIP are just as committed to unaffordable housing as the other parties.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »

Quote of the day!
  • Young TurksYoung Turks Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news I shall vote for UKIP then. Irresponsible lending and borrowing should end and houses should be just houses not seen as cash machines or get rich quick scheme. House prices should be no more than 4 x of average salary not 10 x

Any economy that relies on high house prices to fuel consumer spending doomed to fail that's why we are having never ending boom & bust!
  • DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think house prices would probably fall after a UKIP win… mainly because the UK economy would likely go into a major recession.

Yep, suspect the same could be said of a Labour win as well....
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Inflated house prices are merely a notional measure of wealth. They only benefit the bankers and estate agents. Fractional reserve banking means that banks are able to lend and charge interest on money THEY DO NOT HAVE.

The Government like this state of affairs because it fools home buyers into believing that the economy is on the up and desperate families charge into the market terrified that prices will only increase. Inevitably, the BUBBLE WILL BURST resulting in repossessions and hardship for those that bought at the peak of the market. The only winners will be the bankers and the estate agents.

HOMES ARE FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE IN .................................. unless you are a Tory politician.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,562
    Forum Member
    Lets see if it does then. 170 days to the election according to Grant Shapps.
  • Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKIP seem to be saying they dont want too much countryside built on. That will keep prices high. It is Labour that wants to starting building all over the nation.

As long as there is a shortage, prices will probably stay pretty high I believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly will not be moving to a UKIP area.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HillmanImp wrote: »
    I certainly will not be moving to a UKIP area.

No but UKIP will move to your area lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but UKIP will move to your area lol

Skye? I haven't seen any evidence of this - got to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HillmanImp wrote: »
    Skye? I haven't seen any evidence of this - got to be honest.

Its only time! Any way how is immigration is skye?
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its only time! Any way how is immigration is skye?

lol :D:kitty: - probably not that big an issue !