Options

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff

Comments

• Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No chance getting enough items for the clown outfit without buying the premium items.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearing 10 clowns with Chris earns you 10 clams, so worth doing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Have you seen the guide on www.familyguytips.com? It shows you how to obtain the Hobo Clown without spending Clams, there is a target amount of Pies and Horns to get a day to reach the goal :) hope it helps!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen the guide on www.familyguytips.com? It shows you how to obtain the Hobo Clown without spending Clams, there is a target amount of Pies and Horns to get a day to reach the goal :) hope it helps!

Thanks for the link seems like a good site.

There are a lot of not so good sites on Google.
    I might have blown it with the clowns though, as I accidentally set Chris on an 8hr task.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    You're welcome :)

I hope you have managed to splat some clowns. It would have been great to receive some indication, even if it was a little hint like: "Make sure you have Chris free for the weekend!"
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll definately need all of Sunday to finish this! Still so far to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how many clowns you can have on the screen at any one time, but I have 3 red clowns and 2 purple ones on screen at the moment. But I've tied Chris up doing a 4hr task again. rolleyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 horn to go.:p
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the subtle differences between this and STO. Like the fake social network and like the levelling up of the characters. Can't seem to add friends though despite them on the game and inviting them via Facebook
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 horn to go.:p

I've got 2 horns and 10 pies to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to the site Zoe_Anderson-Ro linked to, the Clown Outfit task might last till NEXT Sunday.

http://familyguytips.com/2014/05/03/update-the-greatest-little-quahog-circus-end-date-and-time/
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    According to the site Zoe_Anderson-Ro linked to, the Clown Outfit task might last till NEXT Sunday.

http://familyguytips.com/2014/05/03/update-the-greatest-little-quahog-circus-end-date-and-time/

Dont think it is, just went on there and had a last chance for pee pants, nowhere near getting it think i have 20/40 of pies and 10/15 of horns
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Dont think it is, just went on there and had a last chance for pee pants, nowhere near getting it think i have 20/40 of pies and 10/15 of horns

I've got 4 pies and 1 horn to get now, I'll be annoyed if I am one pie out. :)

Just trying to unlock Herbert and Joe at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a cool weekend task and i'm pleased to say i completed it in time. My only criticism is it would have been nice to have some advanced warning to keep Chris free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was a cool weekend task and i'm pleased to say i completed it in time. My only criticism is it would have been nice to have some advanced warning to keep Chris free.

I had to 'cheat'.

I had 1 pie clown left to get but it was gone 11pm and the other site said they only come every hour, so I couldn't see me getting one before 12.

So I used up 10 clams on the outfit.

Update: Oh damn it is still going and there is a red clown walking around. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Seems to still be going still don't think will complete it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still getting clowns but I am not getting anything from them now that I've got the outfit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit annoyed I put chirs on a 1 day story quest last night thinking id missed the chance of the clowns casue I wouldn't be on till about now yet I go on and they are still floating about :(

It's also taking forever to unlock long john peter and sailor glen.

I must be close to district 6 as I've had a few meg quests going already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    I'm a bit annoyed I put chirs on a 1 day story quest last night thinking id missed the chance of the clowns casue I wouldn't be on till about now yet I go on and they are still floating about :(

It's also taking forever to unlock long john peter and sailor glen.

I must be close to district 6 as I've had a few meg quests going already.

Do you unlock districts if you complete quests? I thought you unlock a district if you clear the district next to it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure unlocking districts is quest related. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the humour behind QFS and the character levelling system is pretty good, but I really, really don't like the items mechanic (ie. having to get items to unlock new costumes/characters). It's a total pain and not fun at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean I still haven't gotten a single navy hat for quagmire despite have the wharf and I've had it about a week now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like thats the clowns done for now, was 5 pies short>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    Looks like thats the clowns done for now, was 5 pies short>:(

I have a clown at the moment, not sure if it is the last one as Chris is busy.

I'm not keen on having to get items by waiting ages to get costumes and unlock characters, either.

It is basically a literally 'waiting game'. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long are people taking to earn enough to clear an area?

I am just about earning enough to clear an area, and then make enough to clear another area while the first one is finishing.

But I zero out each time.