Options

Fairy Jobmother (boss of A4E) - C4, 14 July - What a joke!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wants him to change his walk? Put make-up on his scar?

:rolleyes:

Patronising ****.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Their reaction there to being offered an interview was shocking. When I had positive news (even just offered an interview) I was literally grinning and jumping up and down as I WANTED to work.

Interview =/= work.

Tuned out, started watching awful anime for Review side gig I do, feeling less agery about bad anime.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh shes under pressure ... awww ... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    thejel wrote: »
    who wants to predict the ending? Both jobs? One job? Or both back to where they were at the start?

Can I pick: Jobs for a month or two before the dogs ate their alarm clock.

Acutally, I'm hoping they both get jobs and do well at keeping them.
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fear that one or both will get the job(s) and then will get laid off. Usually the way sadly. Especially in those industries that rely on people having money to spend on facials, new kitchens etc.

I really hope so! I do think taking them for hair done, teeth sorting etc was cheating
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That teeth sorting annoyed me. If the production company wasn't paying for it, they wouldn't be able to afford it.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I got told when I went on CCTV course was that as soon as I go on a course that is more than 16 hours a week then my benefits would be stopped as the jobcentre classes it as not looking for work. Which is totally stupid.
  • Options
    werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    To get an interview is an achievement these days with the jobs situation, so she's either done a really good 'sell' on their behalf, or Channel 4 have 'persuaded' the employers to interview them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I don't particularly like this woman, and I certainly don't like all things A4e with the last programme, but she is doing okay on this programme. Patronising, yep a bit, but also kinda necessary. She has toned down her manner a fair bit, although it would still p me off, but she is covering the right sort of thing and at least being a bit more useful this time.
  • Options
    pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why cant Bo Selecta still be on? He'd have a field day with this woman!! :D

She reminds me of a cross between Marjory Dawes of Little Britain and Pauline from Leauge of Gentlemen :D
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Loon wrote: »
    I fear that one or both will get the job(s) and then will get laid off. Usually the way sadly. Especially in those industries that rely on people having money to spend on facials, new kitchens etc.

I really hope so! I do think taking them for hair done, teeth sorting etc was cheating

They'll have Gok Wan in on it soon!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's happier at the cancelling of the interview then she was when being told she had one !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I hate being right. They've withdrawn one interview for 'financial issues'. Hope Dean gets this and the wage is enough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cjw wrote: »
    That teeth sorting annoyed me. If the production company wasn't paying for it, they wouldn't be able to afford it.

it will be free to them ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's one down as the hairdresser is now not doing the interview for financial reasons. Ie It looks like the salon was pushed into doing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on Dean! I'm rooting for him big style!
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    She reminds me of a cross between Marjory Dawes of Little Britain and Pauline from Leauge of Gentlemen :D

lol :D

Why did she tell Maxine not to accept the offer of tea or coffee at the interview, out of curiosity?
  • Options
    BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand. Why does the new government mean that private sector businesses like hair dressers are stopping recruiting? I thought it was just the public sector workers that are terrified about losing their jobs. Aren't all the jobs to replace the cut public sector supposed to come from the private sector?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »

I'm waiting for her to start saying DUST all the time.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh she's not so magical after all. So their "Oh it's just an interview" fears were proved correct. Bet that did wonders for her confidence.

Oh and it's being filmed!! Setup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the interviewers casual manner and dress for real?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah he did well bless him!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    thejel wrote: »
    is the interviewers casual manner and dress for real?

The only time that's ever happened for me was for a placement that there was no chance of me not being in it and there was a miscommunication on the matter.
  • Options
    werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Reminds me of Shirley Ghostman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's gonna get it - they would have said straight away