Options

It's obvious that Danny Dyer will win the SDP award

FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
Forum Member
As much as I hate his acting compared to Nikki Sanderson & Kellie Bright, I think it's pretty much a done deal that he'll win. I didn't realise that when you voted, you had to vote for every category - and if the person voting isn't interested in soaps, whose the first person that catches their eye? Of course, Danny Dyer - he's a recognisable figure.

It's a shame, I hope people don't vote for Danny by default because I don't think he deserves it just for smashing up a few cups. :(

Comments

• Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kellie Bright and Danny Dyer are both fantastic IMO! Kellie just about edges it, but I honestly wouldn't mind if either of them won the award!:)
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After tonight I think Kellie may steal it. Don't rule out Verity Rushworth
  • Options
    Forum Member

Certainly not! I just named Nikki as she was the first one that came into my head :)
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like Kellie to win, but I reckon if Danny wins he'll probably say that he's sharing it with Kellie :)
  • Options
    SereniitySereniity Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think Kellie and Danny will cause a split vote among EE fans so Nikki Sanderson has it in the bag. To be honest all three of them deserve it and would all be worthy winners so whatever happens, happens.
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted for Nikki Sanderson. She has been brilliant in Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would absolutely brilliant if Nikki Sanderson won it! She's been outstanding this year.

Any of the others would be great though, other than Danny. He's a bit of a DILF and I like him but acting wise the other 3 are leagues ahead.
  • Options
    LNSLNS Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny and Kellie have been great. But Kellie has the edge and also she has always been so good even before EastEnders so my vote went to her
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    He's fantastic, he'd deserve it.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I don't rate him at all. Nor do I rate any of the other nominees in this category.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikki has it in the bag, the maxine/patrick story has been gripping!
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Nikki has it in the bag, the maxine/patrick story has been gripping!
    Err, is it just me or is everyone on some other planet?

The Patrick/Maxine/Sienna/Dodger/Nico incest saga has been one of the worst SLs I've seen on soap and I actually think Nikkis been far less than average

Her crying when Dodger left was hilarious
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    I really hope Kellie wins it tonight, she has been amazing, I wouldnt be annoyed if Danny won it though.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    Err, is it just me or is everyone on some other planet?

The Patrick/Maxine/Sienna/Dodger/Nico incest saga has been one of the worst SLs I've seen on soap and I actually think Nikkis been far less than average

Her crying when Dodger left was hilarious
    It's not just you.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny and Linda will take the top prizes at the soap awards.
  • Options
    Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch anything other than EE so can't comment on other soaps, however I think Kellie should win. She was outstanding last night and IMO she deserves to win.
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    As much as I hate his acting compared to Nikki Sanderson & Kellie Bright, I think it's pretty much a done deal that he'll win. I didn't realise that when you voted, you had to vote for every category - and if the person voting isn't interested in soaps, whose the first person that catches their eye? Of course, Danny Dyer - he's a recognisable figure.

It's a shame, I hope people don't vote for Danny by default because I don't think he deserves it just for smashing up a few cups. :(

You do not have to vote in every category so if you are not a Soap fan you can just skip the appropriate category, plus I'm sure have two EE actors will split the EE fan vote (skewed to Kellie I'd guess) giving Verity a easy run.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on performances, Verity should get it. But as we all know EE has a rabid fan group.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Based on performances, Verity should get it. But as we all know EE has a rabid fan group.

So the other soaps dont have a fan base then?
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is any justice in the world Verity should win it.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Verity has a very good chance of winning
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    What I dislike about these awards is they always go to whichever actor/actress is hyped up at the time. The consistently good actors like Steve Mcfadden, Linda Henry, Lindsey Coulson, Diane Parish and so on, always seem to get overlooked and are severely underrated compared with whoever is 'big' at the time of the awards. Just my opinion.

(I only watch EE so can't comment on other soaps)
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this was the category that I struggled most to decide on as I thought all four of them deserved it, but in the end I went for Nikki Sanderson. She has been amazing in Hollyoaks!

And knowing HO, this may be her last chance to get the award as they love killing people off so much! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    What I dislike about these awards is they always go to whichever actor/actress is hyped up at the time. The consistently good actors like Steve Mcfadden, Linda Henry, Lindsey Coulson, Diane Parish and so on, always seem to get overlooked and are severely underrated compared with whoever is 'big' at the time of the awards. Just my opinion.

(I only watch EE so can't comment on other soaps)

Adam Woodyatt should have definitely been nominated with the Lucy Beale storyline. The actor is massively underrated IMO and is always put on the backburner in these award shows.

I'm certain that DTC pushed for Danny & Kellie to be nominated.
  • Options
    ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kinda want Verity to win...but wouldn't mind if it was Kellie Bright !