Caught my son...

1234568»

Comments

• Mr PringleMr Pringle Posts: 6,469
    Forum Member
    Ignore this completely, try and wipe it from your mind. He's 17 - it's nothing to do with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    Amazing Dad, fantastic dad, super dad, for gods sake whats the BIG DEAL:confused::confused::confused::yawn:

Because a lot of Dads wouldn't have been that calm, rational and accepting of the situation.

The OP handled it well and it's clear his son feel comfortable enough around him to talk about his sexuality and his feelings.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,923
    Forum Member
    Mr Pringle wrote: »
    Ignore this completely, try and wipe it from your mind. He's 17 - it's nothing to do with you.

Too late:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=26289900&postcount=138
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to re-bump the thread, but i couldn't read without posting, even tho i wanted to say practically the same as everyone else here. I'm glad everything went ok and you couldn't handed it any better :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fab dad.....very cool!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,481
    Forum Member
    First off thanks everyone for being supportive! Thanks too Andy Carlton... advice taken (with a pinch of salt)!

Had the chat this morning and my son is officially gay, he came to me. I wasn't shocked, I apologised for walking in and have now said if the door is ajar I will knock also. We hugged, he cried, we hugged, we talked. I said that it is his life, he's 17 so legally he is doing nothing wrong. His friend came over and we chatted all three of us and I have said it's his decision to tell his parents, not mine, if he wants advice I will be there for him too; I'll even sit in with him if he wants me too if he chooses to tell them.

I asked when they started and my son said they had got "serious" about 6 weeks ago and I asked how far they had gone, put it this way, neither are virgins anymore. They are using condoms but I had to laugh when my son came out with "because there is less mess that way!"

I guess I can understand my son raising him from birth without his mother who gave him up, you see I was 18 when he was born and many people assume that we are bothers. I don't seemed to have aged!! LOL!

My girfriend is cool with it, they are more like brother and sister really - mind you she was asking him questions in the style of Little Britain and Catherine Tate like "do you take delivery round the back" so it lightened the mood.

I just asked that I don't want to hear them yelling out things like "take me big boy" or "harder, harder"!

I'm not gay, but I wish I'd had a father like you.
    My parents were so Victorian and controlling that I rebelled and went completely off the rails in my teens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh, OP, if there's an official short list for Parent of the Year, you should be on it! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I agree with whats been said. You sound like a fantastic father and your son is lucky to have you :) You have placed your sons happiness above the stupid expectations of society!!

xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    I think its important for everyone on here to remember that it doesnt mean hes gay. Lots of kids experiment with their friends when theyre young, doesnt mean theyre gay or straight. He could be either.

Sounds to me like you are already dealing with the situation by being supportive whatever his preferences turn out to be. Which is really good :)

I think your son is prob just well embarrassed and probably wont be happy if you bring the topic up. Just move on, maybe get him a lock for his door and just stay downstairs if his mate is round again! lol. :D

EDIT: Just saw that he came out to you and you all had a good chat about it. What a great parent you are :) I wish mine were more like you!!!

Tell your son 'welcome to the Gaybourhood!' :D
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic father! x
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just had the mother of embarrassing situations... I walked in on my son and his friend in his bedroom engaged in oral sex, both naked on his bed. I knew they were spending a lot of time together and have known each other since secondary school but never realised in a month of Sunday’s that they were this close. His mate saw me, I turned and left closing the door. They are both still up there but I haven’t a clue what the heck I am going to say next. Help! They are both 17 btw.

Perhaps wait a bit and take them up some milk and biscuits. They're bound to have worked up an apetite.

I take it from your post that you are o.k. with what has hapened you just have to let them know that in the least embarassing way possible.

You could be mean and take them some breath mints:D
  • HoneyblossomHoneyblossom Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.P you sound like a wonderful, understanding dad. My parents would have gone mental in the same situation sadly:(
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fab dad.....very cool!

Agreed. Dad in a million. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread has made me smile ... what a cool dad! That must have been the most embrassing moment by far for your son, who wants to be caught by their parent when having sex lol!

Sounds like you, and he, handled it all really well, and what a fantastic relationship you seem to have.