Options

Love/hate returns to RTE for series 5

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a thrilling ending to a brilliant series. Siobhan I'm so sad about! I also don't think Fran is gone, the 'King' most definitely is. It will be strange to watch the next series without them... :( I also didn't watch the Fran scene.
  • Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Chanel 5 intend showing season 2 or if they gave just dropped it after showing the first one last autumn.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From RTÉ on Love/Hate's future -
    RTÉ Television's Head of Drama, Jane Gogan, has confirmed that Love/Hate will not return to screens in 2015, but that a sixth season of the crime drama is in development.

In a statement, she said: "RTÉ can confirm that Love/Hate will not return to screens in 2015. A sixth series is currently in development with the writer and creator Stuart Carolan and Octagon Films."

She continued: "It's just a week since the series finale aired and RTÉ, the producers and Stuart believe it's important to take time before going to production with a sixth season.

"Our main objective will always be to ensure the quality and creative dynamic of a new series mirrors the high standards Love/Hate viewers have come to expect over the past five seasons."
    Probably the right decision to leave it a bit but its a big loss to RTÉ's 2015 schedule :(
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Petingo wrote: »
    I wonder if Chanel 5 intend showing season 2 or if they gave just dropped it after showing the first one last autumn.

I phoned Channel 5 and was told that they have the rights but it does not have plans to show it in the near future. I also asked if it would be shown this year and was told it was not scheduled. So it looks like it will be at least 2015 before it is shown if it is shown at all. Personnally I hope if Channel 5 dont want it the BBC buys the rights and could put it on BBC 4
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love/Hate going French and German :p
    Love/Hate to be screened across Europe

RTÉ crime drama Love/Hate will be screened across Europe and dubbed into French and German in a new deal with on-demand film and TV service, Netflix.

In a statement, RTÉ said: "Following on from the recent ratings success of the Love/Hate season finale on RTÉ One, RTÉ is delighted to announce that Love/Hate will now be streamed on Netflix in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg."

ITV Studios Global Entertainment on behalf of RTÉ has secured this multi-year subscription video-on-demand deal with Netflix. The deal will result in all five seasons of the drama being dubbed into French and German, a first for the series.

Love/Hate has already been sold to 30 countries, including the UK, Norway, Australia, the Middle East (including over 20 countries from India to Yemen), Singapore, South Korea, Israel, Brazil along with Hulu, Netflix and Amazon in the US.

Speaking about the deal, Jane Gogan, RTÉ’s Head of Television Drama, said: “This is fantastic news for RTÉ and Octagon Films. Our ambition has always been to make good drama for Irish audiences that can work internationally as well.

"After the excellent engagement with the most recent series of Love/Hate it's good to see international audiences looking for the show as well."

Some achievement for such a small broadcaster like RTÉ! - Licence payers money well spent :)