The Undateables Return Tonight....

Comments

• FlorianFlorian Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Can someone with Tourettes for an example be arrested for making a racist comment directed at a Black person on the street?

The defence would be perfect.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Florian wrote: »
    Can someone with Tourettes for an example be arrested for making a racist comment directed at a Black person on the street?

The defence would be perfect.

If they have a history of having the condition then they should be OK, it would just depend on the circumstances.
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    Why is it swear words with tourettes

Was seriously wondering that too? Why not 'toaster' or 'kettle' or just some other word(s) that could feesibly be associated with every day life/existance? Do they just say what they ideally want to, but somewhat inappropriately? i.e. "nice tits"!

:eek:
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Was seriously wondering that too? Why not 'toaster' or 'kettle' or just some other word(s) that could feesibly be associated with every day life/existance? Do they just say what they ideally want to, but somewhat inappropriately? i.e. "nice tits"!

Do you have your laptop in the kitchen perchance? :P
  • Torch81Torch81 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macsmurray wrote: »
    Do you have your laptop in the kitchen perchance? :P

LOL! NO, was just trying to 'example' things that you'd use/experience everyday.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    LOL! NO, was just trying to 'example' things that you'd use/experience everyday.

He did tic NHS much to his mates amusement..

Seemed a lovely guy, not sure about pink haired, lip ringed, rotten teeth, student nurse though lol
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You make a good point though, I've often wondered why they don't shout more random words rather than profanities.

I wonder if its almost a psychological filter removal where their true feelings/thoughts spill out.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    He did tic NHS much to his mates amusement..

Seemed a lovely guy, not sure about pink haired, lip ringed, rotten teeth, student nurse though lol

Any hole is a goal:cool:
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    I wish they gave a quick round up at the end of their predicaments now but it was still good/poignant show
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Any hole is a goal:cool:

even the hole between the two front teeth :p:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if the first series is being repeated at all? I've only just noticed that someone I worked with a few years ago is on it so kinda curious to see it now :)
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You make a good point though, I've often wondered why they don't shout more random words rather than profanities.

I wonder if its almost a psychological filter removal where their true feelings/thoughts spill out.

I wondered this too. Also I keep wondering why somebody hasn't come up with a drug which can help with Tourettes.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really didn't enjoy it this year
  • demfedemfe Posts: 15,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couple of observations/questions:
    How on earth does someone with Tourettes manage in a classroom situation in school?
    How come Sam's dog remained a puppy for at least a year?!
    Couldn't help but think that Sam's dad and Richard's mum would have made a great couple!!
  • Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    demfe wrote: »
    Couldn't help but think that Sam's dad and Richard's mum would have made a great couple!!

I thought the same thing! Potential spin-off maybe?
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    widbear wrote: »
    Cwoor I'd do Luke - what a bear! and he's funny, and the tics just make him funnier.

If he ever fancies a stroll on the gay side ;)
    Agreed.

Fancy a threesome? :p
  • whatsername235whatsername235 Posts: 360
    Forum Member

I remember seeing something recently maybe on BBC3.... anyway there was a girl on it who said the word 'biscuits' hundreds and hundreds of times a day. She then commented something about not even particularly liking biscuits (this line was so wonderfully delivered) so I have no idea where they come from! I think the swearing one's just more publicised to be honest.

I find it really interesting that every person I've seen on TV etc with tourettes has got a cracking personality and usually seem to have quite the sense of humour about their condition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member

I remember watching some programme a long time ago, where the girl said it was the things in the back of your mind that you know you shouldn't say. So if you saw an overweight person you'd think (consciously or subconsciously) about it but not say anything, whereas with Tourettes they focus so much on not saying anything that it comes out, if that makes sense?

It was so lovely to see what everyone had been up to, especially Richard. That man must go through a bottle of Lynx a day. I wish that horrible girl had been on from last year with the brittle bone disease who immediately shot her date down because he was in a wheelchair.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    After watching this I've realised I have an attraction to people with tourettes. Both the guy on tonight's episode and the one from earlier this series have been attractive to me!
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Shane (the poet) is brilliant and I'm so pleased that he got a book deal and a tour out of the exposure the show gave him. Far from a being guy with a learning disability, I see him as a Great British eccentric.

Love the guy with Aspergers as well. I loved the way he took the phone call from the agency, put the phone down, turned to his mum and then paused... "She's from fcuking London!"

I think the show is great and it's nice to get a glimpse of the personalities behind the disabilities.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Shane (the poet) is brilliant and I'm so pleased that he got a book deal and a tour out of the exposure the show gave him. Far from a being guy with a learning disability, I see him as a Great British eccentric.

Love the guy with Aspergers as well. I loved the way he took the phone call from the agency, put the phone down, turned to his mum and then paused... "She's from fcuking London!"

I think the show is great and it's nice to get a glimpse of the personalities behind the disabilities.

It was my first thought watching last night (didn't see first series so missed him), I wouldn't have said he has a learning disability, he had more intelligence, character and charisma than most men I've met! Okay his jokes were terrible, but can't blame him for trying with some of the awful dates he was on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really liked Shaine. Definitely more charming than many men.
    HE DID remind me so much of Justin Fletcher in his mannerisms and corny jokes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Never seen it before last night. Good show :)
  • topdog2006topdog2006 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I wondered this too. Also I keep wondering why somebody hasn't come up with a drug which can help with Tourettes.

There is one- but it has the side effect of completely draining a person's energy, so many people with Tourettes prefer not to use it.
  • SamsMamSamsMam Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Just incase anyone is interested, I think Steve (the guy from Sunderland) has a girlfriend. I don't know him but I saw him today when he walked past me and he was walking hand in hand with a lass and they looked really happy and smiling :)