Options

!IPOD lost files

I have got a ! symbol in the left hand column on iTunes. I have lost a 100 or so tracks from the 2000 or so on my computers hard drive, anybody else had this?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have deletedor moved the files from your computer outside of iTunes then that will be why.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    not sure what u mean, to my knowledge no files were deleted or moved
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have an exclamation mark to the left of the main page of iTunes. The files are lost. Help!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it means itunes cant find the files - you must have moved them elsewhere on your hard drive or removed them completely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ok but I havent removed them, recently the whole of the library was lost from my IPOD and I had to reload from iTunes on my PC which took up to an hour, I think it is since then that some of the playlist etc are somewhat diminished. I dont download much from the www only put my own cd's on iTunes so I think it is only a percentage of those tracks that are lost. I guess it will mean burning them again from the discs. cheers, J
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    basically its looking at where u linked to tunes and coming back and basically saying they are not there, just a case of check where the files are linked to and check filenames