The Fall - Gillian Anderson - starts Monday 13th May BBC2

thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anybody else looking forward to this?

Five part crime thriller starring Gillian Anderson as a detective on the hunt for a serial killer.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a477820/gillian-andersons-the-fall-gets-bbc-air-date-first-trailer-watch.html

Sounds promising. Gillian Anderson is a brilliant actress and we don't see enough of her on television. Now we have this and Hannibal to look forward to!

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Anybody else looking forward to this?

Five part crime thriller starring Gillian Anderson as a detective on the hunt for a serial killer.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a477820/gillian-andersons-the-fall-gets-bbc-air-date-first-trailer-watch.html

Sounds promising. Gillian Anderson is a brilliant actress and we don't see enough of her on television. Now we have this and Hannibal to look forward to!

I can't wait! It feels like they've taken forever to show it!

It's funny to think there's some Hollyoaks actors in it!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking forward to this for ages. Yeh it's got 4 Hollyoaks actors in it - the actors who played Kris, Cheryl, Brendan and Lyndsey.
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS have this in their must see TV this week. Compared favourably to both Homeland and The Killing.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks particularly promising, it's an opportunity for the BBC to get back at ITV which currently seems to have the lion's share of watchable dramas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    I think this will be brilliant . Gillian Anderson is amazing
  • hallchallc Posts: 200,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Sky + it..should be gritty and good
  • Kwazykat61Kwazykat61 Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    looking forward to this thanks for the reminder :)
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading her interview in tv times. She says its not too disturbing for tv. Not too gratuitous. Yet others have said its very dark and graphic so which is it?
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this set in England or America? will she have an English or Canadian accent?
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Is this set in England or America? will she have an English or Canadian accent?

It is set in Belfast - I think her character has been drafted in from London, so I would expect an English accent, but who knows? People work internationally these days and move around a lot.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heads up for anyone who has access to RTE 1, it starts on it tonight at 9.30 if you can't wait until tomorrow.
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    I've Sky + it as I know I'll miss some weeks......Monday night looks like it's coming good again after ....you know what, starting with a B :D
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alison Graham ( Radio Times) is raving about it.

That means it's worth watching.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Reading her interview in tv times. She says its not too disturbing for tv. Not too gratuitous. Yet others have said its very dark and graphic so which is it?

Well that would be a matter of opinion wouldn't it?
  • auddemauddem Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Its on now on RTE, it's a bit slow.......
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auddem wrote: »
    Its on now on RTE, it's a bit slow.......

That's possibly a good sign as far as I'm concerned. :)
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch a lot of BBC progs, but the first promo I had heard about it was last week.

Looking forward to this, hope it is as good as its leading actress....
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So looking forward to this! I love Gillian Anderson, and ever since the X Files have watched most of her work (have liked all the period stuff she's done). This has been getting good reviews, some articles even putting it on par (or even better than) Broadchurch. Apparently Gillian Anderson and Jaimie Dornan put in great performances. I just hope it lives up to the expectation!
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alison Graham ( Radio Times) is raving about it.

That means it's worth watching.

Alison Graham is a load of old tosh, She usually hates everuything people like and likes things that they hate so with her I'd take a pot of salt.

This however sounds promisibng.
  • kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this.
  • auddemauddem Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to all your thoughts on it later.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to this! I'll be tuning in at 9 :)
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC site http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00wrk40 (which I only came across yesterday).
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its very good..... just don't watch it on your own !!! I'm not the better of it !
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the man in this from 'once upon a time?