Will the engineer replace V+ box for Tivo?

Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Got an engineer coming tomorrow as the V+ Samsung box has been playing up. Pixelating, failed recordings, picture freezing, sound stuttering and so on. I'm wondering if the policy is to move V+ customers to Tivo if and when the box needs to be replaced?

I'm pretty ambivolent towards Tivo. I would just as soon have a replacement V+. I'm wondering if the engineer will plonk a Tivo there, charge £50 "Installation fee" and bump up the monthly bill for the privelege. Just wondering what VM do when V+ boxes go faulty.

Comments

• joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    Stewie_C wrote: »
    Got an engineer coming tomorrow as the V+ Samsung box has been playing up. Pixelating, failed recordings, picture freezing, sound stuttering and so on. I'm wondering if the policy is to move V+ customers to Tivo if and when the box needs to be replaced?

I'm pretty ambivolent towards Tivo. I would just as soon have a replacement V+. I'm wondering if the engineer will plonk a Tivo there, charge £50 "Installation fee" and bump up the monthly bill for the privelege. Just wondering what VM do when V+ boxes go faulty.

I think that the engineer will replace it for another V+ box - a refurbished one