General Nintendo Chat!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    I agree releasing Smash Bros on 3DS first is the typical present day nintendo madness. The Wii U needs games more than the 3DS at this time so it's baffling at what nintendo are doing.

I suppose the quandry for Nintendo is that both systems need games..even though the Wii U may need them more. 3DS sales are starting to get a bit stagnant so they really need a heavy hitter for that over the summer months (and Wii U has Mario kart 8 which should have a long tail to push systems over the summer....provided they actually market it to any great degree and can get stores to stock it).

If they release both at the same time then most will likely pick one or the other...if they stagger releases then people are more likely to pick up both (I'm sure plenty of those who were getting the Wii U version will now buy the 3DS version to tide them over until the Wii U versions launches). Really they needed to do what they have done with Mario Kart....release handheld and home console versions years apart so people want both and see them as sequels.

Of course there will be major differences between formats. Smash on the 3DS will largely be a single player affair/online multiplayer game (in the west at least)....while Wii U Smash will be the more the competitive title where gamers gather a group around the tv (and I'm sure once the 3DS version is released we'll hear more about modes exclusive to the Wii U).

Still..when it comes down to it Mario Kart 8 will keep most Wii U owners occupied for months (if not years).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, I'll be picking one up hopefully the MK 8 bundle when it gets announced.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Wii U 3rd party exclusive has been announced :o! A New Fatal Frame. Hoping it gets a release outside of Japan. So... I didn't expect that. It's good to see that Nintendo do have a few more cards up its sleeve.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes E3 very interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nintendo would be stupid not to release this in the West, especially since there is a hole in the catalogue after MK8 and Smash Bros. Saying that, the last Fatal Frame game only saw release inside Japan :(
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been interested in the Fatal Frame's but haven't played one yet. I'm hoping this gets a release over here, it's not like there are a lot of good survival horror games anymore.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Nintendo aren't going to be replacing the 3DS XL anytime soon are they?

Haven't had a Nintendo for years and have no interest in the Wii U as I prefer the PS4/Xbox.

That being said nobody comes close in terms of handhelds and want to get back playing Zelda, Mario Kart and maybe a Pokemon game.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Nintendo aren't going to be replacing the 3DS XL anytime soon are they?

Haven't had a Nintendo for years and have no interest in the Wii U as I prefer the PS4/Xbox.

That being said nobody comes close in terms of handhelds and want to get back playing Zelda, Mario Kart and maybe a Pokemon game.

Nowt better then abit MarioKart on the 3DSXL I can tell ya! .... Get 1 ASAP! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nintendo have confirmed that they are working on a new home console, and then said that their "redefinition of gaming" will be released in about 2 years...
  • Options
    CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Nintendo have confirmed that they are working on a new home console, and then said that their "redefinition of gaming" will be released in about 2 years...

Not quite true..they simply said that as soon as they finish one console they always start working on the next (so if asked if they are working on a new console the answer is always yes)....

...and they said "redefining the definition of video game platforms"would take about 2 years...not that they'd be releasing a specific device then. It's about changing their current ecosystem and way of doing business as much as any specific device..

Reading between the lines it's about allowing access to software on multiple devices. It may just mean between Wii U, QOL and their next handheld..although it would be interesting if in future they allowed you to access games you purchased on a piece of Nintendo hardware to be played elsewhere via an account based App(purely speculation).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably means a new console around the 2016 timeframe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember Sadness, the old Wii exclusive that was teased, and teased and teased and teased before eventually fading away and the studio being shut down. At one point, it was probably one of the most anticipated Wii games. Well, it's been confirmed to be coming to Wii U as a U exclusive and is due for release in 2016 release.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Anyone remember Sadness, the old Wii exclusive that was teased, and teased and teased and teased before eventually fading away and the studio being shut down. At one point, it was probably one of the most anticipated Wii games. Well, it's been confirmed to be coming to Wii U as a U exclusive and is due for release in 2016 release.

I have never heard of that title, but it is very interesting that we are now getting 2 survival horrors for the Wii U.

I will keep an eye on this game, and eventually (if it looks good) get it. :D

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nintendo have announced a GameCube Wii U adapter so that you can use the GameCube controller. I guess it'll come in useful for GC VC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Gamecube VC would be brilliant many classics could be revisited. I'll need to pick up the adaptor and a controller in time for smash bros.