Reese 'do you know my name' Witherspoon

kikifikikifi Posts: 326
Forum Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2312729/Reese-Witherspoon-apologises-arrest-disorderly-conduct-attends-Mud-premiere.html

Doesn't make her self look very good. I guess she one of those celebs who act all nice but it's actually a different story behind closed doors!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an utter div, sounds like she was on the vino to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll be used to getting her way in clubs and movie premierres and being first in to the VIP areas.

She would expect to be treated famously with a special way.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't sound like the kind of thing she would do, but then she must have been completely tanked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The officer on the scene claims that the actress became clearly agitated and eventually disobeyed his verbal commands.
    The officer reported: ‘Mrs. Witherspoon began to hang out the window and say that she did not believe that I was a real police officer.’
    The law enforcer explained in the report: ‘I told Mrs. Witherspoon to sit on her butt and be quiet.’

But once Toth was handcuffed, the mother-of-three disembarked from her seat, telling the officer that she was a ‘US citizen’ and that she had the right to ‘stand on American ground’.

Sounds like she had one to many drinks imo. but no big deal many many people every weekend talk to others like that so I dont see why she getting picked out as the bitch.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I was drunk".

No excuse. If you act like an arse if you have one too many then perhaps drinking alcohol isn't for you.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,845
    Forum Member
    hitnmix wrote: »
    Sounds like she had one to many drinks imo. but no big deal many many people every weekend talk to others like that so I dont see why she getting picked out as the bitch.

Do they? Does that make it alright then? Her husband was way over the limit, endangering lives getting behind the wheel. She was making some sort of strange veiled threat to the officer about the fact he will "soon know" who she is. She's an idiot and so is her husband.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Always reading on gossip sites how she's not as sickly sweet as she appears and thought perhaps they were making it up, now I'm not sure they were
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I was really surprised to see her in the news this morning.
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really surprised to see her in the news this morning.

Yes so was I - she's always appeared sensible. She used to go out with my favourite actor: Jake Gyllenhaal.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    Maybe Ryan Phillipe had the right idea.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People do regrettable things when they're drunk. It would be a different matter if she was sober though.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Do they? Does that make it alright then? Her husband was way over the limit, endangering lives getting behind the wheel. She was making some sort of strange veiled threat to the officer about the fact he will "soon know" who she is. She's an idiot and so is her husband.

^ This. The real story here is that she and her husband got behind the wheel knowing he was well and truly over the limit, putting their own and other people's lives at risk.

Her PR apology for her behaviour towards the arresting officer appears to be her trying to move the attention away from that.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Her husband was driving drunk, and she was happy to ride with him in the car. She gets paid millions and millions, yet is too stupid and stuck up to hire a driver/get a hotel room/get a taxi when going out for drinks. That is the real issue here.

Her entitled attitude is no surprise to me, I've read enough gossip sites to believe she is quite stuck up b**ch.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,165
    Forum Member
    I can't believe people are so shocked. I thought it was common knowledge that's she's been the new Julia Roberts for years. All manners and fake smiles to your face but completely selfish and ruthless behind your back. To me that sense of entitlement is not a surprise at all.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the behavior of someone who has children especially a seven month old baby.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    ^ This. The real story here is that she and her husband got behind the wheel knowing he was well and truly over the limit, putting their own and other people's lives at risk.

Her PR apology for her behaviour towards the arresting officer appears to be her trying to move the attention away from that.

BIB Very true. I didn't read one apology about the DUI, but only about the entitled attitude which she explained with "I had too many drinks". Somehow I get the feeling, that it isn't their first time driving drunk, but just the first time getting caught.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

Agreed. This fact is getting lost in all the 'do you know who I am?' nonsense.
    Her husband was driving drunk, and she was happy to ride with him in the car. She gets paid millions and millions, yet is too stupid and stuck up to hire a driver/get a hotel room/get a taxi when going out for drinks. That is the real issue here.

Her entitled attitude is no surprise to me, I've read enough gossip sites to believe she is quite stuck up b**ch.

BIB: Agree with all of this. There's no excuse for normal people but for these rich people there's even less excuse!

I'm quite surprised to find out she's up her own @rse a bit, she always comes (came) across as OK. Just goes to show you can never tell!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To this day it's depressing how many people still drink and drive and think it's no big deal just as long as they don't get stopped.....and hopefully not kill somebody else in the process.

You'd think they'd have some grasp of common sense, especially Reese, considering they have young kids. It could be one of her kids out on the street when some drunk driver passes by.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has really put me off her and I really used to like her. Mainly as she seemed so down to earth and likeable. However, not only did she get in the car with a drunk driver but then she says the old 'Don't you know who I am'.
    Yuk!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    This has really put me off her and I really used to like her. Mainly as she seemed so down to earth and likeable. However, not only did she get in the car with a drunk driver but then she says the old 'Don't you know who I am'.
    Yuk!

Me too. Some of these celebs (not all) think that fame gives them a status above others. It doesn't. They're just 'going to work' like everyone else, however 'up' they think they are. One thing you should never do, famous or not, is get behind the wheel of a potentially lethal vehicle when you've had a few.
  • lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    Well, well, well, America's Sweetheart lite has gone and gotten herself arrested. Nice mug shot btw Laura Jeanne Poon!! lol
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two strange observations.

Matthew McConaughey looks completely different to how I remember him.

Jim Toth looks like a strange merger of Ben Affleck and George Clooney.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    I was genuinely shocked to see this headline this morning. I'd always thought Reese seemed very sweet, sensible and genuine. I totally get that alcohol may have caused her to react badly but actually allowing her husband to drive whilst so over the influence and to get in a car with him is the most shocking. What if some innocent person had been coming the other way and he ploughed into them? Or they had an accident themselves. Where would her three kids be then? It's not as if they couldn't have afforded a taxi home, or why drive in the first place if you're going to drink?
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Two strange observations.

Matthew McConaughey looks completely different to how I remember him.

Jim Toth looks like a strange merger of Ben Affleck and George Clooney.

He did lose an awful lot of weight recently for a movie, maybe putting it back on again has changed him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Me to, I thought it was quite well known that she was horrible. She hasn't had a hit film in a while, it will be interesting to see if this does any long term damage to her careerer, I doubt it since I think she is a big enough star to weather the storm but we shall see.