Options

Ulterior motives in the production of the final?

Collabro performed second last in the final. And as had been statistically proven in the past, the later in the show you perform, the better you do in the voting as you are still 'fresh' in the viewer's mind.

I think if BAM had performed towards the end, instead of towards the end of the first half of the acts, then they would have come in at least second place.

I also question why BAM needed to have backings singers with them on stage? They made a brilliant performance on their own in the auditions with the help of no one. I actually believe that having backing singers (and to some extent backing dancers) lessens the appeal of an act, even if it is already shit to begin with. If I had a suspicious mind I might be thinking that they were made to finish third and not first.?

Why also was the volume on the vocals of singing boy (Charlie?) lowered in both the semi and finals to the point of hardly being able to hear him. You can clearly hear in the audition that he has a clear strong voice. What gives?

Comments

• Options
    MrRightMrRight Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spin180 wrote: »
    Collabro performed second last in the final. And as had been statistically proven in the past, the later in the show you perform, the better you do in the voting as you are still 'fresh' in the viewer's mind.

I think if BAM had performed towards the end, instead of towards the end of the first half of the acts, then they would have come in at least second place.

I also question why BAM needed to have backings singers with them on stage? They made a brilliant performance on their own in the auditions with the help of no one. I actually believe that having backing singers (and to some extent backing dancers) lessens the appeal of an act, even if it is already shit to begin with. If I had a suspicious mind I might be thinking that they were made to finish third and not first.?

Why also was the volume on the vocals of singing boy (Charlie?) lowered in both the semi and finals to the point of hardly being able to hear him. You can clearly hear in the audition that he has a clear strong voice. What gives?

BAM are only ever going to have a limited shelf life. They'll be one hit wonders but nothing massive. They had already had more than enough exposure for that purpose with being touted around America.
    The most marketable currently & long term are Collabro & Lucy Kay &so it makes more commercial sense to put the focus on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    MrRight wrote: »
    BAM are only ever going to have a limited shelf life. They'll be one hit wonders but nothing massive. They had already had more than enough exposure for that purpose with being touted around America.
    The most marketable currently & long term are Collabro & Lucy Kay &so it makes more commercial sense to put the focus on them.

I agree completely. However it isn't supposed to be about what makes great business sense. It should be about entertainment for the viewer.
  • Options
    MrRightMrRight Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree completely. However it isn't supposed to be about what makes great business sense. It should be about entertainment for the viewer.

Ideally yes. I would love to see a fair talent competition with no back stories, manipulation, ridiculous judges comments/choices/ buzzers in the live shows (when they've chosen them to be there already so it should now simply be the public's choice!) & that showed more than 10 minutes of acts in an hour long audition show but we're talking about a Cowell production here. You can see the dollar signs in his eyes when some acts appear.
    Unfortunately with the viewing figures & the BGT scouts hunting every corner of the globe for acts he has pretty much cornered the market & prevented a rival show from ever being able to gain ground.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member

Yes very strange - I thought he had a very good voice!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrRight wrote: »

You are very wrong!
  • Options
    kleinzachkleinzach Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normal Cowell production. Same thing happens on XF. Backing track is always louder than voice. Similar also on Syco record releases also.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Looks like it was "fixed" to what Cowell wanted whether he knows about Opera or not!
  • Options
    Forum Member

EXACTLY - SOMEONE HAS A BRAIN!!!