Options

James Arthur back on Twitter

Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
Forum Member
✭✭✭
That break didn't last long, and he's still spouting off a bit. He just can't help himself.

Comments

• Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That break didn't last long, and he's still spouting off a bit. He just can't help himself.

So??:confused:
    He's been back on twitter for a while. He is busy on tour. Has he upset you in any way?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just making an observation, since such a huge deal was made about him quitting it.

Does that upset YOU in some way?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    He's been back on twitter for a while. He is busy on tour. Has he upset you in any way?:confused:

He upset most people in the country on his previous twitter account, so it wouldn't be surprising if he had upset MB on this one
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He didn't take a break from Twitter because he had a tour. It's the "Im better than you"-attitude in its Tweets that made the gp hate him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He upset most people in the country on his previous twitter account, so it wouldn't be surprising if he had upset MB on this one

He's never upset me. Offended me, yes, but not "upset"...I just found myself cringing at him yet again today when he was rambling on about how his shows were "real", yawn.

I don't actually follow him, by the way, but I see stuff he posts sometimes via retweets.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let me get this straight. He hasn't said or done anything to upset anyone whilst he's been back on twitter, so what's the point of this thread? :confused:

It's getting quite tedious on here with the unnecessary threads.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Let me get this straight. He hasn't said or done anything to upset anyone whilst he's been back on twitter.

Give him a day ot two, I'm guessing he will.

Just as well you got this straight, James doesn't like it any other way ;-)
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

like 95% of the population then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me get this straight. He hasn't said or done anything to upset anyone whilst he's been back on twitter, so what's the point of this thread? :confused:

It's getting quite tedious on here with the unnecessary threads.

It's an observation that he's still pretty damn full of himself and doesn't seem to have learned as much as he could have from his recent trouble with the media. It feels like it will only be a matter of time before he puts his foot in it in a major way again.

If you don't like these threads, no one is forcing you to read them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    like 95% of the population then

95% of the population don't bite the hand that feeds them over and over again, like James did, and also aren't famous so don't have much influence over people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    95% of the population don't bite the hand that feeds them over and over again, like James did, and also aren't famous so don't have much influence over people.

what's so terrible about biting the hand that feeds you. It's better than letting it pat you on the head and then guide you slowly into the cellar of full discarded xf winners. Why not bite it and at least find your own way there:)
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give him a day ot two, I'm guessing he will.

Just as well you got this straight, James doesn't like it any other way ;-)

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what's so terrible about biting the hand that feeds you. It's better than letting it pat you on the head and then guide you slowly into the cellar of full discarded xf winners. Why not bite it and at least find your own way there:)

With that attitude, no wonder it seems like so many of the younger generation have no clue. The fact that you appear to be for real completely depresses me.

Does it really need explaining that you can be something other than a "yes man" while still retaining class and humility?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With that attitude, no wonder it seems like so many of the younger generation have no clue. The fact that you appear to be for real completely depresses me.

Does it really need explaining that you can be something other than a "yes man" while still retaining class and humility?

Biting the hand that feeds was once seen as a good career move. It's only now that behaviour-fascists such as yourself feel the need to stamp out any sign of 'bad attitude' that we live in a world of blandness that threatens to kill us all of boredom. If there's anything the younger generation hasn't a clue about (talking about music artists here) it's how to express anything worth expressing.

And for what exactly should these XF artists be eternally grateful for anyway, the chance to release an album of covers or Barlow cast-offs before being binned, or the chance to sell their souls before realising it can't be bought back. They owe the show bugger all.
  • Options
    copterpylonscopterpylons Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Biting the hand that feeds was once seen as a good career move. It's only now that behaviour-fascists such as yourself feel the need to stamp out any sign of 'bad attitude' that we live in a world of blandness that threatens to kill us all of boredom. If there's anything the younger generation hasn't a clue about (talking about music artists here) it's how to express anything worth expressing.

And for what exactly should these XF artists be eternally grateful for anyway, the chance to release an album of covers or Barlow cast-offs before being binned, or the chance to sell their souls before realising it can't be bought back. They owe the show bugger all.

Bravo. Well said.

[Note to younger generation: the niceness brigade is a relatively new phenomenon. Listen to 'Radio, Radio' by Elvis Costello for a rollicking rendition of I wanna bite that hand that feeds me, I wanna bite that hand so badly.]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bravo. Well said.

[Note to younger generation: the niceness brigade is a relatively new phenomenon. Listen to 'Radio, Radio' by Elvis Costello for a rollicking rendition of I wanna bite that hand that feeds me, I wanna bite that hand so badly.]

this performance of which blows your socks off
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNiAuRgmApE

there was dozens of songs in the late 70's that laid into radio or the industry labels. It's such a timid little industry by comparison these dyas:)
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,838
    Administrator
    A number of posts have been removed from this thread. Please keep the discussion about the topic and not other forum members.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A number of posts have been removed from this thread. Please keep the discussion about the topic and not other forum members.

Thank you, mods - I am glad I didn't see most of them, it appears.

However, I must say I am appalled the "behaviour fascist" comment remains - how it calling someone a fascist in any context remotely acceptable? For this reason alone, I think I need to at least take a forum break. No flouncing here, just that at least if I suddenly disappear people can check my posting history and see why. Life is too short to get stressed out over an internet forum. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, mods - I am glad I didn't see most of them, it appears.

However, I must say I am appalled the "behaviour fascist" comment remains - how it calling someone a fascist in any context remotely acceptable? For this reason alone, I think I need to at least take a forum break. No flouncing here, just that at least if I suddenly disappear people can check my posting history and see why. Life is too short to get stressed out over an internet forum. :)

ach get back here Molly, nothing is said as seriously as it might come over. Besides, being a behaviour-fascist doesn't make you Mussolini;-)
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member

Think that's a bit of an overexaggeration? Considering 90% of the population wouldn't even be aware of what he's said. Also it's a twitter spat for goodness sakes - how many people do you think would care about it?

And why on earth can't he be on Twitter...is there some sort of rule that certain people can't be allowed on it?
  • Options
    RottilargoRottilargo Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arthur ‏@JamesArthur23
    I'm not mad at the Brit awards guys it's understandable given my behaviour last year. You have to be a professional in every aspect. #LOVE

The other male singers right now haven't been controversial so record sales and international success is irrelevant.. We will turn it around
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    Rottilargo wrote: »
    I'm not mad at the Brit awards guys it's understandable given my behaviour last year. You have to be a professional in every aspect. #LOVE

The other male singers right now haven't been controversial so record sales and international success is irrelevant.. We will turn it around

LOL - I like his style, I mean he just isn't arrogant at all is he. That's definitely why he wasn't nominated, nothing at all to do with any of the others possibly being better.

I am sure the Brits team will feel quite embarrassed that they overlooked him now - they will have to include him for his second album.
  • Options
    chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member

good to know he hasn't lost his sense of perspective... :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member

His arrogance is not endearing. He's talented yes but save the arrogant attitude for his stage performance and try being grateful offstage. Why mention this at all?
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    So he thinks the only reason he isn't nominated for a Brit award is because he was a naughty boy and he would have got one otherwise?

That's how it reads to me at least. He's still very full of himself then.