Talksport Chat (Part 6)

Comments

• jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    But Margerrison doesn't come with the constant silly laugh and giggling, he doesn't attempt to be an impressionist and fail badly, he doesn't cut callers off or talk over them when he's losing an argument, he doesn't talk about food all night long, he doesn't have to play recordings of earlier shows because he's run out of callers and overall he doesn't come across as a complete ####.
    Both have a Masters Degree in lousiness.

Where has Duncan Barkes disappeared too ? you would think at this time of year when presenters go on their holidays, he would be doing some covering on TS or LBC, I have not heard him for weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Listened to the Matt Forde clip, not sure what everyone's so upset about. Sure, he's not my favourite presenter either (there's a reason why he's on my radio late at night) but he was just defending himself against someone who was trying to label him. What he said wasn't and isn't reason to sign a petition to get him sacked. And as for people ringing Mike Graham's show to ask him to have a word with his bosses is plain pathetic really. What were these people expecting Mike to do? Forde didn't swear at the woman - of course he didn't give her much opportunity to speak either but then you could say that about many of the presenters on Talk Sport (Brazil and George Galloway instantly come to mind, and I like George ) .
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Both have a Masters Degree in lousiness.

Where has Duncan Barkes disappeared too ? you would think at this time of year when presenters go on their holidays, he would be doing some covering on TS or LBC, I have not heard him for weeks.

Agreed Jack!, {top line} Duncan Barkes?, you're right where is he?, here we have people like Maude and Marge putrefying the night-time listening hours and one of the best in the business sidelined, Mozzy and the chap running LBC should hang their heads in shame.
    Forum Member
    Agreed Jack!, {top line} Duncan Barkes?, you're right where is he?, here we have people like Maude and Marge putrefying the night-time listening hours and one of the best in the business sidelined, Mozzy and the chap running LBC should hang their heads in shame.
    As for Matt Forde,we will just have to be patient.:D Presenters come and go, the listeners remain loyal, one good thing about having Forde , Irani and Quinn....It can't get any worse....can it?:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heard the hand over between Collins and MG and Collins playing down of the NI phone hacking was interesting! He claimed first it was only celebs, then said it was a single journalist that hacked a dead girls phone and then said Police now involved and tailed it off.

Must be afraid of losing his sky news paper reporting gig I guess :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    WindWalker wrote: »
    Just heard the hand over between Collins and MG and Collins playing down of the NI phone hacking was interesting! He claimed first it was only celebs, then said it was a single journalist that hacked a dead girls phone and then said Police now involved and tailed it off.

Hi Wind, welcome back
    I don't fancy a job at NOTW head office, I bet they all know eachothers bussiness hacking eachother. My Village is the same, but we use curtains instead of phones.:D:p
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone listen to Kick-Off tonight?

The studio pundit in with Danny Kelly after 8pm was former basketball player John Amaechi, who since his retirement from the NBA has become a psychologist.

The two hours were spent discussing sports psychology and John's various theories as to why teams and individuals perform in the ways that they do. I have enjoyed listening to Amaechi in comparably short interviews on Hawksbee & Jacobs in the past, but hearing him talking about a particular area of interest of his over a longer period of time was a really fascinating listen. I hope he gets invited back to the talkSPORT studios in the future, he brought a lot to the table tonight.
    Forum Member
    Anyone listen to Kick-Off tonight?

The studio pundit in with Danny Kelly after 8pm was former basketball player John Amaechi, who since his retirement from the NBA has become a psychologist.

The two hours were spent discussing sports psychology and John's various theories as to why teams and individuals perform in the ways that they do. I have enjoyed listening to Amaechi in comparably short interviews on Hawksbee & Jacobs in the past, but hearing him talking about a particular area of interest of his over a longer period of time was a really fascinating listen. I hope he gets invited back to the talkSPORT studios in the future, he brought a lot to the table tonight.
    I heard that Diff, He went on to say about the England team and their mindset before going into matches, I liked the Eastern European method of having half the team youngsters, the other half older pros that can take the younger players under their wings, it was very interesting.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Margerrison is baaaad Ven, I know because I have to listen to him when the comedian with the sharp brain and quick wit is on air but no way can I agree he's as bad as Forde not in my view at least. Forde to me and I am really being honest here is the worst presenter I have ever heard in my entire life, TV or radio. I've heard some rubbish in my time honestly I have but this guy is the pits the deepest sunken pit anywhere you could find and as I said earlier today I seriously question Moz Dee's state of mind after giving him a job.
    I'm with Ven on this one, Marge is as bad as Maude in a skin crawling type of way. If the NHS need to free up beds in our hospitals, put Maude & Margie on their radio's. everyday....Simple but effective.:p

You pay your money and you take your choice, I guess. What a shame we are discussing how BAD presenters are? OK some presenters have better broadcasting skills than others, that's life, but how do M&M get and keep their jobs? That is a genuine question.

Slightly going sideway: Other may think that a few posts on Digital Spy registering our disdain for certain presenters are "not worth a hill of beans" in the wider picture. I would disagree, we are representative, our own little 'focus group'. Straw polls at the close of a general election are usually spot on, how many people do they speak to in comparison to the number of folks who voted during the course of the day?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WindWalker wrote: »

Yes the Colonel was being very protective of the News of The World wasn't he, making out it was one bad apple in the organisation so why castigate them all. First of all how does he know it was only one person responsible, for all he knows at this stage it could be the whole lot of them that is guilty including the editors and owners. At the moment it's only allegations and everyone has to be very careful what they say but if it turns out to be all true it's a disgrace on the media and I hope they get the pants sued off them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok everyone on here has heard Ian Abrahams at some time right?, but is there anyone on here who has never heard him during the early morning handover with Mike Graham around 5.15AM?. I ask because Abrahams is a completely different animal (very fitting I know) - when you hear him at 5-15, when he's with Brazil he's a frightened schoolboy always being put in his place, Brazil will call him terrible names and he'll just instantly shut up and take it. But when he's with MG he's completely different, in fact the roles are completely reversed and moose is the big mouth bully and to MG's shame he allows it.

I was just wondering why this is all so???.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok everyone on here has heard Ian Abrahams at some time right?, but is there anyone on here who has never heard him during the early morning handover with Mike Graham around 5.15AM?. I ask because Abrahams is a completely different animal (very fitting I know) - when you hear him at 5-15, when he's with Brazil he's a frightened schoolboy always being put in his place, Brazil will call him terrible names and he'll just instantly shut up and take it. But when he's with MG he's completely different, in fact the roles are completely reversed and moose is the big mouth bully and to MG's shame he allows it.

Possibly just a case of Mike is tired at the end of a long overnight shift and just can’t be asked? I have no doubt if he chose to he could eat Moose for his much anticipated breakfast at the end of his shift at 6.00am [not nice imagery I know!].

Otherwise, and I know you don’t like Moose Billy, to say the very least, but I don’t like bullying in any circumstances and personally for me Brazil goes too far with him – which is then endorsed by the parrot which REALLY annoys me:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    That was another two callers on MG's show last night who began their calls berating Fatt Maude and saying weekend over nights are terrible listening.

If the powers that be at TS weren't aware of just how unpopular he is, then it must be filtering through to them now?

He seriously can't continue much longer destroying the weekend over night slot.
  • m4rk1m4rk1 Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Must admit I don't often bother with the last hour as it's got the mouse in it so not worth wasting good battery power on. Not only that but all the other dross starts at five like traffic reports and windscreen ads.

The Mouse is in his element at that time because MG its the only one there who knows less about west ham, I mean football than him.
  • DabandyDabandy Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was another two callers on MG's show last night who began their calls berating Fatt Maude and saying weekend over nights are terrible listening.

If the powers that be at TS weren't aware of just how unpopular he is, then it must be filtering through to them now?

He seriously can't continue much longer destroying the weekend over night slot.

One of those callers was Adam from Cardiff , who was the other one TT ? ..and what time was he on ?
  • DabandyDabandy Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pearl Jam wrote: »
    You were hypocritical Andy. You went off telling tales because he gave Susan what she deserved for being insulting to him, yet you are prepared to call him a repulsive human being. So you don't like him - big deal. You have no idea what he's like as a human being. Your comments are shallow and spiteful.

Your post is also contradictory. You refer to IF the listener figures go down and then in the same paragraph admit the listener figures are going up. I think you are very confused.

Billy - that is low and you know it. But you will be wasting your time.

So OFCOM have upheld the complaint have they, and they have censured the presenter have they? I doubt it.

And as for your comments about women callers I think that's crap and just about one of the most patronising things I've ever read. As another poster said, you have got to be joking.

" Susan got what she deserved !!! "
    Are you insane PJ ? .. A well mannered caller like that ? Streuth ..you would make a worse presenter than Forde ..and the listening figures may be going up as whole , but not on his show ..the other shows are carrying his ....and the offcom thing is still ongoing ...and yes TS have been spanked about it I hear .. And no PJ ..I don't know what he's like a human being ..but then again , I don't have to ..I know what he's like as a presenter , and he's GARBAGE .. and his disgraceful attitude to Susan , ( and hundreds of like callers since day one ) confirms much of what I suspect about him as a human being anyway .... You need a reality check PJ ... do you treat the people in your life like dirt , the way Forde treats his callers ?..I hope not !!
  • FuzzyDunlop82FuzzyDunlop82 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    The Colonel got very defensive the other night when I tweeted him about the then breaking NI story...he read it out, got flustered and then proceded to have a tweet conversation with me:

Check my TL if interested - @GregCross82 and his @Collinslateshow: Newest tweets at the top I'm afraid:

Me to him -

@collinslateshow - I listen and enjoy the Late Show every night. It's clearly the leading news story of the week/month.

4 Jul

@collinslateshow ...but heard a lot of tough stuff debated on it, wanted to hear more opinions on it to be honest. Guardian have done well.

4 Jul

@collinslateshow - debate; one would suggest if heads should roll, at the top of that organisation. Media ethics. You chair a great show...

4 Jul

@collinslateshow ...I'm staggered that it isn't being covered, you guys usually get straight to these matters Sir. Wasn't meant as a slight.

4 Jul

@collinslateshow - I have the Late show down as good radio journalism - this is in the papers, no doubt in PMQ's too on Wed...

4 Jul

@collinslateshow -c'mon Ian, Andy Murray chat rather than the gutter press hacking a then-missing girl's phone? Tennis is over, this is news

4 Jul

Him to me, again, newest at the top -

@GregCross82 But we're not a news show. Never have been. Its the kind of story we would 'mention' but not our field for debate.

4 Jul

@GregCross82 legally sensitive Greg but nothing we would really touch these days...

4 Jul

@GregCross82 not sure when you last listened the show Greg. We would never go near a story like that. haven't done for years.

4 Jul

@GregCross82 we would never touch a story like that. What would the debate be? it's a reportage not a comment story. Plus it's only alleged

4 Jul

@GregCross82 staggered that you'd even think we could do that justice; not our territory at any time but now riddled with legal issues

4 Jul

So he's saying the Late Show doesn't cover news, isn't a news show etc?! I appreciate it was breaking on the 4th, that a lot was rumour, but still, very, very defensive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member

I agree Billy, i reckon when the Moose is with Brazil, he is under orders from Moz Dee to not answer back, cos their is surely no way he would continually take all that stick live on air from Boozil and the parrot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's going to be a tough job getting Forde removed at talkSPORT because no one in any managerial capacity ever listens to public concerns, if they did the likes of Irani, Quinn, Goldstein and Abrahams would have been gone ages ago, they just do not listen.

But we will never give up. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Dumb and Dumber were talking to Nigel Mansell this morning on breakfast when Mansell asked if they had been to the new Scottish Open golf course. Irani said not yet, but it won't be long as we have mentioned the course enough times this morning.
    Has Irani the freebie king got no shame what so ever.

Still, Henk Potts took the mick out of him again, Henk was describing the undulations of the Golf course and said that Irani was too slow minded to be able to play it, Brazil kept sniggering and the parrot did not say a word.

I also heard Irani mention he went to a charity golf day at Brocket hall yesterday, he said he and his team just missed out on 1st place and he was gutted because they didn'nt win a holiday to the States.
    It amazes me how he keeps mentioning his charity work when all he does is play golf, all expenses paid on a posh course, everything free and to think he would have had the cheek to accept the holiday to America if he's team would have won, when you would think the least he would do is offer it back for charity, otherwise what the hell does he actually contribute?. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    The Colonel got very defensive the other night when I tweeted him about the then breaking NI story...he read it out, got flustered and then proceded to have a tweet conversation with me...

So he's saying the Late Show doesn't cover news, isn't a news show etc?! I appreciate it was breaking on the 4th, that a lot was rumour, but still, very, very defensive.

Just ask yourself one thing: how would Talksport have covered this issue had it been the BBC involved and not News International?
    Forum Member
    Dabandy wrote: »
    One of those callers was Adam from Cardiff , who was the other one TT ? ..and what time was he on ?
    I only heard Adam last night, MG is allowing the callers to say their piece about Maude before he says "you know I don't like discussing other presenters" I know MG would never say anything against Forde, he's too professional for that, on the flip side he does not stick up for Matt like he could either, he just Say's the listening figures (Rajar) are up.:cool:
  • FuzzyDunlop82FuzzyDunlop82 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Indeed - that is what I thought. I think they were running scared instead of growing a pair and using free speech.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Indeed - that is what I thought. I think they were running scared instead of growing a pair and using free speech.

Another example: Jacobs criticised the BBC for some sound issues during the Wimbledon presentations.

That was on the same day they discussed the Haye fight and, surprise surprise, did not mention a thing about the non-broadcast problems that effected many Sky customers.

In fact, has that been mentioned on Talksport at all?

Pathetic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only heard Adam last night, MG is allowing the callers to say their piece about Maude before he says "you know I don't like discussing other presenters" I know MG would never say anything against Forde, he's too professional for that, on the flip side he does not stick up for Matt like he could either, he just Say's the listening figures (Rajar) are up.:cool:
    It doesn't take Albert Einstein to work out what Mike Graham thinks of Matt Forde, like you say Jack his lack of support for him is deafening out here. No one can blame Mike for this he's looking after his own back but in reality he's fully aware of how bad Forde is.
This discussion has been closed.